Flats help

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2016 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2016 1:45 PM

i keep getting flats everyday i ride, im running duo svs white wall tires and 40% thicker tubes, every flat i throughly clean out my tire but then keep getting more and i make sure i dont ride through glass or goatheads but still get them every day 40-45 psi in both

|

5/30/2016 2:51 PM

Check your rim. Could be crap rim tape, a spoke sticking through, a split in your rim, something stuck to the rim tape etc. Check your tube and work out where the puncture was caused, then try to find what's caused it

|

5/30/2016 3:25 PM

Get rim tape, and run your fingers over the bead, are there sharp points?

|

5/30/2016 6:18 PM

Some higher pressure might help too.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

5/30/2016 7:39 PM

Everything has been said here. Also, check the inside walls of your rims, maybe a piece of metal is sticking out. If, however, this doesn't solve your problem, try to see WHERE the puncture is happening, maybe you can pinpoint the problem that way.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/30/2016 8:49 PM

Alright thanks guys ill check this tomorrow, and recommend any good rim tape? ill just buy some anyway since i just bought a ton of parts

|

5/30/2016 9:23 PM

Whatever they have on Dan's, it works way better than strips. I always just used electrical tape in the past. Main point, those cheap skinny rimstrips that cone on a lot of wheels often don't cover the whole inside, and the nipple holes or spokes poke the inner tube. Good rimstrips are fine, I like tape because it doesn't move or get in the way when changing a tube.

|