Fly v.s ODSY

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2013 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2013 12:21 PM

Fly tires or ODSY tires. Give me an honest oppinion. Or drop dome other tires that are good for park./trails

|

9/16/2013 12:20 PM

food.lol
i meant good

|

9/16/2013 12:28 PM

Fit FAF 2.25s an Animal GLHs both amazing on anything. The glh isn't the best on park but I've never had a problem
Heard odys suck for park
Seen a lot of people run flys at park. Must be good

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/16/2013 12:34 PM

fafs are only good in 2.25 arent they.

|

9/16/2013 1:14 PM

wtp feelin/grippin tyres are good
fly rubens
momentums
aitkens

ive had experience with all of these on park and they are all good smile what type of ramps wood/meal/concrete maybe i might be able to help you more

|

9/16/2013 1:43 PM

Aitkens forever, ive had mine like 6 or so months and they still look perfect

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/16/2013 1:51 PM

I ride fafs on front and back in 2.10s and their my favorite ive ridin so far second best I think is odyssey and ive ridin fly but there not my favorite.

|

9/16/2013 1:52 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

This. Have had mine almost two years.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/16/2013 2:42 PM

I am currently running the K-lyte aitken. I bought it when the k-lytes came out and its now turning to garbage. And my fly gets a balled spot if i accidentely squezze on the brakes hard. Are they mad out of some different type of rubber?

|

9/16/2013 3:43 PM

I have fly ruban dirt tires......they beat the hell out of my fafs I had.....faf tires are overrated......I didn't find them good at all for high speed fakies

|

9/16/2013 4:40 PM

For street and park, ride Momentums, best tire out there in my opinion.

For trails, even though i don't ride trails, I think makes some now trail tires like the Aitken

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

9/16/2013 4:49 PM

Is the 2.35 momentum actually pretty big compared to a 2.25 aitken?

|

9/16/2013 4:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2013 4:58 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

I've got demos and they are huge when fully inflated, not sure about the comparison with the aitken tho.
I use then for park and street, they are light & roll fast as fuck but Ive washed out a few times with them in concrete bowls and slippery street surfaces. Great for sliders / smoothies but they would be terrible for dirt tho.

I wouldn't buy them again. Have a look at the eclat tires they got some that are specific for trails & park, can't go wrong with that company, one of the best.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/16/2013 5:13 PM

Im going to say go with odyssey over fly any day.

Had some ramp eras and rubens and they didn't last me a bit. I don't use brakes of any kind or use the old shoe brakes.
Ride mostly street and the side walls won't last a bit either. Go with some V-Track if you want some nice grip. What type of riding do you do. i see that you ride park but do you need something with low rolling resistance or something really grippy?

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/16/2013 5:15 PM

Odysseys will over power flys any day, in the end its all in the rider and how good he can handle his bike

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/16/2013 8:36 PM

loved the aitkens, wear kinda fast though

|

United0Cult0

9/16/2013 9:18 PM

Aitken streets
Animal tww or glh
Odyssey tires rule

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

9/17/2013 7:57 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

This. Have had mine almost two years.

I had an Aitken on the back and it lasted 8 months but then again that is longer than any other Tyre I've ever owned. Tyres don't last long at all for me. But it's probably because ride a lot and I ride Concrete Parks half the time, which wears out Tyres fast.

|

9/17/2013 8:02 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

Im going to say go with odyssey over fly any day.

Had some ramp eras and rubens and they didn't last me a bit. I don't use brakes of any kind or use the old shoe brakes.
Ride mostly street and the side walls won't last a bit either. Go with some V-Track if you want some nice grip. What type of riding do you do. i see that you ride park but do you need something with low rolling resistance or something really grippy?

Mainly grip. My aitken definitely has grip but its only a 2.25. Im looking for 2.35's soon. So im trying to figure out wich way to go.

|

9/17/2013 8:09 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I've got demos and they are huge when fully inflated, not sure about the comparison with the aitken tho.
I use then for park and street, they are light & roll fast as fuck but Ive washed out a few times with them in concrete bowls and slippery street surfaces. Great for sliders / smoothies but they would be terrible for dirt tho.

I wouldn't buy them again. Have a look at the eclat tires they got some that are specific for trails & park, can't go wrong with that company, one of the best.

Was it control that was specific for trails?

|

9/17/2013 8:16 AM

AIKENS!!!!

|

9/17/2013 8:17 AM

Maybe Machetes????

|

9/17/2013 8:53 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

Yeah it is, the momentum looks like twice the size of an aitken

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/17/2013 8:56 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

ya, eclat is great. Got the escape in back & the command in front, I would do the control in front if my local dirt wasn't so loamy.

|

United0Cult0

9/17/2013 9:32 AM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

tremelo wrote:

ya, eclat is great. Got the escape in back & the command in front, I would do the control in front if my local dirt wasn't so loamy.

Ok sweet. But any refrence on those machetes>?

|

9/17/2013 9:45 AM

Chase hawks or Aaron Ross tires

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/17/2013 10:57 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Chase hawks or Aaron Ross tires

? are you serious. Those ross's are complete shit.

|

9/17/2013 11:26 AM

The Machete tires are my favorite at the moment. One of the biggest, definitely bigger then the 2.4 hawks and a lot of other tires on the market.. I've rode and compared Deharts, Stolen, animal, odyssey, fly, united, eastern and demolition.I wasn't happy with the sizes and performance of most. I like the machete best..The 2.35 is also bigger then every brand I listed..Premium has the biggest , I've been on them for years until recently with the Demo.. Dont believe the inflate sizes you see at danscomp and such.. The Machete have a long life with tons of grip on all terrain. I highly recommend them. Only other tire I'm interested in is the 2.4 nightvision fit tires although its a few months until the release. The United Indirect tires are nice as well , had a deep tread for trails.Wish they were wider than advertised. Fly Rubens(any model) are also very good. You're going to hear a lot of different reviews however I'm sure any of the popular brands list will do well.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/17/2013 12:29 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

The Machete tires are my favorite at the moment. One of the biggest, definitely bigger then the 2.4 hawks and a lot of other tires on the market.. I've rode and compared Deharts, Stolen, animal, odyssey, fly, united, eastern and demolition.I wasn't happy with the sizes and performance of most. I like the machete best..The 2.35 is also bigger then every brand I listed..Premium has the biggest , I've been on them for years until recently with the Demo.. Dont believe the inflate sizes you see at danscomp and such.. The Machete have a long life with tons of grip on all terrain. I highly recommend them. Only other tire I'm interested in is the 2.4 nightvision fit tires although its a few months until the release. The United Indirect tires are nice as well , had a deep tread for trails.Wish they were wider than advertised. Fly Rubens(any model) are also very good. You're going to hear a lot of different reviews however I'm sure any of the popular brands list will do well.

nice. i might go with machetes then. i love fat ass tires!

|