Flying with bike on plane

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2013 12:25 PM

Alright so next week, (7/25) I'm flying out to Washington State to ride for a month or two and visit the surrounding area. Since I'm flying out and bringing my bike, what's the cheapest way to go about it? Can I get away with taking it apart and wrapping my clothes around it? I'm not taking much with me out there. Thanks for the help.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

7/17/2013 12:44 PM

Put it in a golf bag

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/17/2013 12:47 PM

tomdon wrote:

Put it in a golf bag

This take it a part and stick it in.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/17/2013 12:58 PM

Me and my friend flew our bikes out to Cali a few weeks ago. My dad somehow got these huge ass duffle bags, but anyways on certain airlines bags that are under 50 pounds fly free under the plane. But they also open up your bag and check it. Our bags were packed pretty tight so it was very difficult to zipper up so instead of taking the effort so zipper the bags completely closed they just taped the bags closed.

|

7/17/2013 1:17 PM

Don't have a golf bag or plan to buy one, think ill go with the duffle bag route. Just going to pack clothes tightly in with it.

|

7/17/2013 1:31 PM

This was sometime ago for a train ride to Italy.
Couldn't be fucked to take cranks off.Photo

|

7/17/2013 2:01 PM

Yeah looks like I need to find a decent sized duffle bag. Anybody know where to buy one?

|

7/17/2013 2:21 PM

I thought you were moving out here, like last year....

What part of washington will you be visiting?

Try a sporting goods store for large duffel bags.

|

7/17/2013 2:50 PM

pnj wrote:

I thought you were moving out here, like last year....

What part of washington will you be visiting?

Try a sporting goods store for large duffel bags.

Yeah man plans ended up changing, but ill be moving to graham which is about an hour from you. If you don't mind I wouldn't min helping out at the trails and riding. Let me know bud.

|

7/17/2013 2:52 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Yeah looks like I need to find a decent sized duffle bag. Anybody know where to buy one?

Trust me the one I had was pretty big and the bars still kinda popped out of the side as you can see.
And deflate or take the tires off they take quite some space (I didn't).

|

7/17/2013 2:58 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Trust me the one I had was pretty big and the bars still kinda popped out of the side as you can see.
And deflate or take the tires off they take quite some space (I didn't).

Yeah I'm gonna find an old hockey bag or something. I plan on taking my bike completely apart as much as possible so we'll see. Not tryin to pay the extra like $100 to bring it on

|

7/17/2013 4:43 PM

our trails got plowed last fall so all we currently have going is the public jumps. They are next to a skatepark.

There isn't much going on, trail wise. There are tons of parks though.

|