Frame collecting

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2017 4:11 AM

Does anyone collect frames? I'm starting a little collection for no reason at all haha. So far I have a T1 Barcode from Cory Foust and now a Native shotgunner prototype #1 frame. What do yall have?

|

Smoke Drink Die

2/18/2017 4:40 AM

Would love to have a frame collection. It's not so much the money that's the problem, it's space to put 'em.

Do you display them or are they in a box somewhere?

|

2/18/2017 6:41 AM

I don't, but I wish I kept my s&m cam wood v2, and the frame I've got now will never be sold. I'm rubbish at collecting anything, I end up selling most of it to get something else (like I always sell bike parts, to buy a different bike part)

|

2/18/2017 7:12 AM

I'm a hoarder when it comes to bike parts. I kept a frozen 22mm mid BB bearing because I keep telling myself that I'll clean it and regrease it (I won't).

As for frames, the only one I have as a collection is an Eastern Dragon. Just a midschool frame. My friend has a Federal D-Watts (davey Watson, he is/was a local shredder and pro for those of you who don't know him. Meth messed him up tho) prototype frame, it doesn't even have a serial number on the bottom bracket. And it has a whole bunch of stickers on it, such as "breakfast shit" "shola" (names of some of his edits).

So we're assuming it was used by him at one point, and I think it would be a dope frame to have in a collection.

|

2/18/2017 7:26 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I'm a hoarder when it comes to bike parts. I kept a frozen 22mm mid BB bearing because I keep telling myself that I'll clean ...more

Haha, the only frame I have lying around is also an Eastern Dragon c. 2006.

|

2/18/2017 9:32 AM

I definitely have a hoarding problem lol i buimd bikes like there is no tomorrow. I have a bunch of midschool stuff and new school stuff im always looking at parts and frames lol

|

brakeless maniac

2/18/2017 10:26 AM

I keep my old frames, that's about it. Where I am, it's quite hard to find any older stuff.

Right now, I have my 2004 Volume Ardelean(on the left) and my broken 2011 Fly Montana(on the right).

Photo

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/18/2017 11:00 AM

I have a cracked giant xtc carbon 29er mtb frame and my fit Benny l frame

|

2/18/2017 4:11 PM

I'm glad im not the only one who hoards parts. I used to sell everything but over time I started keeping shit and now I have half my garage filled with parts haha. My frames are in my garage as well. Kind of on display but really just sitting there until I do something about it.

|

Smoke Drink Die

2/18/2017 4:19 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

I'm glad im not the only one who hoards parts. I used to sell everything but over time I started keeping shit and now I have ...more

I've a ton of old parts, some belonging to me, others to my brother. If I'm not using it and a friend needs it, I'll give it to them. Otherwise they go into a box or a drawer to be forgotten about until someone needs them.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/18/2017 6:28 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I'm a hoarder when it comes to bike parts. I kept a frozen 22mm mid BB bearing because I keep telling myself that I'll clean ...more

i knew he dropped off but i didn't know it was meth. not trying to be a dick but where'd you find that out? or was it like a word of mouth thing in your area? I'm just super curious lmao

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/23/2017 4:53 AM

still got my fit aitken s2 which i rode til summer 16'

also got my superstar cooper i purchased back in 2008 which is super rusty and looks sick

|

IG: @_almost_crook

2/23/2017 11:35 AM

The only real thing I have that I am "collecting" at this point is a prototype of the Eastern Choker 3 stem that I got when I was in NC. It doesn't have any logos and the "paint" almost feels like bedliner for a pickup.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/23/2017 3:56 PM

I have a budding amount of midschool stuff. I gave a lot of newschool to my friend to ride. He barely rides even now but I have some hopes for when spring comes.

|

2/23/2017 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2017 6:21 PM

I don't collect frames but I just happen to have a collection of frames. It's slowing going down though which is nice.

|

2/23/2017 6:22 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

The only real thing I have that I am "collecting" at this point is a prototype of the Eastern Choker 3 stem that I got when I ...more

That's cool, prototypes are always worth keeping.

|

2/24/2017 4:21 AM

Currently have:
Fit WiFi
Fly 3 Amigos
Total hangover v1
Total hangover v2
Mutiny conjurer v3
Season system
T1 Hickerson
Dk team v3
And a cracked Sunday Ian haha