Found a nice place for trails [818/805]

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2013 10:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2013 10:03 PM

Anyone in the Socal 818/805 area? found a huge lot next to a creek that is sadly dry atm but will be filled in late october probably.

good thing is that they create a fire line before the houses and they till that dirt so i got unlimited loose dirt that i can fill a wheel barrow with without having to dig.

just started today will post my progress as i go.

Photo

Photo

|

9/25/2013 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2013 3:25 PM

Man I wish I lived near that area......

Won't you get a ticket for trespassing though?

|

9/25/2013 3:46 PM

looks good downhill slopes rule

|

9/25/2013 5:24 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Man I wish I lived near that area......

Won't you get a ticket for trespassing though?

It's public land

|

9/25/2013 5:25 PM

So far so good . I'm getting a wheel barrow tommorrow Photo

|

9/25/2013 5:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2013 4:06 PM

|

9/25/2013 5:40 PM

You know of any beginner trails? Riding trails seems pretty interesting and I wouldn't mind giving them a try cheerful

|

9/25/2013 5:50 PM

I'm building some new ones in Fairmont, WV on an abandoned BMX track. Talk about a sweet location!

Good luck with yours! Hopefully you aren't doing it alone because that gets old FAST!

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

9/25/2013 9:40 PM

motogrizz wrote:

I'm building some new ones in Fairmont, WV on an abandoned BMX track. Talk about a sweet location!

Good luck with yours! Hopefully you aren't doing it alone because that gets old FAST!

it's a solo project . but i have a friend that might start to help me! i know tho. it gets really boring if you do it alone haha

|

9/25/2013 9:42 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

You know of any beginner trails? Riding trails seems pretty interesting and I wouldn't mind giving them a try cheerful

not in L.A. ask around. people will know. build your own if you cant find any.

|

9/25/2013 10:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2013 10:14 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

I have no idea how Sheep Hills is these days, but in the 90's that was the go to spot for trails. So much gnarly footage came from there back then. It's on the border of Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach. Not sure if that's far for you. Not sure if there's any beginner stuff there either, but I'm sure there'd be a few things.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/26/2013 6:00 AM

Aav1996 wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

I have no idea how Sheep Hills is these days, but in the 90's that was the go to spot for trails. So much gnarly footage came from there back then. It's on the border of Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach. Not sure if that's far for you. Not sure if there's any beginner stuff there either, but I'm sure there'd be a few things.

sheep hills is killer right now! they just had a jam.. and ryan guettler is always there building it up! id go there just to meet all the pros!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

9/26/2013 9:30 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

sheep hills is killer right now! they just had a jam.. and ryan guettler is always there building it up! id go there just to meet all the pros!

Right on man, I'm glad to hear that place is still kicking!

|

Winter is over-rated

9/26/2013 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2013 11:55 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

What is this sheep hills you speak of..... I wouldn't mind taking public transportation to get some trail riding in. Are these sheep hills too big for a beginner trail rider?

How would I get in to sheep hills....should I bring a shovel?

|

9/26/2013 2:02 PM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/26/2013 2:12 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

What is this sheep hills you speak of..... I wouldn't mind taking public transportation to get some trail riding in. Are these sheep hills too big for a beginner trail rider?

http://m.vitalbmx.com/videos/features/Power-Hour-Ryan-Guettler,38970/rwg2008,2412
|

Winter is over-rated

9/26/2013 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2013 5:58 PM

[img]

Power Hour: Ryan Guettler at Sheep Hills - More BMX Videos

[/img]

Apologies about the redundant posting, I was on my phone earlier and wasn't able to embed the video.
|

Winter is over-rated

9/26/2013 5:58 PM

isnt that black dirt? from my experience it dosnt pack worth shit

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

9/26/2013 7:32 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

If you youtube sheep hills you will see a bunch of stuff... truthfully you might want to try and add ryan guettler on facebook and ask him.. hes pretty good about adding people on there... its big stuff as far as i know... and if you go you will prob have to be willing to dig.. But it would be worth it...
|

Deviant BMX store

9/26/2013 8:19 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

If you youtube sheep hills you will see a bunch of stuff... truthfully you might want to try and add ryan guettler on facebook and ask him.. hes pretty good about adding people on there... its big stuff as far as i know... and if you go you will prob have to be willing to dig.. But it would be worth it...

Would it be fair to say I'm a bit intimidated about going to sheep hills.....? unsure I'll make a facebook and try to get in contact with Ryan to see if he can help me out. Was thinking about finding some way to email him earlier today. Thanks for the advice cheerful

|

9/26/2013 8:23 PM

These little groms are riding out there, so I'm sure you'd be fine.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Winter is over-rated

9/26/2013 8:26 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Would it be fair to say I'm a bit intimidated about going to sheep hills.....? unsure I'll make a facebook and try to get in contact with Ryan to see if he can help me out. Was thinking about finding some way to email him earlier today. Thanks for the advice cheerful

haha i would be too mate.. but it looks like tha=ey do have some small stuff that i did not see so youll be fine! Its not like anybody is gonna flip if you just go out there and chill out... ive noticed most REAL bikers are chill.. its those little assholes on mongooses (insert other cheap brand here) you have to look out for...

|

Deviant BMX store

9/26/2013 8:27 PM

Anyone know a way I can contact Ryan Guettler? or someone who frequents sheep hills often? I read somewhere it gets flooded around there and that bums come out of the woods blink It would be one hell of a trip to go all the way to OC especially with shovels and all.... Want to be sure I'll be able to ride if I go.

|

9/26/2013 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2013 8:33 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Anyone know a way I can contact Ryan Guettler? or someone who frequents sheep hills often? I read somewhere it gets flooded around there and that bums come out of the woods blink It would be one hell of a trip to go all the way to OC especially with shovels and all.... Want to be sure I'll be able to ride if I go.

sheep is maintained by Huntington Beach. Not sure what you mean by "able to ride"

It is always hitting. Let me know, love to hook up fer some flow

|

United0Cult0

9/26/2013 8:37 PM

tremelo wrote:

sheep is maintained by Huntington Beach. Not sure what you mean by "able to ride"

It is always hitting. Let me know, love to hook up fer some flow

You been there before? I just don't want to go over there and once I get there find out there are no jumps or something like that... I think it's obvious by now I've never ridden dirt and beginners always ask retarded questions =P

I just want to see the possibilities of me being able to go. I don't mind taking the train all the way over there and finding my way over there hell I don't mind digging either =)

|

9/26/2013 8:47 PM

oh. OK

Ya, I used to live about 4 blocks from there. It was the 1st City maintained trail system (2nd being Greenlake, Seattle)

Huntington Beach has deemed it a historical monument. Those fucking things ain't going no wheres. I wish the same could be said for marina hills, holy fuck those jumps were monumental for dirt jumping. My first toilet bowl, SO epic

|

United0Cult0

9/26/2013 8:48 PM

with that said, don't just go cruising there & set shovel to dirt. It's all political & shit. Plenty of jumps there, existing, to explore

|

United0Cult0

9/26/2013 8:53 PM

tremelo wrote:

with that said, don't just go cruising there & set shovel to dirt. It's all political & shit. Plenty of jumps there, existing, to explore

so you can't just start building stuff up? Only maintain jumps that are currently there? You know where the entrance is located at O_o? I'll probably ask my dad to take me up there one of these weeks.

|

9/26/2013 9:01 PM

wow, you were not kidding.

Park at the Mobil on Victoria Street next to Carl's. Cross back over the Santa Ana river & take the bike trail about 100 hundred yards back towards the beach. You can't miss 'em from there. HMU at downbeetz@gmail.com if you think this is confusing. I'll have some peepz (or myself) meet you

you shouldn't even maintain jumps without knowing some people

|

United0Cult0

9/26/2013 9:06 PM

tremelo wrote:

wow, you were not kidding.

Park at the Mobil on Victoria Street next to Carl's. Cross back over the Santa Ana river & take the bike trail about 100 hundred yards back towards the beach. You can't miss 'em from there. HMU at downbeetz@gmail.com if you think this is confusing. I'll have some peepz (or myself) meet you

you shouldn't even maintain jumps without knowing some people

I believe I got it =) Thanks for answering my questions, I'll check em out one of these upcoming weeks

Cheers!

And..... I rarely kid wink hehe

|