Frame bag?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2018 7:26 PM

Has anyone used a frame bag while riding? Like one of these?

Photo

I am mainly curious as to how it holds up to riding? I would love to be able to just stash my phone and small items there.

|

4/2/2018 7:43 PM

Theoretically it would be a good idea, however, think of it from the view of others. Thieves will snatch that shit up faster than you can barspin. If you use one, I’d only put tools in it personally, and only to drop it off by my warehouse so I have my personal tools while I do my flatland. I say theoretically because the smaller a town is is equally proportional to the number of thieves. I live in the ghetto so this isn’t an option for me sadly. My warehouse is downtown though.
This reminds me of those bags you could attach to the bottom of your seatpost though. I’d use one of those for that. To the untrained eye it just looks like part of your seat.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/2/2018 7:50 PM

I wouldn't leave anything unattended. I was thinking about when I am riding out and about. I would rather have my phone in a bag that protects it that is always with me and not actually on me (I fall a lot!) When I ride the big city skatepark I usually have to take the train in as parking is super hard. I then have to leave my backpack unattended while I ride. The tools and extra tubes/parts are expendable but my phone is not.

|

4/2/2018 7:59 PM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

I wouldn't leave anything unattended. I was thinking about when I am riding out and about. I would rather have my phone in a ...more

Yeah. I still am not too sure you necessarily need a bag for it though. I pretty much ride with my phone in my pocket all the time and it holds up fine, granted I have a life proof case though. I don’t necessarily mean that you leave it unattended, I’ve seen thieves push bikers over and steal their shit right in front of their eyes, it’s almost never the bike, it’s usually their belongings, as most thieves in the game know that bmx bikes don’t appreciate value when they’re ridden. Any thief that steals a bmx bike is intending to use it for personal use. I can see where your predicament is coming from, however I would still recommend that you use a seat bag instead. Or get one of those life proof cases, man, I’ve fallen on this thing so many times and it has held up fine, not only that, but if your case fails to protect your phone, the warranty will pay for a new phone and a new case.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/3/2018 8:35 AM

Dont see the use on a BMX, you can stash the stuff you need in a small 5L backpack or go out light and use your pockets.

And, it's gonna flop around (a bit) during tricks and will make the handling fucking weird. Snapping them on and off at a spot might help, but then again, it's best to invest in a backpack that you can use in other situations.

I tried a friend's bike once, he had a lock on the downtube, a small 180 on flat and I found myself on my back.

If you're talking about mountain bikes and road bikes, then yes, they do make more sense.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/3/2018 11:41 AM

On a bmx? Nah. Get a nice backpack.

|

4/3/2018 2:05 PM

Apparently hip bags are coming back into fashion

|

4/3/2018 2:27 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

My Father had a more colorful term for them:

"English Slang for Cigarette" Bags.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/3/2018 2:43 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I have a peepgame one . Handy as fuck ! can get my wallet , keys , headphones , a 17mm with extension ( wrench included obviously ) and a couple Allan keys easily . Plus you can wear it around your shoulder if you’re afraid of getting made fun of

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/3/2018 3:01 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

We used to call them bum bags. And apparently Americans called the fanny bags or fanny packs which was hilarious to us as kids. In the UK fanny means vagina

|

4/3/2018 3:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2018 3:34 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Nah dude, it's a gun holder...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/3/2018 3:51 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

If you see some dude in the South carrying a fanny pack, there's a 98% chance a gun is in it. lol

|

4/3/2018 3:54 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

If you see some dude in the South carrying a fanny pack, there's a 98% chance a gun is in it. lol

Haha thats probably truelaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/3/2018 6:14 PM

Professional BMX rider Reed Stark started his own small company called "Safari Shit" & is making water-proof bike bags just like this.

As seen is his Bike Check

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/3/2018 6:30 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Professional BMX rider Reed Stark started his own small company called "Safari Shit" & is making water-proof bike bags ...more

Cool bike check. Unbelievable price for that bag! $135!!

|

4/3/2018 6:37 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Professional BMX rider Reed Stark started his own small company called "Safari Shit" & is making water-proof bike bags ...more

The bag is dope, but would anyone really pay $135 for one?

Smuggler Bike Bag

|

4/3/2018 6:51 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Haha thats probably truelaughing

It is, sadly it’s true. I live in Mississippi and pretty much anyone with a fanny pack has a gun in it.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/5/2018 5:02 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Smuggler Bike Bag

I seen on instagram yesterday a pro rider rocking a o.gipsy frame bag I checked their page but they have nothing out yet.
I think it's a cool concept for those that don't want to lug around a backpack, personally I hate carrying around a bag on a hot summer's day. But 135 dollars for that bag is just rediculous i seen a month ago I've check just recently but can't seem to find it; on animals website they were offering a sweet backpack for riding that came with a multi tool for 150 (not including shipping) and on sale for 100 to me that's a way better deal

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

4/5/2018 5:32 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Smuggler Bike Bag

It's all made In LA by hand with locally sourced materials, the markup on that bag is probably not a great deal higher than average.

|

Hmmm

4/5/2018 7:39 AM

Might as well carry a purse , that’s what backpacks are for

|

4/5/2018 7:50 AM

eskimojay wrote:

The whole point is to not carry or wear anything while riding. I have a backpack that I use for tools/parts etc. I could give a shit if I leave that stuff unattended. I can easily get/afford a new ratchet or tubes if my bag get taken. I can't easily/afford a new phone if that gets snatched and or broken from being in my pocket.

Simone Barraco was testing a prototype frame bag for Shadow and you can see it in a couple videos from last year.

Photo

|

4/5/2018 7:59 AM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

The whole point is to not carry or wear anything while riding. I have a backpack that I use for tools/parts etc. I could give ...more

See, the problem with that bag is that it's gonna flop around while you're freestyling. The only possible counter to this is to put 2 more straps on the back, another one above the strap on the seat tube on top, and one that will go across on the downtube. Even then it will still flop around and make the handling unpredictable and weird.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/5/2018 8:06 AM

eskimojay wrote:

BigMeanPunk wrote:

The whole point is to not carry or wear anything while riding. I have a backpack that I use for tools/parts etc. I could give ...more

HavokDJ wrote:

See, the problem with that bag is that it's gonna flop around while you're freestyling. The only possible counter to this is ...more

Not if the bag is stiff enough, reed stark rode with one on at simple session this year

|

Hmmm

4/5/2018 8:18 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Not if the bag is stiff enough, reed stark rode with one on at simple session this year

Yeah, I guess you're right. I saw the material and I have a bag that has a very similar looking material and I figured it that it's probably really flexible, but if it's hard then yeah.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/5/2018 8:22 AM

You can see Simone running it in the Sparky's Halloween Jam videos from last year. Doesn't look like its flopping around at all, but newer videos he doesn't have it so maybe it didn't work out.

|

4/5/2018 8:25 AM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

You can see Simone running it in the Sparky's Halloween Jam videos from last year. Doesn't look like its flopping around at ...more

Probably because of the weight.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/5/2018 8:45 AM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

You can see Simone running it in the Sparky's Halloween Jam videos from last year. Doesn't look like its flopping around at ...more

HavokDJ wrote:

Probably because of the weight.

I seen on his Instagram yesterday he posted a pic of it the g on the bag stands for O.gipsy whatever that prototype is they've made it into a brand that looks like it will be launching soon Photo

Unfortunately I can't find his original post but I clicked the tag and followed them to see what they have in the works

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

4/5/2018 9:03 AM

This was just posted on his Insta story thing (I'm new to the gram laughing )Photo

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

4/5/2018 9:44 AM

The idea is there, honestly I cannot believe it took this long to work into BMX in some way. Those bags are pretty well held in place assuming you tighten the straps well.

I think someone needs to revisit the idea of the seapost being a 17mm but make it from chromoly instead of alloy. Then make seat clamp allen bolts 6mm, so you need ONE thing to take your bike apart (assuming no brakes).

I would rather pop my seatpost out to get a tool than carry one. Sure, the post would make my bike maybe 1/2 a pound heavier, but the freedom of ONE TOOL means less need for a backpack.

Or make a seatpost that can snugly house a reasonably light deep 17 with short extension and a handle-does not need to ratchet, and storage either in the seat or post for a 5 and a 6 MM.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/5/2018 9:51 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Like a bum bag or a ‘fanny pack’ to our America brethren?

|

If you build it, they will come