Foot slipping off the pedal + bunnyhop

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2020 1:33 AM

Anyone else have issues with this? How to not let foot slip off? I only do bunnyhops and that alone makes my foot slip off and had my shin hit really bad the pedal yesterday due to this

Photo

Help!

|

7/5/2020 2:30 AM

Alloy pedals usually have larger pins which your foot might grip better but it will hurt more if it slips

|

U WOT M9

7/5/2020 3:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2020 3:01 AM

Aussie steez wrote:

Alloy pedals usually have larger pins which your foot might grip better but it will hurt more if it slips

[img] https://photos.app.goo.gl/ydUyM5nGm2SkupAR6 [/img]
I have these and I think the grip on the pedals is great, just my bullshit that I somehow can't keep my feet slipping off of the pedals I need advice for

|

7/5/2020 3:36 AM

zatanoa wrote:

I have these and I think the grip on the pedals is great, just my ...more

If you are riding with your foot too far back or forward it might slip so if you try moving your foot position on the pedal it could help

|

U WOT M9

7/5/2020 3:50 AM

What’s the bottom of them slippers look like?

|

7/5/2020 5:13 AM

Use automatic clipless pedals like all those mountain bikers that can’t hop
Photo

|

7/5/2020 5:53 AM

zatanoa wrote:

Those pedals should do the job. It must be technique. I ride with the ball of my feet centered on the pedal. Hopefully that helps. I don’t have much to go on. Maybe post a bunny hop video and we can see where you might be going wrong.

|

7/5/2020 6:49 AM

Aussie steez wrote:

zatanoa wrote:

Aussie steez wrote:

If you are riding with your foot too far back or forward it might slip so if you try moving your foot position on the pedal it ...more

Yes mate, I think this is my main issue, I always keep my foot wayyy too forward, thanks!

|

7/5/2020 6:50 AM

Aussie steez wrote:

zatanoa wrote:

PhilStubbs wrote:

Those pedals should do the job. It must be technique. I ride with the ball of my feet centered on the pedal. Hopefully that ...more

As above, thank you as well!

|

7/5/2020 6:57 AM

Whookid570 wrote:

What’s the bottom of them slippers look like?

Oddly enough they have the best grip I have ever had on a shoe lol and that's why I use these

|

7/5/2020 10:35 AM

I just got some alloy pedals with pins not too long ago, and they stick to your feet like crazy, but I agree above that technique must be a big part in it. Mind posting a video of your hop?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/5/2020 11:14 AM

Get proper shoes.

|

7/5/2020 11:54 AM

readybmxer wrote:

I just got some alloy pedals with pins not too long ago, and they stick to your feet like crazy, but I agree above that ...more

I'll get one in a few days, current forecast is rain rain rain sad

Also, what are alloy pedal with pins?

|

7/5/2020 11:55 AM

shupe13 wrote:

Get proper shoes.

This is another one I wanted make a thread about

What are your favorite shoes for BMX alone? Good soles with a mega grip are a must I assume

|

7/5/2020 12:00 PM

If you run longer cranks, you could try something shorter. I've hardly slipped a pedal since going to 160 mm. Karate teacher always said my stance was too deep, guess he was right.

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?
Instagram: @theothermaj

7/5/2020 12:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2020 12:05 PM

zatanoa wrote:

I'll get one in a few days, current forecast is rain rain rain sad

Also, what are alloy pedal with pins?

These are what I got now. Super grippy, but will tenderize your legs if you screw up haha.

Photo

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/5/2020 12:09 PM

shupe13 wrote:

Get proper shoes.

zatanoa wrote:

This is another one I wanted make a thread about

What are your favorite shoes for BMX alone? Good soles with a mega grip are ...more

I prefer DC, Vans or Etnies. I like a wide, flat bottom and something with limited downward flex. I want the pressure on the bottom of my foot spread out. A padded tounge and a inner arch are a plus. As far as tread pattern, the standard circular pattern. Deeper than the pins on the pedal and wider so I can bail if I have to. Hopefully that makes sense.

|

7/5/2020 12:13 PM

Vans Old Skool Pro, and Odyssey Triple traps..

You're welcome 😃

Photo

|

7/5/2020 1:26 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Vans Old Skool Pro, and Odyssey Triple traps..

You're welcome

Photo

I ran bear traps back in the day. Slip one of those and you bled to death.

|

7/6/2020 5:02 AM

I have Grandstand PCs and some Osiris shoes and rarely have an issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2020 6:58 AM

Yeah, I would've guessed it's your shoes too. And I would try some Vans. But who knows, maybe your shoes are super grippy.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

7/6/2020 9:03 AM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QJAHw5EDTV1rm5SE6

Here's a photo of the sole but yeah going to get some proper shoes smile thank you everyone for the help!

|

7/7/2020 6:52 AM

S-h-i-n g-u-a-r-d-s smile smile smile

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/7/2020 8:04 AM

I think Vans soles are really good for gripping pedal pins. I sometimes use these chunky clarks in the winter and they work OK but I think the vans are better. The little indents are deeper than what's on your sole. The material might be grippy on yours but the texturing is less aggressive than vans. I don't know about other shoes that people use but that's my take. I didn't want to be a vans fanboy but the longer I own them the more comfy they are and the more I like them. There may be better things out there but mine are working well. Although I need to get the pro models next time cuz the insoles are kind of thin on normal ones.

Photo

Photo

The clarks I used in the winter before I got my vans.
Photo

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

7/7/2020 8:11 AM

Mad Mars wrote:

S-h-i-n g-u-a-r-d-s smile smile smile

Literally the first thing I did after that shin bang lol

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Jb416iVGxCeDTBe9

Old football shinguards work well here smile

|

7/7/2020 8:12 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

I think Vans soles are really good for gripping pedal pins. I sometimes use these chunky clarks in the winter and they work OK ...more

🤘🤘

Might just buy the classic black and white chess board Vans slip ons

|

7/7/2020 8:28 AM

zatanoa wrote:

You just gave away you're not from the USA...

We call it checkered... As in the checkered flag used in racing.

|

7/7/2020 8:33 AM

It was the football thing that threw me for a second. I never used shinguards when I played football. But then duh, my senior year was the first year our school had soccer and I actually quit football and played "football". I got to play Goalie and loved it. I think cuz I played american football for so long it made me a good goalie. Only thing is I couldn't kick far at all. But I was not afraid to take on rushers. I played safety in football and defense was my thing. I particularly remember taking at least 1 kid out of a game. LOL.

I have no clue where those shinguards are. Gone.

|

7/7/2020 8:35 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

I think Vans soles are really good for gripping pedal pins. I sometimes use these chunky clarks in the winter and they work OK ...more

zatanoa wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

You just gave away you're not from the USA...

We call it checkered... As in the checkered flag used in racing.

Hee-hee. Good catch.

|

7/7/2020 8:38 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

zatanoa wrote:

I used to watch dudes biff so hard they'd get knocked out of their slip-ons! 😂

|