Flatland parts.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2018 8:05 AM

I was wondering how well flatland parts would hold up for street, as I ride mainly technical street (not all foot high ledges) but I am interested in doing a more streetland like Matthias dandois or Terry Adams.
I was thinking of getting a 36mm offset S&M Redneck FLT stem on my next build and was just curious about how well it would hold up.

|

Hmmm

6/10/2018 9:02 AM

Edman123 wrote:

I was wondering how well flatland parts would hold up for street, as I ride mainly technical street (not all foot high ledges) ...more

Should be good as long as you're not jumping off roofs, I'd say the same about all flatland parts really

|

6/10/2018 9:25 AM

Just look at Matthias Dandois bike check and see what he runs... whatever he runs, you can run lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/10/2018 10:44 AM

i ride a deco fufork v2 in 15mm its just fine

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

6/10/2018 12:02 PM

Should be fine

|

It’s all bmx

6/10/2018 4:42 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just look at Matthias Dandois bike check and see what he runs... whatever he runs, you can run lol

he runs all street parts except his tires

|

It’s all bmx

6/10/2018 8:03 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

he runs all street parts except his tires

Ah okay, I didn't know that....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/11/2018 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 12:44 PM

Just bought me 2 sets of flatland bars to mess around with! I love crazy bars and I don't go to big anymore Photo

|

brakeless maniac

6/11/2018 12:59 PM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

Just bought me 2 sets of flatland bars to mess around with! I love crazy bars and I don't go to big anymore Photo

They are crazy lol, if I wanted flatland bars I would probably go for intricats just because I know they would hold up.yo normal riding for a long time

|

Hmmm

6/12/2018 8:42 AM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

They are crazy lol, if I wanted flatland bars I would probably go for intricats just because I know they would hold up.yo ...more

all those would hold up fine to street, flatland parts are not weaker than regular street parts by any means (for the most part). the main difference you would feel is the geometry. flatland bars will have less sweep, forks will have steeper/no offset, etc.

the stem you're thinking about is no different than a regular size version.

if you're interested in trying a bit of flat, try a shorter offset fork, maybe a shorter frame, but it's honestly not necessary. mattias rides a 21 frame, regular stem and street bars. the only flat-ish parts is his forks (13mm offset i think) ares tires (1.90, 100+ psi) and griptape on his pegs which honestly isn't that critical.

if anything, i would recommend front and back brakes to learn flatland basics that you can apply to street/park

|

It’s all bmx

6/12/2018 8:56 AM

Edman123 wrote:

I was wondering how well flatland parts would hold up for street, as I ride mainly technical street (not all foot high ledges) ...more

Pretty well, and you have to consider many are modeled after street/dirt/park parts. Too bad things are not made like they use to be. When race parts, street parts and dirt/park parts were interchangeable.

|

6/12/2018 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2018 10:55 AM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

They are crazy lol, if I wanted flatland bars I would probably go for intricats just because I know they would hold up.yo ...more

adamnmexican wrote:

all those would hold up fine to street, flatland parts are not weaker than regular street parts by any means (for the most ...more

Having the crossbar so low definitely makes the bars more prone to bending or cracking on either end of the crossbar

|

Hmmm