Flat trucks

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2014 6:30 AM

I want to learn these and I have flat 180 bars dialed and flat 3s dialed but when I 3 my knees are too bent to throw a bar. does anyone have tips on how to get a nice flat 3 around without tucking the bike up so much? and I know people are going to say to try it out of a quarter/bank first but it's 20 degrees out and I'm not old enough to drive to an indoor. thanks In advance

|

2/9/2014 7:04 AM

wrong section.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/9/2014 7:37 AM

T-rider wrote:

wrong section.

not too many people are usually checking out the how to section so I just posted it in the general section. didn't really think it'd matter

|

2/9/2014 8:22 AM

im not sure if anyone can truck flat here

|

2/9/2014 9:04 AM

iFLYBikes wrote:

not too many people are usually checking out the how to section so I just posted it in the general section. didn't really ...more

true.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/9/2014 9:08 AM

i can't do em, but if it was me I'd just practice doin flat3s while pinching the seat for a bit until youve got that motion down, then when that feels comfortable, started throwing em.

Good luck, I think stevie churchill has a how to on the come up, maybe check that out if you ain't already.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/9/2014 9:40 AM

I would do them the same way I learned Trucks in general. Just start spinning 180 bars harder and further around until you get them. Practice as much as you can, hop higher too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2014 10:15 AM

Hey i can do them from time to time!! I landed a few good ones a while ago. Lately it has been too cold to really try them consistently sad haha

You gotta pop the three like you would a hop bar. Whrn you pull you gotta push out and keep your legs straight and pinch the seat. I think 270 bars on mellow banks are the best way to do it honestly. You can go at it like a 180 bar until it is almost a full 360. I am sure youll do it if you can 180 bar.

I think it is better to think of the 360 as a slower spin you will have more time to throw the barspin. They are easy off a steeper bank too. But do 270 bars on a mellow bank and you will advance into a full 360 bar. Pop the three high and push out as if it were a barspin. Because it kinda is haha. And when you do the three you are gonna turn your head but have your eyes on the bars. It is awkward but you can do it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/9/2014 12:00 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would do them the same way I learned Trucks in general. Just start spinning 180 bars harder and further around until you get ...more

so I should throw the bars at the same time as a 180 bar and just focus on spinning a bit harder?

|

2/9/2014 12:02 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hey i can do them from time to time!! I landed a few good ones a while ago. Lately it has been too cold to really try them ...more

yeah next time I get to a park I might try them on a bank or something but for now all I have is the space in my garage. thanks for the tips though, I'll post a video if I get them down.

|

2/9/2014 12:03 PM

iFLYBikes wrote:

yeah next time I get to a park I might try them on a bank or something but for now all I have is the space in my garage. ...more

Definitely dude! If you need any more help on em, just PM me or make a thread! Give me an Internet High Five if you get it. hahaha Post a vid of it for sure, if you get em or not, itll help me help you. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/9/2014 7:20 PM

I'm pretty sure there are tons of serious riders on the forum and site. You will most likely tap starting off though.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/10/2014 10:51 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'm pretty sure there are tons of serious riders on the forum and site. You will most likely tap starting off though.

oh yeah even chad kerley taps on his flat trucks lol. I don't expect to have the clean or perfect or even consistently l I just can't seem to get past 180 bars.

|

2/10/2014 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2014 2:53 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would do them the same way I learned Trucks in general. Just start spinning 180 bars harder and further around until you get ...more

iFLYBikes wrote:

so I should throw the bars at the same time as a 180 bar and just focus on spinning a bit harder?

That's how I learned trucks. Just started spinning 180 bars harder to rotate more. I had then down in a few days. This is not hopped mind you.

And I almost ALWAYS have the bars caught before I am much past the 180 point.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura