Fork offset help.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2014 11:04 AM

The other day i snapped my fork going down a stair set. I need a new one and im not trying to spend a lot of money of this part. I have a 75.5 degree head tube angle and i ride street 99.9% of the time. What would be a good fork offset for that head tube angle?

|

(:

5/11/2014 11:20 AM

Well it depends on your style. If you like gaps and shit 32 offset. If you like nose manuals and shit 25 offset

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/11/2014 11:22 AM

Get a 32mm offset because your Ht angle is already steep.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/11/2014 11:24 AM

I've got a 75 ht angle and I'm trying out 13 mm offset .....should be a noticeable change from 36 degrees ......I like to make drastic changes to my bikes once in a while and force myself to adapt..... That bike should be finished soon

|

5/11/2014 11:27 AM

If you liked the way your previous ones felt, go 32mm (im assuming theyre 32 since thats standard offset.)

If you dont mind your front end being slightly twitchier and being able to do nose tricks easier, go 25mm(ish.)

I run 25x75.5 and love it!

I would recommend Odyssey R25/32, Sunday Octave. I would also try And 23/33, Primo Pro, Shadow Inceptive, Subrosa Battle, WTP Patron 25, etc.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/11/2014 11:43 AM

Them cult ic look good aswell. Tbh, there are a lot of very good forks on the market right now, and plenty with lifetime warrenty (ody, Sunday, wtp that I 100% know they do)

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/11/2014 12:27 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Well it depends on your style. If you like gaps and shit 32 offset. If you like nose manuals and shit 25 offset

gaps, grinds, stairs, and that kinda shit, but i like spins alot too. I rarely ever do any kind of nose trick other than a hang five. The one im looking at is a 35 offset. Would that be fine or naw?

|

(:

5/11/2014 1:56 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Get a 32mm offset because your Ht angle is already steep.

I have 75.5 ht and 25mm offset. Feels good to me, 27 might feel better.

Id get the cult ic is 28mm offset, life time warranty, and looks beefy.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/11/2014 3:16 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

xkevinxm wrote:

gaps, grinds, stairs, and that kinda shit, but i like spins alot too. I rarely ever do any kind of nose trick other than a ...more

35 sounds fine for what you do, all a lower offset like 25 does is makes it get easier into nose tricks, and if you don't do many then you'll apreciate the added stability when goin for high speed gaps and what not with a higher offset like 35

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/11/2014 7:01 PM

Hey, I was looking for new forks but the ones I want have a 30mm offset and right now I am running a 32mm offset. Will I really even notice the 2mm difference?

|

5/11/2014 7:05 PM

ajohn15 wrote:

Hey, I was looking for new forks but the ones I want have a 30mm offset and right now I am running a 32mm offset. Will I ...more

No. You might even like it more.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/11/2014 7:19 PM

I would highly reccomend the primo pro forks, 26mm offset and they feature a 6mm investment cast dropout. 6 BLOODY MM and your usual frame dropouts will have a 5mm dropout.
I'm going to be getting them, you should too

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/11/2014 7:29 PM

Alright, so the ones im looking at are a 35, 30, or a 28 offset. which one should i get? Does a lower offset only help nose tricks or would you be able to carve and spin a little better too?

|

(:

5/11/2014 7:29 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

I would highly reccomend the primo pro forks, 26mm offset and they feature a 6mm investment cast dropout. 6 BLOODY MM and your ...more

Postweld heat treated too. I really like um. If they came with brake mounts I would already own a pair!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/12/2014 12:36 AM

I'm confused, everywhere says there investment dropout, but the drop out is clearly welded on like most? this

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/12/2014 1:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2014 1:22 AM

I'd go with the cult sect, the 28mm offset is good for all street styles, I've got em and they're solid. 28 is a nice Inbetween offset compared to the 25-32, and yeah I've noticed my spins are a little easier with a shorter offset.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/12/2014 1:21 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

I'm confused, everywhere says there investment dropout, but the drop out is clearly welded on like most? this

They are the sect v2 right?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/12/2014 1:48 AM

no, the primo pros which are meant to be investment cast dropouts

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/12/2014 8:04 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Investment Casting is a form of moulding, so although a lot of companies use it to join dropouts etc on the forks/frames, it doesn't mean that an investment cast part is never welded on. The dropout itself may be investment casted instead of laser cut(?).

|

5/12/2014 8:40 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Investment Casting is a form of moulding, so although a lot of companies use it to join dropouts etc on the forks/frames, it ...more

Yeah I know, but just seems a weird thing to do, as I thought people used to on dropout to move the weld away from the drop out (like on a fork, further up the leg) so its away from where the stress is at. Sure just ic drop outs and not the bit on the leg aswell seems like its just puttin the price up/somethin to put in the specs.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/12/2014 9:12 AM

I will suggest this only one time.

DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON MAIN PARTS LIKE FRAMES FORKS AND BARS.

You can usually get away with some cheaper stuff like sprockets, grips stems etc, but the MAIN PARTS you should NEVER cheap out on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura