Forks to Bars angle??

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2016 8:48 AM

Hi all,

From experience, what the pros/cos of the angle between forks and bars?
If its straight? if bars are forward or closer to the body?

Thanks

|

3/5/2016 2:18 PM

If they're forward it makes the front end more responsive and should make nose manuals etc a bit easier. But it looks/feels shit for everything else, so put it in line with your forks. You can angle them forward just a touch but definitely less than vertical. If you want your bars angled forward to give you more room your frame's too short

|

3/5/2016 2:50 PM

I just ride them in line with the forks. Feels fine.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/5/2016 3:39 PM

Ride mine on the same angle as the forks and it was nice , but I moved them forward a tad and it feels 3x better now that I switched it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/6/2016 2:08 AM

Thanks all!
I think ill start with in line as indeed forward wasnt my thing

|

3/7/2016 12:13 PM

I did forward when I started, and then went to in line with the fork for over a decade, and now I am slightly forward again (front brakes and a shorter frame).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/7/2016 12:24 PM

I ride with my bars slightly forward compared to the fork and it feels ok, it all about what feels comfortable to you.

Charlie Crumlish rides with his bars super forward and he seems to be riding pretty well with them like that.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/3/2019 3:15 PM

Pretty new to bmx 5'11 ride a 21 tt
At 75 hdtb angle I never rode my bars that close i always liked em like 80-85 degree tilt not 90 thats weird feeling [img]
[/img]

|

1/3/2019 3:21 PM

Holy hell what the fuck dude. Stop bumping these old threads. Just ride your fucking bike. I dont care if you ride your bars backwards. Just rode your fucking bike

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/3/2019 3:25 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Holy hell what the fuck dude. Stop bumping these old threads. Just ride your fucking bike. I dont care if you ride your bars backwards. Just rode your fucking bike

its an open forum just lending an opinion
I will "rode"" my bike dont wrry bud

|

1/3/2019 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2019 3:30 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Notrickfix wrote:

its an open forum just lending an opinion
I will "rode"" my bike dont wrry bud

I'm sure they were still sitting around "wrry"ing about this and awaiting your invaluable reply, after almost 3 years...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/3/2019 3:44 PM

When we basically have two of the same threads

and they're both old threads

|

1/3/2019 3:48 PM

Notrickfix wrote:

Pretty new to bmx 5'11 ride a 21 tt
At 75 hdtb angle I never rode my bars that close i always liked em like 80-85 degree tilt not 90 thats weird feeling [img]
[/img]

if you have to move your bars forward your frame is too small for you. get something with longer TT and steeper HT angle. end of story.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

1/3/2019 4:01 PM

As long as bmx is around this is still relevant info for someone interested

Id say bars pitched back feels like u have less space to pull front up so its makes ur bike feel smaller. Twitchier
pitched forward it gives u more room, and makes it feel like i can lean back and really control leverage on the pull up.
First part of a good hop.

Steering wise the forward bars feel like smaller movements do less to ur direction.

Some want to feel cramped and others plenty spaced out.

|

1/3/2019 10:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2019 10:33 PM

Notrickfix wrote:

Id say bars pitched back feels like u have less space to pull front up so its makes ur bike feel smaller. Twitchier
pitched forward it gives u more room, and makes it feel like i can lean back and really control leverage on the pull up.

Steering wise the forward bars feel like smaller movements do less to ur direction.

I've found the same, that farther forward feels less snappy when steering. I feel more comfortable and confident doing stuff when they're forward and like my hops click better and are easier to time. When my bars I back it feels like the front end is always running away. Just my preference on the subject. I'm sure some of the things that I hate are what some others love so try both and find what feels good for you and your needs.

|

1/3/2019 11:33 PM

No way in hell are you tall enough for the bars to be that far forward on a 21 TT frame

|

1/4/2019 8:03 AM

Notrickfix wrote:

Less than a year old account, 5 posts, and is an authority on how Vital thread etiquette works.

|

1/4/2019 8:19 AM

I wish motherfuckers would learn how to properly format a post.

None of this
random hard return shit.

And then random caps for no reason.
Weird

It sort of makes it hard to read

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/13/2019 6:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 6:09 AM

I've always ridden with the bars just a shade forward of parallel with the forks, mostly for comfort but also because it just feels a little more responsive; don't quote me on the science behind it, just trial and error, though I'm sure people here can give you the engineering/physics behind it. Way back in the 90's I chicago'd the fuck out of my bars for a little while but that was ancient history!

|

1/13/2019 6:15 AM

This thread was ancient history.

|

1/13/2019 6:33 AM

jbales wrote:

This thread was ancient history.

...and JPC(160251) really doesn't like it...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/13/2019 7:08 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

...and JPC(160251) really doesn't like it...

Lol!

|