Flybikes Geo frame.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2016 10:18 AM

Hey so I recently ordered the flybikes geo frame. I noticed from looking around that there isn't a review or build on the frame so I thought I would make this topic to give it a review once I receive it. I got in Black toptube length 20.7.Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/4/2016 11:57 AM

I was like THAT close to getting one

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/4/2016 12:05 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I was like THAT close to getting one

It looks really nice and the geometry looks pretty solid. Im pretty excited. Im currently running a Stranger Nomad 21 inch but it feels to big for me.

|

5/6/2016 1:27 AM

9.25 standover with a steep HT . Pretty sure it's straight gauge tubing as well on top of my head . I was super close to buying it . Happy with my Bonesaw , although a taller standover would have been nice

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/6/2016 10:55 AM

9.25 standover with a steep HT . Pretty sure it's straight gauge tubing as well on top of my head . I was super close to ...more

I'll let you know how it is

|

5/8/2016 3:49 PM

The frame is good enough for Larry Edgar. I would trust him haha

|

5/8/2016 5:54 PM

The frame feels so good. I just rode it for a little bit but it's super responsive and Manuel's just click in. I love how it feels. I have put some more abuse on it before I give a full review but as for right now it's dope

Photo

|

5/8/2016 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2016 6:40 PM

Noice. now go post a bike check

|

5/8/2016 7:24 PM

Damn that looks sick as fuck , I'm glad to hear it's a good frame . It was literally my 1st choice and I was super close to buying it . S&M dropped the Canadian specific Bonesaw , a 1664 collaboration and I got that instead . It has a mellowed HT at 75.25 and a 13.25 chainstay or something similar so I figured I'd try that incase 75.5 was too much . I really liked the fat dropouts and high standover on the Geo , mines only 8.8 so it's a tad low but I'm not bothered .

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/8/2016 10:32 PM

Damn that looks sick as fuck , I'm glad to hear it's a good frame . It was literally my 1st choice and I was super close to ...more

Yeah its cool. Only thing is that i had hard time putting my back wheel on with both hubguards it was super tight.

|

5/8/2016 10:32 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

Noice. now go post a bike check

haha aight ill put one up tomorrow

|

5/9/2016 2:05 AM

Damn that looks sick as fuck , I'm glad to hear it's a good frame . It was literally my 1st choice and I was super close to ...more

JosiahHendrix wrote:

Yeah its cool. Only thing is that i had hard time putting my back wheel on with both hubguards it was super tight.

Most frames will be like that , I have to sit down and pull my chainstay with one hand and use my other to slip my Kink DS guard between the dropouts and driver but it works . As long as it's not stretched you'll be fine . Having it tight means it won't fall off so that's cool . How are the dropouts ? Pictures ?

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/9/2016 11:52 PM

are they still using spanish bb?
anyone still using spanish bb?
i like the idea of saving that extra oz

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/10/2016 12:47 AM

buttmeate wrote:

They aren't

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/10/2016 1:13 AM

buttmeate wrote:

Not since they released a 24mm spindle crank, it just wouldn't work with a spannish BB.

About the tiny weight difference... don't be that picky, and of that really matters, think on global bikeweight, not part by part, you earn a few oz with a larger BB, then you lose some with a bigger crank spindle because those are super hollow.
But whatever, I'm pretty sure if you had both identical frames with for only difference a spannish vs a mid BB, you wouldn't notice any difference.

|

5/10/2016 8:03 AM

buttmeate wrote:

It's not Spanish anymore. I actually prefer mid bbs I don't care for weight I just want a strong bike

|