Frame/forks will haro warranty?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2018 8:39 PM

Landed a little to nose heavy on a bowl to bowl transfer this shouldn't have happened. Haro boulevardPhoto

Photo

Photo

|

1/4/2018 8:52 PM

"Landed a little to nose heavy on a bowl to bowl transfer this shouldn't have happened"

yeah, weird how landing nose heavy somehow makes your front end bend like that. can't imagine how.

it's a stock bike, so it's highly unlikely there is any kind of warranty, especially considering it looks to be last years model meaning if there was a limited warranty it's most likely up by now.

email or call them and ask though, worst they'll do is say no. maybe even offer a discount on new stuff. don't be like "this shouldn't have happened" though, stock parts will bend & break, even aftermarket. be polite and just ask if there's anything they can do
|

1/4/2018 9:02 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: "Landed a little to nose heavy on a bowl to bowl transfer this shouldn't have happened"

yeah, weird how landing nose heavy somehow makes your front end bend like that. can't imagine how.

it's a stock bike, so it's highly unlikely there is any kind of warranty, especially considering it looks to be last years model meaning if there was a limited warranty it's most likely up by now.

email or call them and ask though, worst they'll do is say no. maybe even offer a discount on new stuff. don't be like "this shouldn't have happened" though, stock parts will bend & break, even aftermarket. be polite and just ask if there's anything they can do

Number 1 i only weigh around 145 pounds, number 2 i only had the bike for a week and a half brand new off the floor. Plus my local guy said haro has a good warranty on broken stuff

|

1/4/2018 9:04 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: "Landed a little to nose heavy on a bowl to bowl transfer this shouldn't have happened"

Sphongeled wrote:

Number 1 i only weigh around 145 pounds, number 2 i only had the bike for a week and a half brand new off the floor. Plus my local guy said haro has a good warranty on broken stuff

If nothing else you got an awesome custom frame and fork now! The frame has a nice steep headtube for street and a negative offset for flatland!

|

1/4/2018 9:13 PM

Sphongeled wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

If nothing else you got an awesome custom frame and fork now! The frame has a nice steep headtube for street and a negative offset for flatland!

Lol the headtube yeah i hate the twitchy feel it gas i want my 74.5 backsad

|

1/4/2018 9:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2018 9:22 PM

Sphongeled wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

For real man, sucks when that happens. Id say grab a decent aftermarket fork with a lifetime warranty and never have to worry about it again! The same thing will happen even if they send you a new fork. After like 100 flyouts youre going to end up with a director fork. Heat-treated chromoly is the way to go! Cool thing about bmx parts is they all pretty much fit together. So when people say things like "its not worth upgrading" or whatnot, they are not taking into consideration ALL the parts you buy will work with ANY bmx...With a few exceptions.

|

1/4/2018 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2018 9:28 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

For real man, sucks when that happens. Id say grab a decent aftermarket fork with a lifetime warranty and never have to worry about it again! The same thing will happen even if they send you a new fork. After like 100 flyouts youre going to end up with a director fork. Heat-treated chromoly is the way to go! Cool thing about bmx parts is they all pretty much fit together. So when people say things like "its not worth upgrading" or whatnot, they are not taking into consideration ALL the parts you buy will work with ANY bmx...With a few exceptions.

Lol i have owned numerous custom builds whether a sunday or an s&m. I bought the bike because i can't afford a custom

|

1/4/2018 9:36 PM

Sphongeled wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

Lol i have owned numerous custom builds whether a sunday or an s&m. I bought the bike because i can't afford a custom

Fair enough! But I think aftermarket forks are the best upgrade to any bike, still. Odyssey forks are a one time purchase wink

|

1/4/2018 10:50 PM

Check the warranty section of their website. It might say that there's no warranty if you use it for tricks (like diamondback and mongoose)

|

1/4/2018 10:56 PM

Sphongeled wrote:

The scratches on your stem and wear on your tires says otherwise about it being “new” .

Honestly man if you think the issue is debatable , odds are you’re not gonna get it warrantied . I’ve emailed a shop about a potential defect and they said it’s probably not gonna work , they sent it to the company and haven’t heard anything. Unless it’s a snap at the welds or a cracked stem in the first 2 days , you’re probably out of luck .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/4/2018 11:57 PM

Sphongeled wrote:

Your weight doesn't really matter. the fact is you landed nose heavy and that's enough to do it. sure, it'd probably bend worse if you were 200lbs, but landing nose heavy hard enough can do that regardless.

The age of the bike matters though, but again, landing nose heavy hard enough can do that regardless of how old the bike is. not to mention they are both hi-tensile steel & not heat treated. your local guy probably has aftermarket Haro stuff, in which case the warranty is likely pretty good.

You can try seeing if they'll warranty it since the bike is supposedly only a week & a half old and some companies give a 30 day or something limited warranty, but don't hold your breath because it's stock and you did this by riding IE: it wasn't a defect

|

1/5/2018 5:23 AM

If it's Hi-tens, I'd bet you are SOL. If it's full cr-mo frame and fork, you might have a chance.

Stuff like THIS is why everyone always says "save your money & buy a full chromoly frame, fork, bars, cranks, axles, etc....

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

|

1/5/2018 6:52 AM

Damn you fucked that shit up

|

Hmmm

1/5/2018 7:39 AM

This is Haro's warranty page (I was expecting a LOT more fine print). It says all steel BMX frames from 1978 to current are covered under limited lifetime warranty. I believe a Boulevard would fall under that umbrella.

Photo

However, that pesky word "limited" means Haro may tell you to pound salt up your ass and not ride a Hi-Tensile frame in that way.

Sucks, but uhhh...at least you didn't fold your front end in half and hit the ground face first.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/5/2018 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2018 8:17 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

This is Haro's warranty page (I was expecting a LOT more fine print). It says all steel BMX frames from 1978 to current are covered under limited lifetime warranty. I believe a Boulevard would fall under that umbrella.

Photo

However, that pesky word "limited" means Haro may tell you to pound salt up your ass and not ride a Hi-Tensile frame in that way.

Sucks, but uhhh...at least you didn't fold your front end in half and hit the ground face first.

It also says "...warranty against defects in materials and workmanship". Fucking up a landing does not qualify as a defect in material or workmanship. It's a crap shoot. I DO find it odd that they say "all steel BMX frames from 1978 to current are covered under limited lifetime warranty." That's a bold warranty for what could be crap steel.

|

1/5/2018 8:19 AM

Limited means manufacturing warranty, in a nut shell. And lifetime probably means the expected life time of that part. Ie. Steel frames generally have a 5-10 year life expectancy (varies between brands). Hell, my custom fbm frame wouldn't be covered by warranty from me landing that heavily front wheel first. I'd say you need to suck it up and not buy cheap if you land on riding hard. I mean, if that happened in a week, why would you want another one anyway?

|

1/5/2018 8:28 AM

The only way you'll know for sure is to contact Haro yourself.

However, if you're doing bowl-to-bowl transfers, maybe you should look into getting an appropriate chromoly bike?

Hi-Tensil will always fail when confronted with abuse. You may aswell have bought a Wal-Mart bike..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/5/2018 8:35 AM

Sphongeled wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

The scratches on your stem and wear on your tires says otherwise about it being “new” .

Honestly man if you think the issue is debatable , odds are you’re not gonna get it warrantied . I’ve emailed a shop about a potential defect and they said it’s probably not gonna work , they sent it to the company and haven’t heard anything. Unless it’s a snap at the welds or a cracked stem in the first 2 days , you’re probably out of luck .

Lol the bars,stem,and forks on it now are my shadow parts. I put those on as soon as i got it the guy who owns the shop said supposedly of anything happens they should replace it. Also how hard i landed should not have bent it that bad regaurdless my local shop knows how new the bike is.

|

1/5/2018 8:39 AM

Sphongeled wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

Lol the bars,stem,and forks on it now are my shadow parts. I put those on as soon as i got it the guy who owns the shop said supposedly of anything happens they should replace it. Also how hard i landed should not have bent it that bad regaurdless my local shop knows how new the bike is.

Wait.... You just said "...the bars,stem,and forks on it now are my shadow parts. I put those on as soon as i got it". If that's true. the forks aren't covered by Haro. They aren't even their forks.

|

1/5/2018 8:40 AM

It probably covers under manufacturers defects , sketchy riding is not a manufacturer defect , your probably shit outta luck

|

1/5/2018 8:44 AM

Sphongeled wrote:

It is Hi-Tensil , not Chromoly. The way you landed absolutely will bend it like that.

DON'T SPEND MONEY ON ANYTHING THAT ISNT CHROMOLY.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/5/2018 8:47 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It is Hi-Tensil , not Chromoly. The way you landed absolutely will bend it like that.

DON'T SPEND MONEY ON ANYTHING THAT ISNT CHROMOLY.

One would think this would be a great teaching moment to show the difference. I weigh twice as much as OP and haven't bent a damn thing yet.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/5/2018 8:49 AM

I wouldn't buy a Hi-Tensil bike for a kid, let alone someone jumping bowl-to-bowl transfers..

You bought a shitty bike & learned the hard way why everyone and their mommas says not to buy shitty bikes.. If you're lucky enough to get any kind of warranty for this, I would highly recommend requesting a crash replacement for some chromoly parts. Otherwise, you're going to break it again and really be shit out of luck.

Read this thoroughly before buying a bike..

|

1/5/2018 8:55 AM

Sphongeled wrote:

Your statement: "...how hard i landed should not have bent it that bad..." Is NOT true. If I were to take a hi tens bike like yours, brace the bars to simulate arms holding the wheel strait, I could drop that bike on it's nose & there's a good chance it would bend under it's own weight, let alone your weight. I once nosed over on a small dirt jump years ago on a Hutch Trickstar & bent those forks. They were full cr-mo & I didn't stop as abruptly as you probably did. AND I was on dirt that wasn't even that hard-packed.

|

1/5/2018 8:57 AM

?start=199
|

1/5/2018 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2018 9:22 AM

eskimojay wrote:

It probably covers under manufacturers defects , sketchy riding is not a manufacturer defect , your probably shit outta luck

the biggest quarter at my local park is only 5 feet.

|

1/5/2018 9:33 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

That's 5ft more than a Hi-Tensil bike is made for..

You're missing the point here.. You messed up & bought a bike that can't handle ramp riding, & now you are expecting the company to send you the same frame and forks in the hopes that it won't happen again?

Just hit up Haro your self with proof of purchase & request crash replacement on some chromoly stuff. Just don't be surprised if they tell you you're SOL.

Or learn your lesson & accept your mistake & go buy yourself a nice aftermarket frame..

|

1/5/2018 11:29 AM

Boulevard forks? They're Bowlevard forks now.

I'll get my coat.

|

1/5/2018 11:41 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

That doesn’t mean shit , not a manufacturers defect

|

1/5/2018 12:07 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

That doesn’t mean shit , not a manufacturers defect

Lol either way when a company advertise there shit like it can be ridden decently they should cover their shit i know people who have ridden hi ten steel completes and ride just as hard as me, still hav their bikes

|