Frame size.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/31/2015 7:49 PM

Ok, here is the thing, I am tiny; only 5ft 4in. I weigh less than 120lb. I was wondering what is a really dialed street frame that I could run? Between the 20" - 20.5" TT lengths. I have been looking at the Division Lanark frame the specs seem nice.

|

I am a monkey.

10/31/2015 10:00 PM

impurity HAF, but it might not be street enough for you

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

11/1/2015 12:43 AM

I'd get a 20.5 just for the extra room . I'm 5'10 and run a 20.8 and it feels good so a 20.5 should feel the same for you.

As per frame , it depends what you want . I'd say check out a Premium CK or a Fiend Reynolds and see if you wanted a more average laid back street frame or a more street specific frame with a steeper headtube and higher stand over .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/1/2015 12:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2015 12:59 AM

just a tip keep your seat tube height in mind- i mean if you wanna be able to pull off some tt cross tricks a lower seat tube can help... im about the same height and i like my standover at 8.25 or lower... the Sunday Radocaster might be a good frame for you. i was looking at that for a long time.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/1/2015 6:21 AM

The fit benny v2 has the top tube length you want, with good geometry, also has a 8.25 seat tube which helps with shorter people.

|

11/1/2015 12:48 PM

CamelOnAcid wrote:

The fit benny v2 has the top tube length you want, with good geometry, also has a 8.25 seat tube which helps with shorter people.

Second the Benny frame for sure!

If you can get a V1, I would still try and grab one of those as they are USA made and also super light!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

11/1/2015 1:03 PM

CamelOnAcid wrote:

transition_chris wrote:

If you can get a V1, I would still try and grab one of those as they are USA made and also super light!

How much would the original Benny be in CAD?

|

I am a monkey.

11/1/2015 2:49 PM

9_VoltPopcorn wrote:

Just double checked for you and it looks like all the smaller sizes are gone, so you may be out of luck on the V1.

The V2 is $449 CAD w/ free shipping and both the Black and Army Green are available in 20.5" or 20" if you want to go really small.

If you want to get a super cool S&M street frame, you could also check out the Bonesaw frame. It's Canada only, and is going to be super limited and comes in 20.5 in Gloss Black or Gloss Clear. Here's a thread I made about it:

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/S-amp-M-x-1664-Bonesaw-Frame,1305429

We've got a Red Fiend Reynolds as Brayden was recommending here in 20.5" as well if you're looking to save a few bucks. $439 CAD on that w/ Free Shipping.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder

11/1/2015 5:27 PM

transition_chris wrote:

9_VoltPopcorn wrote:

transition_chris wrote:

Just double checked for you and it looks like all the smaller sizes are gone, so you may be out of luck on the V1.

The V2 is $449 CAD w/ free shipping and both the Black and Army Green are available in 20.5" or 20" if you want to go really small.

If you want to get a super cool S&M street frame, you could also check out the Bonesaw frame. It's Canada only, and is going to be super limited and comes in 20.5 in Gloss Black or Gloss Clear. Here's a thread I made about it:

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/S-amp-M-x-1664-Bonesaw-Frame,1305429

We've got a Red Fiend Reynolds as Brayden was recommending here in 20.5" as well if you're looking to save a few bucks. $439 CAD on that w/ Free Shipping.

That Bonesaw frame sounds amazing, I might just have to get one. I am hyped that it has removable brake mounts because I run brakes(One reason why I cant ride the Benny V2, I just can't give up doing fufs). When is it going to be available?

|

I am a monkey.

11/1/2015 6:06 PM

9_VoltPopcorn wrote:

That Bonesaw frame sounds amazing, I might just have to get one. I am hyped that it has removable brake mounts because I run brakes(One reason why I cant ride the Benny V2, I just can't give up doing fufs). When is it going to be available?

We're expecting them Nov 12th.

If you want a 20.5" it may be worth putting down a deposit as there are fewer in this size vs. 20.75 or 21".

Looks super clean in person and Isaac is very happy with his.

Just shoot me an email chris@bmxtransition.com if you want one!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder