Fractured elbow..

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2016 9:03 PM

So yeah, I hit a 5 set rail today with a huge drop at the end and nose dived off and basically almost faceplanted. I ended up going under the bike and somehow landing mostly onto my left elbow. I have a small gash, but my elbow does not feel right. I can't bend it completely inward without it hurting like a bitch. I'm scheduling for a checkup tomorrow. I've never broken or fractured anything, and this first experience is some hell of pain. I didn't even bother to take painkillers (cause I'm a man >;D). After today, I hate pegs with a passion and grinding steep crap like this has always scared me to death. I hesitate like 10+ times every time I see that rail, and today was like the 5th or 6th time I've ever hit it. I hate falling over the bars cause 90% of the time, I've never ever prepared. And hopping off the rail midway also scares the hell out of me, in fear of twisting my ankle or some crap. Experiences, anyone?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/20/2016 9:11 PM

playing tag
tried to run down stairs
destroyed ankle
roll down stairs
fuck stairs

|

4/20/2016 9:27 PM

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/20/2016 9:36 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

Looks like me tomorrow..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

4/20/2016 9:41 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Looks like me tomorrow..

i didnt go to the hospital until april 1st and i did it march 5th didnt think it was broken just hurt like hell. the first day i went to work after breaking it was the day i realized i fucked up. went to hospital and theyre like yea its broken

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/20/2016 9:44 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

i didnt go to the hospital until april 1st and i did it march 5th didnt think it was broken just hurt like hell. the first day i went to work after breaking it was the day i realized i fucked up. went to hospital and theyre like yea its broken

Damn, I can't even believe you left it for that long. I usually never fracture or hurt anything to where it feels "weird" for a prolonged time, so this is like a new thing for me. My elbow literally does not feel right somehow. And this is speaking from me, where I usually fall and smash my elbow plenty of times.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

4/20/2016 9:54 PM

Haven't broken anything yet but I imagine you can tell haha . And ya rails fuck with me so much , I can hit ledges with a lot more confidence but trying to hit a smaller rail gets me more spooked then a tall ledge

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/20/2016 10:31 PM

If it feels weird and you're worried about it, you should get it checked out.

I usually go the opposite route and just wait a few days to see how it feels before opting to do so but that's just me. I've had several bad bruises/contusions that made things feel weird or broken and after a few days of rest, they felt better.

Only thing recently I can think of I forced myself to go get checked out was my knee which I'd previously torn my ACL in, and that's the only reason why. I was scared I tore something again cause my whole knee felt tight and not right, and the way I landed was funny and bent my knee in a way that if I didn't catch myself, I probably would have torn it again. Other than that I'm usually stubborn and just let it resolve itself unless something's very obviously not right haha

Ice it and keep it elevated for the time being though.

|

4/21/2016 3:03 AM

I've never broken a bone, but all my joints are a mess. Ligament and cartilage damage in both knees, hips are a mess, bad back and trapped nerves etc.

Hope you heal up soon buddy

|

4/21/2016 6:45 AM

I destroyed my ACL in my left knee two years ago.
Was trying to halfcab a set and the floor was wet so I ended up slipping during the spin and landed with all of my weight on my leg bending it sideways.

The funny thing is I had it the first try but it wasn't on film so I had to do it again, now I got the crash on film from two angles.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/21/2016 7:05 AM

About 25 years ago I had all of the bone-age shattered in my right elbow by a slap shot while playing goalie. The guy had played for the Hatford Whalers, and college at North Dakota for a while, so it was not an "adult league" slap shot. It happened during warm-ups. Whole arm went numb and the whole area was all crunchy. Played the game. Afterwards, just iced it down. Never went to the doctor or anything (didn't have health ins). Took about a year for the pain to go away. Now it is fine, but sort of "lumpy"....

not saying that you shouldn't see a doctor...I probably should have, but didn't have a choice back then...but the body can heal itself pretty well...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/21/2016 9:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 9:13 AM

I broke my elbow and I find it hard to believe If you have the same injury as me that you can post on vital

I had 3 months off the bike, that was 10 years ago and it still bothers me now while riding.

PS. Brake lever stuck in my belt loop whilst turndowning a box, crunch!

Just get it checked, you never know.

|

4/21/2016 11:33 AM

Get it looked at.

Ice, elevation, and take some ibuprofen/Acetomenophin for inflammation/swelling and to dull the pain down. Anyone who says they don't take the occasional pain med "because they are manly" is just stupid and stubborn. Why sit and suffer when you could dull the pain to a tolerable level and be more comfortable? And by no means does that mean eat the stuff like candy, but "being too manly" is a stupid reason.

A truly "manly" person takes care of himself, regardless. That includes going to the doctor for things that might be embarrassing. Had I not gone to the Dr. back in 07 for something embarrassing, I wouldn't have a left nut and possibly wouldn't have a son.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/21/2016 8:36 PM

I'm turning 18, yet I still feel young. And you know how males at my age can be when there is a lack of hand function... >;D

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

4/22/2016 1:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2016 1:58 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'm turning 18, yet I still feel young. And you know how males at my age can be when there is a lack of hand function... >;D

18 is young.

Then you do the stranger or switch it up.

Or go without?

Life is not just about yanking it like a monkey in a mango tree.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/22/2016 1:56 PM

That sounds painful as fuck , hope the healing process goes smooth

|

4/24/2016 8:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2016 8:21 PM

eskimojay wrote:

That sounds painful as fuck , hope the healing process goes smooth

Took a 600mg ibuprofen pill a day after, and 3 days later now and I'm easing it back into riding. YES More like rushing myself into it and aggravating my injuries, but I never learn my lessons with injuries. I also have a habit of picking at scabs too... Hate doing it, but I can't stand it.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update