Frame buying

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2009 11:36 PM

K so my frame is twisted, and I want to get a new one so my tire will stop rubbing, stop having chain tension problems, tight spots, etc.
The thing is I don't really know shit about geo but I do I know a 21 TT and at least a 13.75 CS. I'm a tall dude, like 6'2" and getting taller. So these frames looked pretty good and I wanted some input.

-Deathtrap
-Trinity HT
-Flyin' Lion(I know it has 13.65 CS but something about this frame really appeals to me)
I figure maybe it will help me 3 because I can't spin very well and I'm not the strongest.

I'm not sure on how low I want it, the Flyin Lion looks kinda low but maybe it's just right I'm not sure.

I ride street by the way, grinding a lot.

|

"swwyobmx"
so im balls deep in this bitch and she screams hurt me hurt me! so i pulled out and punched her in the fuckin mouth.

12/11/2009 11:40 PM

Flyin Lion looks niceee

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

12/11/2009 11:49 PM

Oh also looking at LTF but don't know how that'd hold up to street and grinding.
I'm really light and not the best but still ehh seems kinda sketchy

|

"swwyobmx"
so im balls deep in this bitch and she screams hurt me hurt me! so i pulled out and punched her in the fuckin mouth.

12/12/2009 12:04 AM

LTF is beyond solid man I know a kid who rides the randy brown and is a bigger kid like you it has thinner chain stays than the ltf and he shreds hard like this kid is burly as fuck and the frame holds fine so dude I would to with the ltf american made period.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

12/12/2009 1:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 11:26 PM

The Flyin' Lion is actually a mid hight frame. To get an idea of what to look for in a frame, when it comes to geometry. Is the BB hight. The Flyin Lion is 11.67. That measurement comes from the center of the BB to the ground. Really what it does, is lower your center of gravity; feeling of the frame. The deathtrap is a lower frame with 11.5BB hight.
Another thing to look at is the seattube hight. That is the measurement from the center of the BB to the hole of the seat tube. That gives you an idea of how low the TT is. I personly like frames from 7.5-8.0.
The shorter the CS is, the easer it is to spin. But generally, that is measured from center of the BB to the center of the drop out. So if it says 13.75 & you slam it, you could actually be riding 13.65-13.5. Depending on the size of the dropout.

I would say go with the nitrous frame. I know its cheep and new on the market. But you sound like a noob, I think it will best fit you; geometry is right up your allie.
As far as the frames you were talking about... The LTF, and Flyin Lion will last your forever...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

12/12/2009 8:33 AM

Yeah I'm not going to run a Nitrous frame, Eastern rep is too bad. The frame I'm replacing is an Eastern.

So lowering my center of gravity, the BB height. What exactly does that do? Help with hops or so?

The I have pretty big feet and I'm worried about clipping the peg. So maybe the trinity would be good? It has 13.8 CS and the Flyin Lion has 13.65
Also the height on the Trinity is 11.75 and 11.67 on the Flyin Lion. But I'm not really sure what that's for.

So the Flyin Lion overall isn't that low?

|

"swwyobmx"

12/12/2009 8:40 AM

duno if they come in that sizw but i would look into a fluy luna am runing one nd i only like to ride street

|

12/12/2009 8:43 AM

CS to short, don't want a Luna.
Keane get the hell back in here and help me.

|

"swwyobmx"

12/12/2009 9:05 AM

Warranty your eastern frame. They'll get you a nice one.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

12/12/2009 9:07 AM

get a fly or colony

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

12/12/2009 3:03 PM

ive just ordered a mothership
thats a really nice frame

|

12/12/2009 4:34 PM

warrenty your eastern frame for the journey, its awesome haha. I warrentied my grim reaper for it and Im stoked

|

12/12/2009 9:09 PM

They won't warranty a twisted back end. It's not cracked just really twisted.
How are United frames quality, I don't hear much about 'em?
I think the Trinity is better geo wise and shit but for some reason instinct is telling me Flyin Lion ha.

|

"swwyobmx"

12/12/2009 9:12 PM

ltf, motherfucking strong ass frame.

|

Ed's Bike Shop Flow Team.
Go Webbie!

12/12/2009 9:44 PM

Nah I'm pretty sure I want to either get the Flyin Lion or Trinity.

|

"swwyobmx"

12/13/2009 8:08 AM

bumpp!
What does BB Height affect?

|

"swwyobmx"

12/13/2009 8:41 AM

|

NACHO CHEESE BABY

12/13/2009 8:46 PM

Nah dude I got it now, the Trinity. I just want to know how the quality of United frames are, good?
I think I wanted the Lion so bad because it's a failure and I know how beast it is.

|

"swwyobmx"

12/13/2009 8:47 PM

get the lion

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

12/13/2009 8:51 PM

squiddy. wrote:

Oh also looking at LTF but don't know how that'd hold up to street and grinding.
I'm really light and not the best but still ehh seems kinda sketchy

all you have to know is tony cardona used to ride one

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

12/13/2009 8:59 PM

Eh I'd rather get the Lion over the LTF tbh. Trinity geo just seems to fit better, since no one knows about their frame quality I guess I'll get and tell you dudes.

I buy this come Tuesday
[LINK TO IMAGE]
(right click, view image)

|

"swwyobmx"

12/13/2009 9:06 PM

get the flyin lion

|

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

12/13/2009 9:09 PM

i think you'd be happier with the LTF, or the flyin lion.

|

12/13/2009 9:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2009 9:10 PM

double post, my bad.

|

12/13/2009 9:11 PM

Trinity geo just seems better for me man, fuck now I'm second guessing it again.

|

"swwyobmx"