Frame Advice

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2013 7:48 PM

So im thinking about buying a new frame, something with a different geo and a little newer.
I ride mainly street and some park and im 6'1" so something a little big. I was thinking something with a longer top tube(around 21), a 75 degree top tube and chainstays around 13.5" or something similar. And I like those translucent colors haha.

ive been looking at the
S&M ATF
S&M BTM
Fit Mac
and the BSD Beverage

Recommendations??

|

8/7/2013 7:53 PM

|

8/7/2013 8:00 PM

I don't know much about bsd. They're supposedly solid but all I have owned from bsd is the front hub and hubguards. They were all pretty nice though I must say. I ride a BTM and I love it but short chainstay is my thing. I owned an ATF before that and that was very nice aswell. Never owned a mac but I have had both a wifi and eddie v3 from fit and I enjoyed both of those frames. So get whatever frame out of those, Can't go wrong with any of them

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/7/2013 8:01 PM

Get the Beverage. BSD FTW!!

|

8/7/2013 8:21 PM

Thanks for the input but ya I dont think I could go wrong with any of them i just gotta decide on one haha.
I was thinking of going with the btm, but what's it like with the shorter chainstays?

|

8/7/2013 8:38 PM

AK95 wrote:

Thanks for the input but ya I dont think I could go wrong with any of them i just gotta decide on one haha.
I was thinking of going with the btm, but what's it like with the shorter chainstays?

It's not that different due to the lower bb height at 11.5". Manuals feel rather similar to a longer chainstay frame. Just makes hops a bit easier to pop and it's a little less stable at parks/trails. But not a big deifference. You would adjust in like an hour

|

8/7/2013 8:48 PM

AK95 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

It's not that different due to the lower bb height at 11.5". Manuals feel rather similar to a longer chainstay frame. Just makes hops a bit easier to pop and it's a little less stable at parks/trails. But not a big deifference. You would adjust in like an hour

Oh ok well I dont ride much park or street anyway but thanks for the advice I'll think about it haha.
Any other frames you think I should look at?

|

8/7/2013 8:54 PM

Try the credence frames. They're made by s&m and built solely for the trails. Deluxe is a trails oriented company as well

|

8/7/2013 8:57 PM

tomdon wrote:

Try the credence frames. They're made by s&m and built solely for the trails. Deluxe is a trails oriented company as well

Oh haha sorry I meant i dont ride much park or trails anyway. Mainly street.

|

8/7/2013 9:06 PM

For street I would say any of these based on the fact your top 4 choices have relatively short chainstays. All in this list have short chainstays and are basically built solely for street
fit wifi
fit benny l
fit marv
s&m btm
bsd wza
kink tocco
macneil varsity
sunday broadcaster
united dinero
the take ivy 5
volume drifter v2
wethepeople clash
wethepeople cream
wethepeople scorpio

|

8/7/2013 9:12 PM

tomdon wrote:

For street I would say any of these based on the fact your top 4 choices have relatively short chainstays. All in this list have short chainstays and are basically built solely for street
fit wifi
fit benny l
fit marv
s&m btm
bsd wza
kink tocco
macneil varsity
sunday broadcaster
united dinero
the take ivy 5
volume drifter v2
wethepeople clash
wethepeople cream
wethepeople scorpio

Oh wow thanks ya ill check those out but thanks for the help.

|

8/8/2013 12:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2013 12:31 AM

Have a look at Mutiny Rune frame. Got one like 2 weeks ago and its awsome. The quality of the frame is just great and it feels really good too.
You can run ur chainstay from 13" to 13.6" so you cant go wrong tongue I run mine slammed :3

|

8/8/2013 12:44 AM

BSD all day, the bev is such a nice frame

|

8/8/2013 6:38 AM

The Beverage, for real. So sick.

|

8/8/2013 10:12 AM

Haha a lot of you guys seem to love the Beverage frame. But what's so good about it?

|

8/8/2013 10:27 AM

i personally ride a fiend embryo, its a fucking sick frame and it has taken a serious beating. still running strong and by far my favorite frame that ive ever ridden. i had a btm and cracked it within 9 months

|

What are your thoughts on abortion?
refs: ouykcuf, KingCityBikeco, I like too bike, MrHavoc1988, Jared42069, agcrx, ecuadevil

8/8/2013 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2013 4:53 PM

Federal Lacey, 75.5 ht
21 tt
about 13.5 rear
9ish standover.

LOVE mine.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/8/2013 4:59 PM

im the same height as you, ive ridden tons of frames and so far i love my skavenger el blanco loco more than anything, plus chrome looks good

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/8/2013 6:14 PM

BSD not only put out GREAT products, they have a great Team (Including Grant the owner!) with a great Team ethic. They are all really nice people & excellent riders who test the products to the absolute MAX before they are released. The Beverage Frame seems a little strange to me Geometry wise. It seems totally in-between Geometry like the 74.8 Degree Head Tube Angle?! Why not go for 74.5 or 75?! However it is Tony Maloufs Signature Frame. He has been riding a LONG time & knows what he likes in a Frame & after all it is his Signature Frame! It is a solid, well built & i am sure VERY well thought out Frame, a few of the Flow Team run them & the newest edition to the Team Liam Zingbergs is riding one. Plus the Trans Green or Red colours are definitely a nice touch! I am a huge BSD fan, always have been! I started riding their Sprockets years ago & then i built up to Seat, Post, Forks, Stem & Bars & i will be getting a BSD/Eclat build sorted over the next couple of months so i am a little biased, but you should DEFINITELY go for the Beverage! Once again BSD FTW!!!

|

8/8/2013 6:32 PM

Haha alright thanks well I think I'm gonna go for either the btm or the beverage when some money appears.

|

8/8/2013 6:50 PM

AK95 wrote:

Haha alright thanks well I think I'm gonna go for either the btm or the beverage when some money appears.

If you figure out a way to make money just appear, let me know.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/8/2013 9:14 PM

Haha alright Dave you'll be the first to know.

|