For anyone looking to switch drive sides...or just some badass new pedals

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2018 5:01 PM

Some of you may know I grind mostly on the right, some of you may know I buy too many parts and end up regretting it soon after.

One thing I have not regretted, is purchasing Eclat AK pedals.

I have a set of RHD thunderbolt cranks and when I wanted to switch my drivetrain over to the left due to learning grinds, I had to make a choice... New LHD compatible cranks or fuck up my chain/sprocket all the time.

With these Eclat AK pedals you dont have to make that choice, they have universal fitting replaceable pedal bodies. Meaning you can literally use ANY crankset and just flip the pedals around to the correct orientation (with a single allen key).

Now you still face the threading issue because as you pedal you will be loosening rather than tightening but a bit of loctite might do the trick...or some serious torquing.

I will be using my RHD Thunderbolt cranks on the left with my eclat pedals instead of buying a new crankset. If this ends up not working out, I will of course update this post.

If you havent already, check out the ECLAT AK Pedals the are durable, quality hardware, great design, easy to work on and lifetime warranty axles!

Eclat has not paid for this promotion. Lol

If you get them, I recommend taking ALL the pins out and replacing them gradually as you wear down the plastic ones.

They are a bit pricey (and heavy) but you have to look at them as investing in a system rather than a disposable pair of pedals. If you wear anything out, parts or customer service is readily available.

They especially make sense if you grind a lot!Photo

|

4/23/2018 5:28 PM

Where'd you purchase yours? I've been doing lots of pedal grinds on my right side. The A.K pedals are so cool and versatile, I'm considering them over another pair of Odyssey twisted.

|

4/23/2018 7:32 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

Where'd you purchase yours? I've been doing lots of pedal grinds on my right side. The A.K pedals are so cool and versatile, I'm considering them over another pair of Odyssey twisted.

Ebay 365cycles for 53.00 bucks shipped.

|