Frame/Tire Clearance

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2016 8:20 PM

Okay so i am planning on getting a new frame this year, id like to be able to get the cult AK 2.5 tire since i ride street and love fat tires, i was wondering (aside from the newer cult frames) if there were any other frames from other brands that would have enough clearance for the tire, i'd just like to have options on brands..

|

10/2/2016 9:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2016 9:43 PM

Keep in mind you'll have to get a fork with more clearance as well, unless you already have one that will work.

|

10/2/2016 11:36 PM

Fbm hardway v2. Although, with a short chainstay and clearance for wide tyres, a moody chainline is inherent. Brands are releasing frames thinking it's what the customer's want without thinking about what they need. Run a narrower tyre on a frame that will give you a good chainline

|

10/3/2016 5:41 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Keep in mind you'll have to get a fork with more clearance as well, unless you already have one that will work.

I'm going to get a sect of the most recent cult forks with the frame I get for sure

|

10/3/2016 4:33 PM

I do recommend those tires they're great. My Reynolds v1 frame has way more than enough clearance for the cult tire. I'm not sure for the v2 though. Odyssey forks also got the tire well. Just make sure your tire isn't too wobbly then the tires will rub. But the cult ones will see havemore than enough clearance if you're not too sure

|

10/3/2016 4:35 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

I do recommend those tires they're great. My Reynolds v1 frame has way more than enough clearance for the cult tire. I'm not ...more

My chainline is straight as an arrow too with a 28t sprocket. So you should be fine

|

10/3/2016 4:36 PM

Maybe a BSD frame? They all can run 2.4" tires, so maybe a 2.5" would fit?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn