Flybikes....good, bad? please shed some light

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2014 6:50 PM

k so im in need of a new frame and i was offered a NEW 2013 flybikes electron frame (chromoly mainframe, hi tensil rear triangle) fork (hi ten legs chromo steer tube) and bars deal for $150 CAD

so has anyone had problems with flybikes cracking snapping denting easily, i ride mostly street landing max 4 feet to flat, can 360, and recently learned backflips on resi.... i think the price is really good for what i get and i like the small size.

Should i get it, Thanks

|

8/18/2014 6:57 PM

Its a decent price but hi ten steel isnt the best of materials. Fly is hit or miss with most people. I would say try to wait for a better deal if you can

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/18/2014 7:31 PM

I literally made this account JUST to reply to you...

Oh god no don't get it.. please.. I had the 2013 neutron and literally the second I started riding hard (180s.. footjams.. feeble here and there (shit was hard at the time)) I broke everything.. the only thing still standing is the cranks (knock on wood) the frames chainstays bent.. causing it to crack.. the front wheel went to shit.. the back hub skipped every time you pedaled.. the stem cracked... I only had it for a year.. and because I had a dent on the downtube they wouldn't warranty the crack in the chainstays because the dent ruined the integrity of the frame... then the forks snapped on me and because the paint was chipped due to grind damage.. they wouldn't warranty because the bike was "Meant for proper bike use" and apperently grinding and doing BMX tricks was "improper" lmfao.. shitty company.. shitty warranty... decent team...

|

8/18/2014 7:42 PM

Based of my experience with fly's aftermarket parts, im gunna say more than likley it will snap like a twig.

|

8/18/2014 7:49 PM

A lot of Fly's parts are hit or miss. Their rims are good, but everyone I know who's ever had a pair of Fly cranks has snapped them. I think the only good parts they make are rims, pedals, grips, and maybe stems. Everything else I always hear snaps pretty quickly. And those are aftermarket products, so I can't imagine stock parts being any better. For $150, honestly I would pass. Maybe $100 altogether if you really need them, but that frame is also pretty short I think so I'd pass on that again.

|

8/18/2014 8:12 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

A lot of Fly's parts are hit or miss. Their rims are good, but everyone I know who's ever had a pair of Fly cranks has snapped them. I think the only good parts they make are rims, pedals, grips, and maybe stems. Everything else I always hear snaps pretty quickly. And those are aftermarket products, so I can't imagine stock parts being any better. For $150, honestly I would pass. Maybe $100 altogether if you really need them, but that frame is also pretty short I think so I'd pass on that again.

Lmfao.. its funny because the only thing that has held up for me are the cranks and rims.. off a stock bike too lmfao.. knock on wood ( I am crazy superstitious about shit..)

|

8/18/2014 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2014 8:17 PM

I've ran a fly frame, first version of the cranks, and the latest version of the cranks (almost a year now, still holding strong) and they're solid but thats just my opinion. but $150 CAD for JUST the frame off of a complete isn't a very good deal, its not even full cromo. if you ride mainly street the hi-ten rear end will get mashed up pretty quickly.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

8/20/2014 1:53 AM

Don't buy this frame !
Quite to buy a new one, get one in full cromoly with a geo you like !
And i'm sure your actual frame is still rideable for a while (except if one tube is brake or something like that).
So, take your time and don't buy the first shit you can find.

|

8/20/2014 7:49 AM

150 for a stock frame/bars is too much.

And I've always heard mixed reviews on fly. Been told alot of their stuff snaps and that they have a shitty warranty department but i've had people say there part are strong and a great warranty department so i guess its just a case by case thing, personally i wouldn't buy anything fly though

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin