Fork I.D.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2019 8:36 AM

I have a older looking fork that is stamped with what looks to be JAINLIN. Anyone have any idea what these may have came on? Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

5/9/2019 10:58 AM

Not sure, but they're older forks for sure. Non-integrated race and those vertical dropouts is something not commonly seen today.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/9/2019 11:27 AM

I’m thinking early 90s possibly late 80s.
For $5 I couldn’t pass them up!

|

5/9/2019 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2019 4:21 PM

The race looks to not be intended for a cartridge type bearing. There appears to be a concave surface for the ball bearings themselves to ride on that race.

There was clearly a brake system mounted to them at one point too.

|

5/9/2019 6:32 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

The race looks to not be intended for a cartridge type bearing. There appears to be a concave surface for the ball bearings themselves to ride on that race.

There was clearly a brake system mounted to them at one point too.

That would be the inner diameter ring of an integrated bearing. Likely was stuck to the fork and the bearing blew apart when dismounting them. Happened to me the other day lol

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/12/2019 5:21 PM

Jianlin is a major chinese fabricator (auto parts, machined parts, bike parts, etc)

A 1" threaded fork with loose ball bearings and side pull caliper is 80's/90's department store bike. Maybe a 'vintage' Sears Free Spirit GT knock off!

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

5/12/2019 5:31 PM

Oldguyjon wrote:

Jianlin is a major chinese fabricator (auto parts, machined parts, bike parts, etc)

A 1" threaded fork with loose ball bearings and side pull caliper is 80's/90's department store bike. Maybe a 'vintage' Sears Free Spirit GT knock off!

Thanks for the info.

|