Fly Bikes Zapatas Brake Pads

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2011 3:29 PM

anyone have experience with the rubber colored ones... i have a chrome back wheel and i know having plain clear is squeaky as fuck and a tad bit two touchy and i was wondering if its a bit better with the plain rubber... i like stopping power but i dont want it to like skid when i tap the brakes... and i wanted to dick around with little brake tricks for fun

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

9/13/2011 3:34 PM

i was also wondering whats up with the kool-stop dual compounds?

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

9/13/2011 3:35 PM

odyssey pads!!

|

Honey badger don't give a shit
Bobby Getz is my secret lover from Dayton Ohio

9/13/2011 4:26 PM

hunter.larouche wrote:

odyssey pads!!

had them, they were alright... i just kinda wanted to try something new, which is why i was wondering about the previously stated pads

|

9/13/2011 4:47 PM

I had black ones and a black rim. Squeaky as shit too but they're alright, not the best.

|

Refs: BEASTASSDICKwink, ecuadevil, X_Woody_X, Showtime402, the balt, effigy, Bmxmasta249, LucasRidesBikes, Strange639

9/13/2011 5:38 PM

Piffery wrote:

I had black ones and a black rim. Squeaky as shit too but they're alright, not the best.

for the fly pads?

|

9/13/2011 6:32 PM

kool stop bmx brake pads where the besat i had but the fly are good the clear hough is loud

|

9/13/2011 6:44 PM

Piffery wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

for the fly pads?

Yep.

|

Refs: BEASTASSDICKwink, ecuadevil, X_Woody_X, Showtime402, the balt, effigy, Bmxmasta249, LucasRidesBikes, Strange639

9/13/2011 7:28 PM

White flys are by far the best.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/13/2011 7:56 PM

#SwagBikes wrote:

kool stop bmx brake pads where the besat i had but the fly are good the clear hough is loud

whats the dual compound for on the kools?

|

9/13/2011 8:31 PM

i had the solid black ones. i liked the female design cause my foot never gets caught on the brake pads bolt. but they didnt stop worth shit.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

9/13/2011 9:07 PM

eclat clear pads work well, kinda squeeky but not overly obnoxious...and they do not lock up the wheel instantly.

white fly pads are ok too, a bit louder than i liked

|

9/14/2011 7:20 AM

bobPA wrote:

eclat clear pads work well, kinda squeeky but not overly obnoxious...and they do not lock up the wheel instantly.

white fly pads are ok too, a bit louder than i liked

The Eclat pads are crap... they stop all right but the first layer of the pads peels off (where they write the name) I've had them on for a few months, but I had to take a razor blade to them 4 or 5 times to get it all of the way off... Causes the pad to "reach" in and rub the rim constantly. They'll stop you, but they're loud as hell, and I really hated watching my "new" pads fall apart.

|

9/14/2011 8:37 AM

Odyssey medium pads. I think they are red. I had mine on a blue rim. Very minimal amount of wear and not squeaky at all. They lock up pretty well too.

|

9/14/2011 11:44 AM

Buy clear pads > install them correctly > they wont squeek if you do it right > they will work almost as good as disk brakes on a mtb.

I run a chrome rim w/ clear eclat pads and with some adjustment over time and proper cleaning on my rim they do not squeek and they work great.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

9/14/2011 2:53 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

i had the solid black ones. i liked the female design cause my foot never gets caught on the brake pads bolt. but they didnt stop worth shit.

Agreed. I had two pairs and hated them both. Odyssey clear pads were the best pads I've ever had by far.

|

9/26/2012 3:50 PM

Garbage...adjusted them every which way toe in heal in and flat...i either could stop and have squeak or no squeak and no stop...the squeak was the worst ever...though this is an old thread maybe it will help someone...Odyssey A pads are the best ive ever used

|

Refs...DORBmx...805life