Fly 3 Amigos

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2007 5:08 AM

I am looking at getting a new frame and wondering if anyone has some input on the 3 amigos frame.
Thanks.
|

2/5/2007 11:01 AM

i work at a shop and people are pretty in to all the fly frames

|

2/5/2007 12:16 PM

Quick! Go to Albes.com. They're having a sale on that bad boy for $199.99. I think it may have been one of their 2424 sales. That means the price is only good for 24 hours and I saw it there yesterday. I've seen this sale before, so it stands to reason that they will bring it back in the future.

|

2/5/2007 5:31 PM

GMGuinn wrote:

Quick! Go to Albes.com. They're having a sale on that bad boy for $199.99. I think it may have been one of their 2424 sales. That means the price is only good for 24 hours and I saw it there yesterday. I've seen this sale before, so it stands to reason that they will bring it back in the future.

all fly frames are golden. i know someone with the 3 amigos frame and it seems like a really great frame

|

2/5/2007 7:29 PM

looks like a nice frame, has the specs i want but i cant seem to pull $200 out right now plus theextra money for a new spanish BB and integrated headset otherwise id buy it

|

2/6/2007 1:52 PM

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote:

looks like a nice frame, has the specs i want but i cant seem to pull $200 out right now plus theextra money for a new spanish BB and integrated headset otherwise id buy it

what size spanish bottom bracket do you have, cause i have an extra 19 mm one i dont use and i dont need it since i run a 22mm crank spindle, i think its still good also

|

2/7/2007 1:06 PM

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

what size spanish bottom bracket do you have, cause i have an extra 19 mm one i dont use and i dont need it since i run a 22mm crank spindle, i think its still good also

i run a mid bb but what i was saying was if i bought the fly 3 amigos i woul dneed money for the BB to go with it
|

2/7/2007 6:11 PM

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote:

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote: joe rides bicycles wrote:

i run a mid bb but what i was saying was if i bought the fly 3 amigos i woul dneed money for the BB to go with it

i was talking if you got the frame what size spanish bearing would you need cause i have extra 19 mm which i think are still good that i could give out to you or whatever

|

2/11/2007 5:49 AM

]DO NOT GET IT!!!

i hav it and the intergrated seatclamp striped out without any effort. now i have to run a bolt on each side and a little gold strip of metal between the clamp and post because it also stretched somehow witch is a pain because it looks ugly, scratches up the paint, and produces rust.

check it out on my bike check an leave me a comment

http://www.vitalbmx.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=3506&goTab=setup%20check

Post edited by: chrit, at: 2007/02/11 13:53
|

2/11/2007 9:25 AM

chrit wrote: ]DO NOT GET IT!!!

i hav it and the intergrated seatclamp striped out without any effort. now i have to run a bolt on each side and a little gold strip of metal between the clamp and post because it also stretched somehow witch is a pain because it looks ugly, scratches up the paint, and produces rust.

http://www.vitalbmx.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=3506&goTab=setup%20check

you could of tapped out the threds like rethread it all. or you could have drilled out the threads and attach a helicoil to it. both these things could of solved your problem instead of using your 2 bolt way

|

2/11/2007 11:09 AM

chrit wrote: ]DO NOT GET IT!!!

you could of tapped out the threds like rethread it all. or you could have drilled out the threads and attach a helicoil to it. both these things could of solved your problem instead of using your 2 bolt way

i rethreaded it 2 times already thats why i had to do this.

I think im goin to get an s3 though to solve all the problems. I dont trust integrated clamps any more.

chrit.

|

10/6/2009 5:33 PM

i brought back this SUPER OLD POST!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|