Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2017 12:48 PM

A 21.25 to and 12.5-13 back end??? The only frame Ik that matches that is the cult 2 short frame but nothing else anyone know of any? That's the specs that do me by the way

|

2/15/2017 12:48 PM

21.25 top tube^*

|

2/15/2017 1:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2017 1:25 PM

Fiend Morrow V3, 21.25 TT with a 13 CS is the only one I can think of. The BSD ALVX comes in a 21 TT and a 12.5 CS.

Why such a strange set of dimensions? How tall are you? I highly doubt you need that long of a toptube and it negates a lot of the benefits of a shorter back end.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/15/2017 1:27 PM

I think the BSD Alex might be pretty close at a 12.8 -13.2 CS . Not sure about the top tube . Also , Strangers Adam LZ frame has a 12 - point - something chainstay slammed .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/15/2017 3:30 PM

If you're tall enough for a 21.25tt, a chainstay that short will feel really unstable.
Maybe the fbm hardway v2? Can't remember what tt sizes it comes in. Or you could go custom.

|

2/15/2017 4:16 PM

i'm ~6'4" and run a 21.5 TT with a 13.125 CS. it's a BTM. but i was just chiming in to say that i run a weirdly proportioned from and i love the short backend. i wouldn't want shorter but i don't think it would be a big deal if it was a link or two shorter

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

2/15/2017 4:20 PM

So I I'm 5"11 ride my bars pretty close like dan kruk, I have a 21 tt right now and 9 inch rise bars with a toploads. I've tried everything from a smaller frame to a front load with bigger bars to smaller bars and a top load. I have the first garret Reynolds frame now and even with my bars forward it feels really small and I feel cramped so the only thing I haven't tried was a longer top tube which me and some buddy of mine from the daily grind crew has talked about. And I ride my bars pretty forward I slip them a lot so if I get a longer top tube my bars will be further away right so sense the they will be farther away I can align my bars with my forks will hopefully prevent them from slipping more easier. So to the back end now.... the garret is a 13 something slammed I'm pretty sure so when I hop I feel really close to my bars in the front and the back end seems long so a short back end and a long front would fit me. Sense I ride pretty forward and the back end feels long and is kinda long for the frame. Getting a long front to prevent the stem from slipping and I wouldn't feel as cramped and a short back end to make me feel comfortable on my bike and it not as long. I don't really feel good and stuff on my bike ever no matter the parts I change. I was going to try a frame,

|

2/15/2017 4:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2017 4:42 PM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

So I I'm 5"11 ride my bars pretty close like dan kruk, I have a 21 tt right now and 9 inch rise bars with a toploads. I've ...more

If the stem's slipping, make sure you have some form of grease on the bolts and just crank them down in an x pattern ensuring the gap is the same on top and bottom.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/15/2017 5:54 PM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

So I I'm 5"11 ride my bars pretty close like dan kruk, I have a 21 tt right now and 9 inch rise bars with a toploads. I've ...more

p1p1092 wrote:

If the stem's slipping, make sure you have some form of grease on the bolts and just crank them down in an x pattern ensuring ...more

I've tried that I think the way I'm positioned on my bike makes them slip. I bought many of tops and fronts slipped all I bought the fly Trebol stem I think that has a anti slip system and still managed to slip it and everyone says it's because my bars are to forward which sucks cause I feel cramped even when they that forward when I put them back boy does my bike feel like a 16 inch

|

2/15/2017 6:34 PM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

If the stem's slipping, make sure you have some form of grease on the bolts and just crank them down in an x pattern ensuring ...more

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

I've tried that I think the way I'm positioned on my bike makes them slip. I bought many of tops and fronts slipped all I ...more

I know a few people running bars in a similar position to what you describe and I've never seen them have a problem. Unless your bars are like, 45 degrees to the ground, I can't see any reason they might slip. It sounds like either the knurl on the bars is damaged, you're not tightening enough or there's something between the clamping area and the knurl. Check and clean the knurl, clean the clamping area and tighten it down.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/15/2017 7:17 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

I've tried that I think the way I'm positioned on my bike makes them slip. I bought many of tops and fronts slipped all I ...more

p1p1092 wrote:

I know a few people running bars in a similar position to what you describe and I've never seen them have a problem. Unless ...more

I've tightened them tight in a x pattern with multiple stems and bars knitting fine I even tighten it so tight on bars before I ovaled the clamping area of the bars and fucked the bars and they still slipped, I have had my friend who has bike for 10 years do and I slipped them it because how I land on my bike witch I don't feel comfortable on no matter what I try so that's why I'm trying a new frame and see if that fixes it I've rode a untied royal frame and a mongoose all felt the same long back ends and short front so I think I need reverse sense I lean forward instead of back like other people that's why there bars are aligned with there forks if that makes any sense

|

2/15/2017 7:18 PM

Bump*** does anyone know where I can get the cult 2 short frame in 21.25 in black or do I have to talk to them?

|

2/15/2017 7:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2017 7:44 PM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

Bump*** does anyone know where I can get the cult 2 short frame in 21.25 in black or do I have to talk to them?

http://americancycle.com/product/cult-2-short-frame-23990.htm

Hope it helps ya smile

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/15/2017 8:21 PM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

Thanks homie

|

2/15/2017 8:33 PM

Check out some FIT frames, may get lucky and find a MARV, theres also the wifi.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/15/2017 11:29 PM

You could just not land front heavy, try changing your stance on the bike. It sounds like you lean forward too much, especially when landing

|

2/16/2017 5:05 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

You could just not land front heavy, try changing your stance on the bike. It sounds like you lean forward too much, ...more

I can't change my stance it doesn't work for me....tried... if dan kruk can ride like Chicago bars I think I can just need a bike that I actually feel comfortable on.

|

2/16/2017 5:41 AM

But maybe the problem is that your bars are too far forward. It sounds like you ride in a bar humping position if your body weight is that far forward already. And it sounds like all the problems you're having is down to how you ride, not what you ride

|

2/16/2017 11:58 PM

The BSD soulja frame nearly match your dimensions, 21.2" tt with 12.8" cs slammed.

|

2/17/2017 2:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2017 2:44 AM

How is getting a new frame going to stop your bars from slipping? That's pretty rediculous. Unless I'm reading this wrong. Get new bars and stem.

|

2/17/2017 5:33 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

How is getting a new frame going to stop your bars from slipping? That's pretty rediculous. Unless I'm reading this wrong. Get ...more

You are reading it wrong..........

|

2/17/2017 5:34 AM

Francky wrote:

The BSD soulja frame nearly match your dimensions, 21.2" tt with 12.8" cs slammed.

Hmm thanks bro I'm going to check that out

|

2/17/2017 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2017 9:20 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

How is getting a new frame going to stop your bars from slipping? That's pretty rediculous. Unless I'm reading this wrong. Get ...more

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

You are reading it wrong..........

Lol OK. I did just kind of skim through it. My bad
Have you tried a longer stem?

|

2/17/2017 11:38 AM

http://bmx.transworld.net/1/what-i-ride-dan-kruk/#BzdTTdGb48JwLlAp.97

Solution: Wtp 25mm stem/bars.?
Does OP run bars perpendicular to ground? Interested in photos of OP bike

|