Frame Cracked

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2012 10:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2012 10:19 AM

I have a united recruit rn2 bike, but at this point its mostly been replaced with custom parts.
I somehow cracked my top tube at the weld to the headtube. It's slightly cracked on either side.
I was wondering if it is possible to weld the frame, and what a good frame would be to get. I ride street, but im not very good so i do little grinds, small drops/stairs/ledges, and flat tricks. I want a frame that's between 20.5 and 20.75 inches, but i don't know what to look for in the other details of a frame. Any help is appreciated

Edit: I had the cracks in the wrong place originally in the post. they are at the weld of the toptube-headtube

|

8/13/2012 10:20 AM

yes, you can get it welded if you don't wanna see if you still have a warranty. Just bring it to any machine shop and they'll quote you a price, most won't really charge you much.

|

8/13/2012 10:37 AM

sbc785 wrote:

yes, you can get it welded if you don't wanna see if you still have a warranty. Just bring it to any machine shop and they'll quote you a price, most won't really charge you much.

my free warranty was only for 6 months and it has been 8 months since i bought it. Thanks for the help

|

8/14/2012 7:21 PM

ryed wrote:

my free warranty was only for 6 months and it has been 8 months since i bought it. Thanks for the help

Contact United and they'll probaly give you a new one anyways. There really good about that. If not they may offer a replacement frame for a discounted price

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short