Fork decision

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2011 12:05 PM

I need help picking forks from a riders point of view, I ride mostly park and dirt and I will be getting forks soon along with bars. I really like the supercross pro slt forks but I'm not sure how strong they are and I know the supercross team rides hard, I have also looked into fit shiv2's if you have any other good fork suggestion please let me know or tell me how strong are the supercrosses thanks.

|

4/30/2011 12:07 PM

odyssey classic dirt fork!

|

Refs : ninjacat33

4/30/2011 12:18 PM

S&M Pitchfork XLT
or is that is a bit hard on your wallet;
Primo Strands

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

4/30/2011 12:22 PM

S&M XLT-T - can't go wrong with s&m

Cult Sect - these forks look pretty awesome, and if ANYTHING happens to them robbo will hook it up with a new pair no questions asked, but i highly doubt anything would go wrong with these anyways

|

4/30/2011 2:28 PM

thanks guys I think I'm going to go with the pitchforks any good suggestion for bars 8.5 and up? Cuz I think I'm going to go with kink wolfs

|

4/30/2011 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2011 2:36 PM

Alan_Jackson wrote:

thanks guys I think I'm going to go with the pitchforks any good suggestion for bars 8.5 and up? Cuz I think I'm going to go with kink wolfs

pitchforks are weak trustt
go wit odyssy dirt forks strong as hell ( dirt forks are usually the bestt for the conditions ull be riding )
get the volume cougar bars

|

4/30/2011 2:42 PM

D Thompson wrote:

S&M XLT-T - can't go wrong with s&m

Cult Sect - these forks look pretty awesome, and if ANYTHING happens to them robbo will hook it up with a new pair no questions asked, but i highly doubt anything would go wrong with these anyways

This^
get cult forks

|

4/30/2011 2:51 PM

cult sects and fit skyhighs, gender issues but fuck it haha

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

4/30/2011 2:57 PM

Skavenger flat irons, amazing forks, will never break, look the shit and made by one of the coolest brands out. Either those or odyssey forks. And for bars get federal lacey's or federal Ty Highs.

|

4/30/2011 3:00 PM

I'm not sure about sky highs I've seen two bend really easy

|

4/30/2011 3:01 PM

Booshy wrote:

Skavenger flat irons, amazing forks, will never break, look the shit and made by one of the coolest brands out. Either those or odyssey forks. And for bars get federal lacey's or federal Ty Highs.

looked at the skavenger fork at my lbs last week and damn those dropouts are thick.

|

4/30/2011 3:15 PM

Do you guys know if the odyssey classic dirt forks are integrated or do I need a bearing race?

|

4/30/2011 3:26 PM

I run Fly Montanas, 8.75 and 29. 1.5 up, 12 back. Possibly the best feeling bars ever, they are sooo lush. i greatly recommend them. ive had them for about 6 months as well, and the guy i got them off had them for about 6 months before that.

|

4/30/2011 5:09 PM

Alan_Jackson wrote:

Do you guys know if the odyssey classic dirt forks are integrated or do I need a bearing race?

I own the Odyssey Classic Dirt's, you need a bearing race.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

4/30/2011 5:12 PM

PITCHFORKS

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

4/30/2011 5:34 PM

Mutiny Glamroid is a pretty good tall-bar

|

4/30/2011 5:41 PM

primo sasquash.

|

Refs : ninjacat33

4/30/2011 5:50 PM

If you have female front hub i'd get the Bluesix Bolo forks.
As for bars, can't go wrong with some Kink Humans.

|

4/30/2011 5:57 PM

Pitchforks or Fit Shiv II.

My Fit shiv's have been holding real well

|

4/30/2011 6:05 PM

Eclat Stream or Mutiny Wand fork with Kink Wolf bars.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

4/30/2011 6:07 PM

D Thompson wrote:

S&M XLT-T - can't go wrong with s&m

Cult Sect - these forks look pretty awesome, and if ANYTHING happens to them robbo will hook it up with a new pair no questions asked, but i highly doubt anything would go wrong with these anyways

CARL wrote:

This^
get cult forks

The Cult Sect fork is amazing.. I got mine because I liked how they looked and needed the warranty (b/c I'm a big guy).. I thought the 28mm offset would feel weird with the 75 degree ht angle.. but I got used to it in no time.. and it felt magnificent!!!

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

4/30/2011 6:18 PM

It's between pitchforks and classic dirts now and I still want the kink wolfs I'm leaning toward the pitchforks cuz I don't need the bearing race

|

4/30/2011 6:20 PM

D Thompson wrote:

S&M XLT-T - can't go wrong with s&m

Cult Sect - these forks look pretty awesome, and if ANYTHING happens to them robbo will hook it up with a new pair no questions asked, but i highly doubt anything would go wrong with these anyways

CARL wrote:

This^
get cult forks

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

The Cult Sect fork is amazing.. I got mine because I liked how they looked and needed the warranty (b/c I'm a big guy).. I thought the 28mm offset would feel weird with the 75 degree ht angle.. but I got used to it in no time.. and it felt magnificent!!!

Since you said your a bigger guy how are they holding up and what do you ride most?

|

4/30/2011 6:46 PM

Alan_Jackson wrote:

Since you said your a bigger guy how are they holding up and what do you ride most?

Street, all street.. I've had them for a several months and they're holding up great.. landing on them feels way more solid than on my previous stock forks that had something like a 32mm off set..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

4/30/2011 7:09 PM

Yeah I'm not sure I want that steep of an offset:28

|

4/30/2011 8:28 PM

Alan_Jackson wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure I want that steep of an offset:28

Yeah.. always consider the rest of your geo also.. my frame has a 21.25tt.. so the wheelbase works with such an offset.. with a shorter frame, I'd go with 30mm or more offset..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

4/30/2011 8:52 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

If you have female front hub i'd get the Bluesix Bolo forks.
As for bars, can't go wrong with some Kink Humans.

|

4/30/2011 8:55 PM

Whip wrote:

primo sasquash.

the samsquach bars bars are awesome! they feel amazing! and i dont even like big bars! plus the tapered cross bar gets a lot of comments. i run primo strands and i love them! but i know fersure the odysy classics will NEVER break the dropout is subject to bending if you have a cheap axle so if its not female get directors. beasty dropouts!

|

no brakes no brains no problem

4/30/2011 9:37 PM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

Yeah.. always consider the rest of your geo also.. my frame has a 21.25tt.. so the wheelbase works with such an offset.. with a shorter frame, I'd go with 30mm or more offset..

Yeah I would also have to look at my headtube geo but do you think They would go well with female hub cuz that's my next step...new front wheel

|

4/30/2011 10:26 PM

Whip wrote:

odyssey classic dirt fork!

THIS THIS THIS

|

NEXT bikes all god damn day