Frame decision

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2013 3:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2013 3:46 AM

Hey, i'm really into the frames from Flybikes, but i don't know if they will last, since i heard a lot of people say they crack really easy. Can anyone tell me if they have different expierences with their frames, especially about the Trueno or the Isla frame?
I would use the frame for mostly street and a little bit park, but i grind a lot and please tell me if the frame will last at least a year. Or could you suggest me a different frame for the same price range?

|

Instagram: @bjoernkrg

11/17/2013 3:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2013 3:58 AM

I think they'll be fine as long as your not hard on your bike, or do burly stuff, I mean look at their team.

But with that being said I'd never run a fly frame, there are so many other better frames out there.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/17/2013 4:24 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I think they'll be fine as long as your not hard on your bike, or do burly stuff, I mean look at their team.

But with that being said I'd never run a fly frame, there are so many other better frames out there.

What would you consider as a better frame ? Any suggestions ?

|

11/17/2013 5:25 AM

don't get a fly frame, they have really bad rep here in spain, a friend of mine had a fly trueno frame, he bent the chainstays and got 3 cracks in 1 year, and he is not a hard rider. i'd go for a BSD or a Fit Marv, they have those forsale for 170-199 pounds, i wouldnt get the forever v2 though, i friend of mine cracked it in 7 months

http://www.sourcebmx.com/products/sale/bmx-parts-sale/frames-sale/14134.shtml

|

11/17/2013 7:05 AM

Get a Huffy

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/17/2013 8:04 AM

Fit Marv. I am soon getting mine in the post :D

|

Bruh

11/17/2013 8:13 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

The Marv looks sick, but did they discontinued it, cause it doenst appear on the Fitbike website anymore.. :/

|

11/17/2013 8:57 AM

I used to ride a fly diablo frame.......that was a good frame I beat the hell out of it

|

11/17/2013 9:09 AM

Nope, no fly frame! haha They are one of those companies that cares about looks too much. Get a Sunday frame, a Fit frame, a Federal Frame, and S&M frame, etc. Just name a frame you like off, and we will tell you if it's any good. It is what we are best at smile

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2013 9:17 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

bjoernkrg wrote:

The Marv looks sick, but did they discontinued it, cause it doenst appear on the Fitbike website anymore.. :/

I don't think so. I can buy one brand new from a few sites here. I'm just getting mine for free :3

|

Bruh

11/17/2013 9:25 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Nope, no fly frame! haha They are one of those companies that cares about looks too much. Get a Sunday frame, a Fit frame, a Federal Frame, and S&M frame, etc. Just name a frame you like off, and we will tell you if it's any good. It is what we are best at smile

Would love an S&M or Fit, but in Germany they are so spendy and i can't spend 550€ on a frame :/ Even the Wifi looks sick, the CS is too short for me...

But the new Churchill frame from federal looks sick, anyone here who has expierence with federal frames ?

By the way i'm searching for a frame with a steep HT 75°-75.5° but still a longer CS like 13.4 (Slammed) so i can ride 4 pegs since i have big feet.

|

11/17/2013 9:39 AM

bjoernkrg wrote:

Would love an S&M or Fit, but in Germany they are so spendy and i can't spend 550€ on a frame :/ Even the Wifi looks sick, the CS is too short for me...

But the new Churchill frame from federal looks sick, anyone here who has expierence with federal frames ?

By the way i'm searching for a frame with a steep HT 75°-75.5° but still a longer CS like 13.4 (Slammed) so i can ride 4 pegs since i have big feet.

Yep! I have a Federal Renegade, i LOVE it. It is quite solid, doesnt dent hardly at all. The ovalized downtube stops a few of em that would be huge and makes em tiny. haha Their frames are pretty strong, i havent had any trouble with it yet, and i put it thru hell.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2013 9:56 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

bjoernkrg wrote:

13.4 is super short

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/17/2013 10:03 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

bjoernkrg wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

13.4 is super short

Used to ride a stock frame with 13.2 so it's longer than what i used to have..

|

11/17/2013 10:43 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

bjoernkrg wrote:

you say you'd love a fit but they are too expensive in germany, well, here you go, Fit marv for 203 euros (shipping is 10 euros)
http://www.sourcebmx.com/product/frames/fit-bmx/fit-marv-frame/12710.shtml it might be too short for what you want though...

|

11/17/2013 10:56 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

bjoernkrg wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

you say you'd love a fit but they are too expensive in germany, well, here you go, Fit marv for 203 euros (shipping is 10 euros)
http://www.sourcebmx.com/product/frames/fit-bmx/fit-marv-frame/12710.shtml it might be too short for what you want though...

Sorry, was talking about the American made frames,, Yeah the Marv looks sick, but they only have it in 21.3 and i wouldn't go over 21" for the TT..

|

11/17/2013 11:03 AM

Wethepeople sleepless frame has a 13.5 chainstay. Lifetime warrantee. Looks so good in raw too.

I'd recommend any aftermarket wethepeople frame.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/17/2013 11:07 AM

bjoernkrg wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

bjoernkrg wrote:

Sorry, was talking about the American made frames,, Yeah the Marv looks sick, but they only have it in 21.3 and i wouldn't go over 21" for the TT..

they have it in 20.5

|

11/17/2013 3:08 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Wethepeople sleepless frame has a 13.5 chainstay. Lifetime warrantee. Looks so good in raw too.

I'd recommend any aftermarket wethepeople frame.

same,, love my irish frame

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/17/2013 3:53 PM

I love my Federal Lacey smile

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2013 5:55 PM

I have the Fly Lago 2. Aside from the geo being less than perfect for me, its a good frame. one tiny dent in the top tube, but it has taken a serious beating the past year. held up well for me. but i'm not sure id ever buy another one...too many better frames lol.
Federal, The Take, BSD, Skavenger, Bone Deth, Macneil, and The Take would be my first choices. I rode a friend's The Take Ivy 5 frame and completely fell in love with it.

|

Insta: @devicacy

11/17/2013 6:12 PM

So many good answers on here hmm, I'd say a standard STA (stronger than all) would be a great choice or get the terrible one barcode would also be a good choice

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/17/2013 6:20 PM

bjoernkrg wrote:

Don't ask it's complicated.. He's on the team but he isn't.. The frames still available and will be till he leaves

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/17/2013 6:31 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

I don't think so. I can buy one brand new from a few sites here. I'm just getting mine for free :3

Hey Guys, The Marv Situation... He has moved on from the Fit UK Team. He now Rides for the UK Company "The Make" From what i have heard, he honestly felt he wasn't getting a lot of support from the Fit Team, especially as he is on the UK Team & being a US Company he kinda wasn't involved in a lot of trips etc. (Before anyone mentions Benny L, He is actually on the Fit US Team) So he moved to a UK Team he is friends with & will do a lot more shit with!

And for the quote haha.... Yes Zach, you are getting one for Free because i am lovely, kind, wonderful etc etc Person lol laughing (Wont be too long before i send it now Buddy!)

|

11/17/2013 6:34 PM

I'd go with a Fly frame dude. They are great. Whatever you have heard is wrong. You almost can't get a bad frame these days, from any company...

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/17/2013 6:41 PM

Get the new Devon Smillie one. 13.5 slammed and a 75.5 Ht

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/18/2013 4:49 AM

bjoernkrg wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

Topsey wrote:

Hey Guys, The Marv Situation... He has moved on from the Fit UK Team. He now Rides for the UK Company "The Make" From what i have heard, he honestly felt he wasn't getting a lot of support from the Fit Team, especially as he is on the UK Team & being a US Company he kinda wasn't involved in a lot of trips etc. (Before anyone mentions Benny L, He is actually on the Fit US Team) So he moved to a UK Team he is friends with & will do a lot more shit with!

And for the quote haha.... Yes Zach, you are getting one for Free because i am lovely, kind, wonderful etc etc Person lol laughing (Wont be too long before i send it now Buddy!)

Can i get one for free too hahah ?

|

11/18/2013 4:50 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Get the new Devon Smillie one. 13.5 slammed and a 75.5 Ht

Isn't the CS 13.8 on the Fuego? Because i don't know if its 13.8 slammed or 13.8 in the middle... :/

|

11/18/2013 5:14 AM

The Sunday Soundwave is only slightly longer at 13.5 slammed. Lifetime warranty as well.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.