Fly Ruben Rampera Tire Review

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2015 11:00 AM

I've had these for a few months now. They grip like no other on all terrain. They wear somewhat fast in the rear due to the aggressive center tread, but nothing terrible. Theyre crazy light and they also come in both blimp and regular sizes which is nice since most tires only come in blimp sizes now. Noticed my sidewall beginning to go this morning which is disappointing. I only run about 80-90psi so i don't see it being user-error (Theyre rated 110psi.) Overall, i would highly recommend them for lighter or smooth riders, but i believe being heavier set and being a rough rider led to their demise.

Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/29/2015 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2015 12:17 PM

I just think you are not lucky.
I still have a pair of these tyres, but i'ts an older version (there was no difference between the rampera and the campillera (which is the exact same draw but thicker with more gum)).
Now they only (re)make one single tyre so I don't know how it have evolved.

About the grip, this tyre is good everywhere, from street to trail.
But when i ride the pair (2,25 both) I feel a little too much rolling resistance, so I prefer couple it with something more slick or thinner on the rear.
And I found the sidewalls pretty resistant to rubbing on grinds.
For someone who ride essentialy street and who still want to got a good grip when riding dirt, this is one of the best front tyre ever.

About your problem, I don't think you were too heavier for this tyre, i put the same pressure and i'm not really light, i weigh 90kg which is something like 200lbs.

|

1/29/2015 11:36 AM

Francky wrote:

I just think you are not lucky.
I still have a pair of these tyres, but i'ts an older version (there was no difference between ...more

I am a larger fella and do some half decent gaps and drops and just generally ride rough. This one is also my Rear, the front is fine. They held up great for grinding, but this isn't grind damage. The bead split there, almost like it would if i were running too much PSI (not the case.) I agree that its a great tire, but its definitely a little thin! As for the Campilleras, they were Ramperas with deeper/more aggressive tread. Ligeras are Ramperas with hollow side treads.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/29/2015 11:37 AM

Anyhow, back to 2.25 FAFs for this guy!

|