Frame and drive train question

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2016 7:17 PM

Hey, I was wondering if one was to buy a complete bike if I could get the bike shop to switch the drive train later on, obviously paying for the parts and labour. I was wondering if a frame is set To one side or if it can be switched. Thanks guys

|

3/3/2016 7:31 PM

You can switch just ask if your cranks can , and hub too unless you buy s new one

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/3/2016 8:04 PM

The frame doesn't matter here, what matters is your cranks & rear hub.

Your cranks would need to be RHD/LHD compatible (Both crank arms need a sprocket bolt hole on them, otherwise when you switch your sprocket onto that side it won't have anything to bolt onto) so if they're not, you'd either need new cranks, or if they're a 48 spline crank then you can get a spline drive sprocket instead.

and your rear hub needs to be reversible to where it can switch from RHD --> LHD & vice-versa. Otherwise you'd need to buy a LHD cassette hub or one that is reversible.

|

3/3/2016 8:28 PM

You should switch that front sprocket to a 30 tooth

|

3/4/2016 12:22 AM

Frame doesn't matter, look into the sprocket, cranks, and hub change-ability. Some hubs, cassette or freecoaster, won't be able to swap the drive, but most will. What completes were you looking into?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn