Frame problems.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2013 4:12 PM

I recently bought a Coloney Teddy 2014, i tried installing my old bottom bracket but when i put it in, they pop out after i put in the bearings i think its too big for the frame, any suggestions on what to do, just buy a new bottom bracket?

|

12/28/2013 4:28 PM

that frame needs a mid BB, what was your old frame?
anyways to install mid/spanish BB you have to hammer them hard

|

12/28/2013 4:33 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

My old frame was mid BB, but when i hammered the 1st bearing in it was perfect then i put the cone in the middle, then put the second bearing in went in perfect put pushed the other bearing out by like 2-3mm what do i do haha?

|

12/28/2013 4:33 PM

Use a homemade bearing press.

|

12/28/2013 4:36 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

BillyD_BMX wrote:

My old frame was mid BB, but when i hammered the 1st bearing in it was perfect then i put the cone in the middle, then put the second bearing in went in perfect put pushed the other bearing out by like 2-3mm what do i do haha?

hmm maybe the cone in the middle is too long? lol i don't know, try to compress both bearings somehow haha

|

12/28/2013 4:40 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

BillyD_BMX wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

hmm maybe the cone in the middle is too long? lol i don't know, try to compress both bearings somehow haha

yeah i think the cone in the middle is too long, do i get a 19mm mid bb instead off 22mm?

|

12/28/2013 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2013 4:53 PM

BillyD_BMX wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

BillyD_BMX wrote:

yeah i think the cone in the middle is too long, do i get a 19mm mid bb instead off 22mm?

no, 19mm or 22mm is the diameter of the inner circumference of the bearing, and it depends on the axle of your cranks, if you have stock cranks, you probably have a 19mm mid bb
so, i think you should try to compress it, because as far as i know, the size of that cone/spacer is universal for all MID bb's

|

12/28/2013 4:54 PM

BillyD_BMX wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

BillyD_BMX wrote:

The spacer is too long. that doesn't mean get a whole new bb. It just means get a spacer that is 2-3 mm shorter.

|

12/28/2013 4:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2013 4:56 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

BillyD_BMX wrote:

RideSmartRideSmexy wrote:

The spacer is too long. that doesn't mean get a whole new bb. It just means get a spacer that is 2-3 mm shorter.

if compressing doesn't work, just cut from the spacer the 2-3mm you need for it to fit the bearings properly

|

12/28/2013 5:17 PM

There is no way you are going to be able to cut your spacer tube perfectly at a 90 degree angle unless you have a very nice vice/guide.

I would just run it with the bearings stick out a tad. Or buy the correct size spacer...

|

12/28/2013 8:58 PM

pnj wrote:

There is no way you are going to be able to cut your spacer tube perfectly at a 90 degree angle unless you have a very nice vice/guide.

I would just run it with the bearings stick out a tad. Or buy the correct size spacer...

Unless you have access to machines. Mine was shaved down a little bit by having it thrown on a lathe and it was perfect

|

12/28/2013 10:44 PM

Cut spacer

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/29/2013 1:52 AM

Cut or even File down the spacer. Having said that it is OK for the bearings to stick out a little bit.

|

12/29/2013 8:27 AM

When i have to install bbs, i take the spindle, one cranks, the spacer and one bearing. I put the crank with the spindle tight, and the bearing of that side and the spacer. You put it on your frame, then take the other bearing and the other cranks and put them. Then, tighting that bolt the bb of the other side goes slowly in the frame. You do the same with the other side.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/29/2013 9:43 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

BillyD_BMX wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

This.

Sounds like your BB spacer is too long. Sand it down a touch. That should help.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura