Fork Offset and Fork Choice...???

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2016 5:18 PM

Which fork offset am I supposed to pair up with a 75 HT angle...For street and park use....???

I understand that a bigger offset affords more stability and is better for speed transitions in ramps, bowls, trails.

BUT...since I am wanting to ride mostly street/park and wanting to do a lot of nose manuals...Which offset am I suppose to go for...???

Is something in the 26 - 30 mm offset good...???

|

8/26/2016 9:25 PM

I've owned a 32mm and I currently ride a 26mm. I noticed absolutely no change and I ride park and street.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

8/26/2016 11:48 PM

26mm goes over the bars faster, it's harder to stay balanced but easier to get there. Longer offset makes nose wheelies more effort to get into but easier to balance in my experience. I'm still getting used to them as my old 28mms were perfect

|

8/27/2016 8:11 AM

I've been tryna learn nose manuals for the past year and ride mostly street and park style stuff. I don't do trails or know a lot of air tricks but I can air quarters at least 5-6 feet. I got the shadow captive fork with adjustable offset so it has options of 32/30/28/26 mm offset.. I've tried them all and I like the 30 the best. I've found shorter offsets make nose wheelies, manuals and spins easier (shortens your wheelbase) but make me feel real nervous when airing cuz the front end is all over the place. Also when messing up a landing shorter offsets make it more difficult to control. I would definitely reccommend getting the shadow captive fork cuz then you can try at least 4 different classic offsets to find what you like without having to buy another fork. they're strong as fuck and fairly light.

|

8/27/2016 8:16 AM

Also for a heads up on nose manuals.. shorter offsets make nose wheelies easier to get into but they seem to hold longer with a longer offset. Jacob Cable and Churchill ride 32s Jason Watts rides 33s and I'd say their nose game is better than most. don't let ppl make you believe you need a short offset to learn/do nose wheelies well.

|

8/27/2016 9:54 AM

0 offset....YOLO

JK....I'm riding 13mm offset and its sweet

|

It’s all bmx

8/27/2016 10:58 AM

animal 15mm offset forks , 15mm really isnt crazy at all on a 75HT Photo

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

8/27/2016 12:02 PM

Odyssey R-Series... They come in 25 and 32 mm offsets. Although, I have to say I am interested in the shadow conspiracy fork. Does anyone know the warranty on it? Odysseys forks all come with lifetime warrenties.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

8/27/2016 1:15 PM

Im wanting to do a...BSD X CULT bike.

I think it will look BAD ASS !!!

I already have my frame and all other parts for the bike chosen in my head already.

Its the forks I am confused on because of varying offset choices.

The Cult Sect V3 fork is what I want. It has a 28mm offset.

Will 28 be fine on a 75 HT for a beginner doing mostly park and street stuff...???

|

8/28/2016 7:28 PM

CHEW BEAR wrote:

Im wanting to do a...BSD X CULT bike.

I think it will look BAD ASS !!!

I already have my frame and all other parts for the bike chosen in my head already.

Its the forks I am confused on because of varying offset choices.

The Cult Sect V3 fork is what I want. It has a 28mm offset.

Will 28 be fine on a 75 HT for a beginner doing mostly park and street stuff...???

It'll be great. Good offset and especially with the IC dropouts you'll be able to do whatever you want learning grinds and they'll hold out strong! Those forks are a great choice!

|

8/29/2016 6:14 PM

I recommend the odyssey r25 forks because they are solid and come with a lifetime warranty

|

8/30/2016 9:51 PM

Odyssey R25 forks are your best bet. Lifetime warranty and proven to withstand abuse.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191