Flybikes or Volume (frames)

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2015 6:06 PM

Thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? What do you guys think of each and or prefer?

|

12/9/2015 6:50 PM

I've rode 4 or 5 Fly frames. The first few series were good but around 2011 the quality went down and they dent and crack fairly easy. I ended up trading my last fly to a friend and he snapped it recently. Volume never really impressed me and I was never really a fan.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

12/9/2015 7:12 PM

I have much more faith in volume, but then again i have no personal experiance. Volume is probably better tho.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

12/9/2015 8:08 PM

I'd say volume, but fly has had their product back up on par recently so you would be fine with equal I'm guessing.

|

12/9/2015 8:11 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I have much more faith in volume, but then again i have no personal experiance. Volume is probably better tho.

Agreed. I don't have much experience with either, but have always been a fan of Volume since they started, and have more faith in Volume frames than I do Fly. Haven't seen too many people with Fly stuff, but have heard about their frames breaking and never anything from Volume. Plus Fly is known for their Spanish bb, which is stupid imo. Lol

|

12/10/2015 1:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2015 1:41 AM

-Havok- wrote:

Agreed. I don't have much experience with either, but have always been a fan of Volume since they started, and have more faith ...more

Fly frames don't use the spannish BB anymore, since their 2016 frames, they use a mid BB like anyone else because they just release a 24 mm spindle crank.

|

12/10/2015 6:59 AM

S&M FTW

|

It’s all bmx

12/10/2015 8:32 AM

Try the new Kevin Peraza mongoose frame , American made for 389 can't
Be beat

|

12/10/2015 12:45 PM

Most of these companies (like the 2 you mentioned) don't actually make anything. They ship the plans to where it is made overseas. If you want something of unquestionable quality, and want to support the companies that give back to bmx in the USA, you really can't go wrong with S&M, FBM, FIT, United, and Standard. And you can actually call them up and talk to the people that work there on the phone. smile

|

12/10/2015 7:47 PM

Neither is that much better, but if i had to pick Fly's NEW stuff is good looking but Volume's will last longer.

But if you want a GREAT frame, FBM or a Sunday would work for ages and would be the last you'll ever need.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/10/2015 9:09 PM

I rode a fly Diablo frame 14 years ago .... Go with the volume .... Sand against the grain , then YouTube Brian Castillo , you might learn something

|

12/11/2015 6:16 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I'd say volume, but fly has had their product back up on par recently so you would be fine with equal I'm guessing.

Debating between fly geo and volume vessel. Kinda leaning towards the geo. Coming from federal churchill

|

12/11/2015 6:17 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

-Havok- wrote:

Agreed. I don't have much experience with either, but have always been a fan of Volume since they started, and have more faith ...more

The frames I'm looking at are the fly geo and volume vessel. Also fly switched all there new frames to mid including the one I'm looking at

|

12/11/2015 6:20 PM

johnduff86 wrote:

Most of these companies (like the 2 you mentioned) don't actually make anything. They ship the plans to where it is made ...more

Had an fbm bellwitch a couple years ago. I'm riding the federal churchill right now. Looking for something with a shorter back end

|

12/11/2015 6:23 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Neither is that much better, but if i had to pick Fly's NEW stuff is good looking but Volume's will last longer.

But if you ...more

Had an fbm bellwitch a couple years ago. Got a fat dent on the downtube the first day I rode it but it held up for a year till I got the federal churchill frame which I've beat the shit out of and is running strong haha. But yeah the new fly stuff looks real good. I was looking at the geo

|

12/12/2015 6:02 AM

I would go with volume

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit