Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2013 2:49 AM

Hi
I ride a sunday complete frame (sunday aaron ross am)with 20.5 TT and im 177cm tall 15 years old
i think of buying a new frame do you think that i should keep it 20.5 or buy a longer/shorter one?

|

12/26/2013 8:17 AM

Just go with a 20.75tt, you might still grow alittle and it'll have more room for you

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/26/2013 8:39 AM

Go 21 inch youl grow Into it

|

12/26/2013 8:43 AM

I'm 178cm and ride 20.75"

|

12/26/2013 9:28 AM

doesnt the longer frame make tricks harder? (especally manuals and 180s/360s)
i once met a guy who went from 20.5 to 20 and he felt it better :O

|

12/27/2013 3:10 AM

cmon guys i need more opinions!

|

12/27/2013 11:12 AM

I'm just about the same height and I run a 21' TT and 8.65' bars. I like having more room and spinning was the same for me.

|

12/27/2013 11:29 AM

ajohn15 wrote:

I'm just about the same height and I run a 21' TT and 8.65' bars. I like having more room and spinning was the same for me.

well yes i have heard that exactly this "more room" makes barspins easier however the spinning and manuals harder :/
thats what bothers me

|

12/27/2013 11:32 AM

get a 20" frame

|

fack off

12/27/2013 12:45 PM

I went straight from 20'' to 21'' and spinning wasn't really all that different and I have always sucked at manuals. I've had people tell me that manuals are easier on my bike but I don't think it had anything to do with the top tube. My frame also has a 13.25 - 13 rear end and that probably matters the most.

|

12/29/2013 12:52 PM

For your height, I would recommend a 20.75" Top Tube frame.

There are other factors to consider though when you are looking at new frames. If you want to get a frame that will be more responsive, and pull up in to manuals easier, take a look at a frame with a shorter back end (chainstays). Generally, I would say a back end of 13.3" or less is going to be on the more responsive side.

Some frames that I can think of with shorter back ends include:

S&M BTM, Fit Wifi, Fit Benny, Fit MotoMike, Fit Mac, United Dinero, United Mothership, etc.

When you get really short chainstays, your bike will feel super snappy, but you lose some balance that comes from a longer back end that comes in handy if you have a big air, flowy style, or like to ride trails and stuff like that.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

12/29/2013 3:02 PM

transition_chris wrote:

For your height, I would recommend a 20.75" Top Tube frame.

There are other factors to consider though when you are looking at new frames. If you want to get a frame that will be more responsive, and pull up in to manuals easier, take a look at a frame with a shorter back end (chainstays). Generally, I would say a back end of 13.3" or less is going to be on the more responsive side.

Some frames that I can think of with shorter back ends include:

S&M BTM, Fit Wifi, Fit Benny, Fit MotoMike, Fit Mac, United Dinero, United Mothership, etc.

When you get really short chainstays, your bike will feel super snappy, but you lose some balance that comes from a longer back end that comes in handy if you have a big air, flowy style, or like to ride trails and stuff like that.

Exactly this 100%.


Go with a 20.75 - 20.85 toptube

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/30/2013 3:58 AM

transition_chris wrote:

For your height, I would recommend a 20.75" Top Tube frame.

There are other factors to consider though when you are looking at new frames. If you want to get a frame that will be more responsive, and pull up in to manuals easier, take a look at a frame with a shorter back end (chainstays). Generally, I would say a back end of 13.3" or less is going to be on the more responsive side.

Some frames that I can think of with shorter back ends include:

S&M BTM, Fit Wifi, Fit Benny, Fit MotoMike, Fit Mac, United Dinero, United Mothership, etc.

When you get really short chainstays, your bike will feel super snappy, but you lose some balance that comes from a longer back end that comes in handy if you have a big air, flowy style, or like to ride trails and stuff like that.

Thanks!
I dont go to the trails I ride mainly street a sometimes I go to the skatepark

and one more question are the manuals and bunnyhops easier with shorter or taller bars? because i also think of changing my 8.7 Sunday Tall-T bars to a 8.25 Primo Tallboys

|

12/30/2013 9:10 PM

kisame2660 wrote:

Thanks!
I dont go to the trails I ride mainly street a sometimes I go to the skatepark

and one more question are the manuals and bunnyhops easier with shorter or taller bars? because i also think of changing my 8.7 Sunday Tall-T bars to a 8.25 Primo Tallboys

If you're going to switch your frame, I would do that first. Ride it for a bit, and then decide if you want to switch your bars because the new frame is going to feel way different.

I don't think there's any right or wrong answer when it comes to bar height, it's a personal choice. If you feel like your bars should be higher, go for it. I don't think bigger bars make hopping higher easier, I mean guys were hopping just as high back in the day when bars were super tiny.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx