Forward foot blues

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2017 9:33 AM

The quest: being able to ride forever.

The reality: things start to hurt

Specifically I get problems in the knee of the leg that I ride forward on the pedals. Hurts like the dickens and the muscles of said leg are also vastly tighter that my rear-pedal leg.

What to do: ride switch/brace up/ stop riding street/anybody else got one bad leg and is it your forward leg?

|

9/11/2017 10:28 AM

I would just stretch it and get one of those roler things to use on your leg.

|

9/11/2017 11:31 AM

Will_Foxhall wrote:

Yep no doubt I do all that and it works to some degree.

I'm mostly wondering if other rides have this experience in common with the front leg blowing up.

Cheers

|

9/11/2017 12:32 PM

Will_Foxhall wrote:

Pete Kostin wrote:

I'm mostly wondering if other rides have this experience in common ...more

Do you feel it is from pedaling or jumping? If it is from pedaling, it could be your foot is not positioned right when making a full crank rotation, putting a strain on your knee area.

|

9/11/2017 12:42 PM

I've got cartilage and ligament damage in both knees. My left is worse, which is my back leg. It particularly hurts during long manuals. The only thing I've really found that helps is riding regularly. That keeps the muscles exercised, and loosens everything up. However, I have hip problems too. And thought about trying shorter cranks to see if it makes a difference. But, I'm actually getting longer cranks in a trade because the deal was too good to pass on......

|

9/11/2017 1:48 PM

Will_Foxhall wrote:

Pete Kostin wrote:

I'm mostly wondering if other rides have this experience in common ...more

Wayne S wrote:

Do you feel it is from pedaling or jumping? If it is from pedaling, it could be your foot is not positioned right when making ...more

Honestly my meniscus area gets a bit sore after street riding. I think it is from landing from big bunnyhops. However, I can say that my knee cap also cracks with I'm shimmying around in a long manual.

My problems aren't too terrible yet, but I can foresee this being a long term issue if I can't get to the bottom of it. A full body stretch the next day usually causes my symptoms to disappear until the next street sesh.

I am going to try shoes with a little more cushion to start off with. Maybe a cupsole.

|

9/11/2017 3:35 PM

My rear foot always hurts more personally...probably due to theknee surgery. Im sure ill have right leg problems soon after my right foot has surgery...lol

|