Frames

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2015 8:35 PM

I recently just snapped my wethepeople justice frame and im having a hard time looking for a new frame... im a street and park rider, i want a black frame, its gotta be strong, im 5'5, i want a 21" top tube and a 11.7 and higher bottom bracket. any suggestions????

|

7/7/2015 9:50 PM

I ride the cult sos. I really like it

|

7/7/2015 10:01 PM

The Chase Hawk or S&M ATF.

|

7/7/2015 10:08 PM

bmx eric wrote:

how long have u been riding it

|

7/8/2015 3:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2015 3:24 AM

When I see what you search, I could just send you a huge list of frames (21" is like the easiest size to find) or I can ask you want you want or not like long / mid or supershort chainstays, headtube angle..

The Cult SOS than bmx eric advise you is a street super tech oriented, 21" TT and 11.7BB but.... 13" --> 13.3" chainstays, which can be cool or not... depends on what you like (I usually ride my frame at 13.5", once I took an halflink off and i was at 13.3" (slam to 13.25") and that was funny, the bike was easy to lift up and reponsive from the back but also unstable (tends to loopout way too easy).
And also that dumb 75.5° headtube angle, except if you spend your life on your front wheel, it's useless and will make your riding scary if while hitting bowl or trails. (75° is really the great all around).

Aslo, all the Cult frames are avaible in 21" with a high BB so take a watch on them, the Hawk and Dak frames, fit what you like but with an all around headtube angle and longer chainstays (13.5" slammed).

But my absolute favorite frame to advise you is the new Mutiny Comb, it's not avaiable in 21" but 20.9" or 21.25" (or 21.5" but i think you don't care about that size).
So then, you got a perfect 74.9° headtube angle and a 11.8" Bottom Bracket coupled with the best chainstays ever, adjustable from 13.2" to 13.8" to fit what you like the most.
And it's also avaiable in black (we see the gold color everywhere with that frame).

Hope it can help you, good luck to find your perfect ride !

|

7/8/2015 5:21 AM

just gonna put it out there coz i ride it and luv it though 11.5 BB......BSD Passenger

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

7/8/2015 7:17 AM

"And also that dumb 75.5° headtube angle, except if you spend your life on your front wheel, it's useless and will make your riding scary if while hitting bowl or trails. (75° is really the great all around)."

I disagree with the statement above. I have that ht angle and it doesn't change riding trails or bowl enough to be a bother for me. That half a degree makes it a TINY bit more responsive, and the tt feel a tiny bit longer. However if you had two frames with same everything else, and that half a degree difference will MAYBE be noticeable for a little bit when initally getting on it.

Maybe it is just my personal experience going from a 74.5 to a 75.5, but it took me maybe a day to get completely comfortable. I had also replaced the fork and bars at that time.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2015 7:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2015 8:04 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

"And also that dumb 75.5 headtube angle, except if you spend your life on your front wheel, it's useless and will make your ...more

Yeah I understand what you say, I had personnaly experienced that from 74.5° to 75° and I love the 75° better because of that tiny bit more responsive so I guess it's the same deal when up to 75.5°.

But by a more general way, i don't like anything on my bike who can make feel the front end more responsive, like supersteep headtube, bar too far forward or short offset fork. (or even a too short stem, i don't like them under 50).

But even if I have never really ride a steeper angle, I had still experienced it by a different way : shorter fork offset.
Finally, it's the same thing to put more weight over the axle, by shortenning offset or steepening the head tube no ?

Starting about this info, I had try something steeper on my bike, by switching my fork with a friend for an hour from 32 to 30 offset.. two fucking millimeters but yeah it's makes a difference.
When riding around doing nothing special we just feel the steering more reactive.
I don't do nose manuals, but i have try the "plus nose pop" than shorter offset brings by nose pivot 180 and 360, whiplash, mini nose.. stuff like that and... it's a bit more front end poppy but nothing bad.
Then I had ride the bowl by the exact same way as usual and I wasn't that much confident... I mean, it's a small change and don't stop me to do anything, but I really like the plus stability of my 32mm fork (instead of 30) and since the time I wanted to try a shorter offset fork I have at least learn then I don't like them.

|

7/8/2015 8:05 AM

I run 75.5 and a roughly 11 mm offset fork (has brake mounts) and it doesn't really bother me as far as responsiveness going back to a 25mm offset. I can notice it, but I guess I adjust quickly.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/9/2015 10:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2015 10:54 PM

bmx eric wrote:

bmxer.seth wrote:

how long have u been riding it

I been riding it for about 1/2 a year but I haven't had any problems and like Francky said. It's street.

|

7/9/2015 11:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2015 11:23 PM

I have 75 ht with 13 mm offset forks and I'm deffinatly more of a transition jump rider these days then anything I want to switch to 76 ht for my next frame forsure

|