Forest Fire Smoke

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2017 9:47 PM

Anybody else unable to do pretty much anything right now because of the piss-poor air quality. It's hovering around 8 here right now. The scale usually goes to 10 but I've heard that it's was so bad near Kamloops the other day that they called a 49 and just the other day they said it was 17. That's crazy. My eyes are burning and itchy at 7 and 8 and I'm pretty wheezy. How are you other guys living in areas blanketed in smoke coping?

|

8/9/2017 9:57 PM

Yup first ride tonight in days and its still like hazy AF... Not great for breathing for sure...

|

8/9/2017 10:08 PM

That sounds crazy. I can somewhat relate since we have active volcanoes here, but doesn't sound near as bad as you folks. Hope it clears up soon!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/9/2017 10:39 PM

It's horrible . Half of BC is on fire right now . It's sad because while I'm getting to ride my kids bike around town , people are evacuating and having their houses burnt down and all the poor animals getting abandoned. It's a helpless feeling , and it sucks because it's literally a smoke cloud over the province since summer started and the past 2 weeks it smells like a campfire , and you can barely see the sky . It hurts your eyes and lungs too . I don't think anyone would understand unless they live here but fuck it's bad .

This was the sky mid day Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/9/2017 10:44 PM

Over here in Salem it's quite hazy from all the fires and it smells like a huge campfire but he'll, with the little time I get to ride I gotta take every opportunity even if it sucks to breathe outside rn

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

8/10/2017 12:31 AM

I am in the same boat in salmon arm, can't even see the mountain tops through the smoke but I have limited time to bike so I just try not to overwork myself to keep my breathing low.

|

Ride till you die

8/10/2017 5:02 AM

Been hazy for some time here in Portland, OR too, not as bad as it sounds though as Compared to WA, and CAN.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/10/2017 7:26 AM

Still pretty bad here in Western WA. Just hazy though no smell, which I think is weird. I flew out of Vancouver 3 weeks ago and it was bad then, its crazy it has been going on so long.

|

8/10/2017 7:28 AM

I stayed inside when Gatlinburg, Tn burnt. Idk how the air quality and all that was but I know when I did go outside I went to the next town over. If it's burning your eyes and you are wheezy avoid going outside unless you have to

|

8/10/2017 9:13 AM

I can't believe some of you guys are riding in this shit. I want to really bad. I went and pumped around the track with my kid last Saturday but I haven't touched my bike since then. I want to but I don't want to end up passing out or something. I couldn't see the trees across the river last night. I live two blocks away from the river.

|

8/10/2017 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 9:26 AM

I'm in central Alberta and it gets pretty smoked out by the bc fires every few days , it's worse then when Fort mcmurray burned down last summer , makes for some wicked thunderstorms too with all the smoke particles for moisture to latch onto in the air lots of tornados this year

|

8/10/2017 12:47 PM

It's absolutely terrible down here in Washington. Hoping it clears up soon.
Photo

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

8/10/2017 1:57 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

I am in the same boat in salmon arm, can't even see the mountain tops through the smoke but I have limited time to bike so I ...more

Be careful. Did you get your new bike? What did you get?

|

8/10/2017 1:59 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

It's absolutely terrible down here in Washington. Hoping it clears up soon.
Photo

Yeah, it's low and blowing through the streets here too(well more like hanging there's no wind, which is part of the problem). My eyes are super itchy and swollen right now. Be careful riding in this shit you guys. It can't be good for you.

|

8/10/2017 6:40 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

I am in the same boat in salmon arm, can't even see the mountain tops through the smoke but I have limited time to bike so I ...more

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I am riding my friends for few more days and I am getting a Sunday scout not all 4130 but it's good for me

|

Ride till you die

8/10/2017 7:32 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Cam-bmx wrote:

I am riding my friends for few more days and I am getting a Sunday scout not all 4130 but it's good for me

Nice gratz on your Sunday

|

8/11/2017 9:35 AM

Cam-bmx wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Cam-bmx wrote:

Nice. I've heard that whatever type of hi-ten Sunday uses can take a serious beating. Hi-ten steel isn't necessarily bad. 4130 chromoly is a type of hi-ten steel. There are other kinds that are just as good but the problem is nobody ever tells you what they're using. The Scout looks like a nice bike.

|

8/11/2017 9:44 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Cam-bmx wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Nice. I've heard that whatever type of hi-ten Sunday uses can take a serious beating. Hi-ten steel isn't necessarily bad. 4130 ...more

Yeah I am planning to slowly rebuild it in time to look and feel like I exactly want, when it comes to tricks, I am just a beginner, so I don't do anything big yet anyways. But thanks for the input. On the topic of the post what does the sun look like again?

|

Ride till you die

8/11/2017 1:46 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Nice. I've heard that whatever type of hi-ten Sunday uses can take a serious beating. Hi-ten steel isn't necessarily bad. 4130 ...more

Cam-bmx wrote:

Yeah I am planning to slowly rebuild it in time to look and feel like I exactly want, when it comes to tricks, I am just a ...more

Ha!!! I can actually see it and some clouds that aren't smoke too!

|

8/11/2017 1:51 PM

Still can't see it here lol

|

Ride till you die

8/11/2017 3:39 PM

This was what it was like before the smoke came Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/11/2017 8:03 PM

I can actually see the mountains now too. Not well but not a wall for grey either.

|

8/11/2017 8:34 PM

Photo

I can see a silhouette of a mountain now.
|

Ride till you die