Frames

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2015 10:22 AM

Wanted to ask members here what your top favorite frames you rode and why. From the different geo and and how they felt in general.

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

7/31/2015 10:34 AM

CK or a Hoder

CK for the standard 75 HT and 13.75 CS which is good for everything and isn't too twitchy. Feels solid , still street .

Hoder for the pure fact that in spins so easily . My buddy has one and I was barely putting any effort into spinning and they still came around perfect.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/31/2015 11:48 AM

Fiend Embryo 21inch

13.75-14.something

75 ht

More stable but I can make it spin pretty good I ride street park and a bit of trails I like it for everything. Perfect Geo.

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

7/31/2015 12:08 PM

Fit mac
20.625 is a good balance between 20.5 and 20.75, nice tall standover, reasonable bsck end and headtube, and good thick tubing

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/31/2015 12:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2015 12:52 PM

BSD passenger 21.5", best frame ever to me, I come from a bsd beverage 21" which is almost the same geo but the bigger tube makes my riding wonderfully comfortable and stable. (I'm 6'1')

13.4" --> 13.8" chainstays, I usually run it at 13.5", not too sluggish or too twichy, just feels right.
I had try with one halflink less (on my beverage frame 13.2" --> 13.6" so around 13.25") and riding was fun but a bit too twichy for manuals (tends to loopout)
Talking about manuals, i don't like too long chainstays (13,75" and more) because all the tiny moves I do while manualing to balancing it becomes inefficient and makes them less controlled.

11.5" Bottom Bracket... because... I cannot really explain why but i like better the feeling of low bottom brackets.

75 headtube, the great all around i Iike it better than 74.5 but I hate when the front end of the bike is too twitchy, it can be because of a 75.5 angle / a too short offset fork (30 and under) / a too short stem (like 48mm) / or a bar too far forward.
This is why i ride a 33mm fork with a 50mm stem and my bar nearly parrallel to the fork (looks parrallel, just a tiny bit forward), also coupled with a big 2.4" tyre, still for stability.
I like my front end "sluggish" to being confident while riding fast, especially into bowls and trails. And I am absolutely not into nose tricks so it´s fully benefit.

Other than that I like a 9" standover for the look, i think the bikes with low standovers like 7.5" looks weird and weak.

(I would be curious to try the new Mutiny Comb frame in 21.5" which is the same as my Passenger with a 11.8" BB, to see what it really changes).

That´s about it to me but this thread is really a great idea, I'm curious to see who love what and why.

|

7/31/2015 1:18 PM

Of all the frames I have ever owned, either my Lacey (2012 model) or my Eastern Journey.

Both felt super good and handled a lot of use.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/31/2015 2:10 PM

Barcode

Nice, classic geometry if you like to go fast, crazy stuff, and just looks good.

Oh, and its a Barcode.

|

8/1/2015 12:58 AM

FBM "el virgino" is the best frame in the world.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/1/2015 1:55 AM

If I had to TRY any frame it's the BSD Alex D frame . Chainstay is a toothpick long haha

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/1/2015 2:00 AM

i love my impurity HAF, light, strong, spins easy and comes in sick colours

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

8/1/2015 4:03 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

If I had to TRY any frame it's the BSD Alex D frame . Chainstay is a toothpick long haha

Yeah that´s a frame I'd be curious to try to, it must be funny.
Not to ride all days tho.

|

8/1/2015 4:18 AM

my irish frame will have been riden for exactly 3 years tomorrow smile want the hoodbird next....

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

8/1/2015 8:09 AM

On my second s&m ltf and I love these frames going to replace it though this winter with something else haven't decided yet it's 6 years old

I love the way my guerra martyr rides it's similar geo to the ltf

Then third would have been my mutiny sinister frame

|

8/1/2015 11:22 AM

My 20" sunday new wave because i can spin it easy and do long manuals and fakie manuals on it. I really want another one to build. I think the specs are generic 2007. 74.5, 13.75, 11.75, idk soh lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/1/2015 11:47 AM

On my second fit flow. Nice long backend, roomy toptube, really smooth. I'd like to try a credence MOD. Or a fly Montana or something frame.

|

8/1/2015 9:50 PM

Wow! Was not expecting this to get so many replies! It's great! Thanks guys, I've been looking around for another frame and wanted to ask because not all frames are the same, are there similarities? I'm sure we can all agree there are, but vast differences as well. I wanted to ask because it does come down to personal preference, however, I wanted to ask how you guys felt to the change be it drastic or minor from the previous frames you have rode. These were great answers and definitely touched upon my previous questions. I've enjoyed reading all the replies so far. Thanks smile

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

8/3/2015 2:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2015 2:20 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

On my second fit flow. Nice long backend, roomy toptube, really smooth. I'd like to try a credence MOD. Or a fly Montana or something frame.

Thank you! I too was on my second Flow frame from '05 (OG wishbone CS) up until the end of last year when I decided I wanted a Mac for more street/park riding. I briefly had a Series 2 after my first Flow got stolen, but that was more or less the same frame with a euro bb and regular non-integrated headset, or the Flow's predecessor if you will. I still have the Flow tho as I'm planning on building it up again for trail use! Gotta say tho for a Taiwan made frame, it's taken some heavy abuse such as getting hucked in various parks and casing dirt jumps(right in the middle, usually causing front triangle cracks on other frames), and has remained solid thru it all. And to be honest, sad thing is it felt like the tubes had alot less flex than my Mac, which still irritates me to think about now. I noticed it immediately when I switched and it's always in the back of my mind when I go to hit a gap or stairset and I hate that feeling. Other than that, I was also looking into the Credence MOD and the aftermarket VH3, but couldn't pass up the deal I got and wanted to try out a 75 headtube and shorter rear end anyways

|

8/4/2015 3:28 AM

what do you think about the fit wifi? im thinking of getting one (for street mostly and some park maybe)

|