Frames

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2008 9:29 AM

I was wondering what the difference is between Sanko tubing and 4130 chromoly and which is stronger (basically I want to know the difference between the volume ends and fit hawk, but don't just say the fit is better cause you like fit more than volume)

|

11/26/2008 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:46 PM

I'm calling it right now...you're going to get a lot of trend jump on the bandwagon idiots on here that are gonna be like "Sanko sucks dick" and leave it at that. But don't listen to them. They don't know what they're talking about.


Sanko IS 4130. 4130 is composed of mostly iron (something like 96%), and a few other metals that are mixed in with it that really are the backbone of the alloy. Sanko and Supertherm are both 4130. 4130 describes the alloy...Sanko and Supertherm describe where the alloy was produced. Sanko is made in Japan. Supertherm (S&M) is made in the United States. Both are very high quality alloys that meet the standards to be called 4130 chromoly.


You will get a lot of people saying that Sanko dents easily, and while it is true that it seems that Sanko frames tend to dent more easily, this is not because of the alloy. This is because of the design of the frame by manufacturer, who specify what type of tubing to use on their bikes. If they want super thin tubing to make it lightweight, the Sanko manufacturers in Japan say okeydokey. If it dents easily, that's the manufacturer's fault. Same with Supertherm tubing made by S&M.


So in summary, both the Volume and the Fit are made with Sanko 4130 tubing. So none of the above matters to you. I just wanted to get it out of my system.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

11/26/2008 10:25 AM

thanks for your help man

|

11/26/2008 10:34 AM

ok im guessing the hawk frame is super super thing tubing ive seen so many pictures with that thing all beat up more then any other frame

the ends seems like its stronger then hell
that frame is awesome

|

11/26/2008 10:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:46 PM

yeager88 wrote:

thanks for your help man

No problem bro...and trickbiker169, you are correct in that the hawk is made with very thin tubing...same with the S&M LTF.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

11/27/2008 3:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:46 PM

trickbiker169 wrote:

ok im guessing the hawk frame is super super thing tubing ive seen so many pictures with that thing all beat up more then any other frame

the ends seems like its stronger then hell
that frame is awesome

the hawk frame was a very bad design by fit/s&m sanko is ok it those dent easily but from what that guy says its true th company has fault to it i mean fit/s&m have lifetime warranty on there frames for a reason you know but 4130 chromo is what i prefer its stronger to me

|

Official Supporter of the Outlaws MC World.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

2/26/2011 6:01 PM

tibug wrote:

I'm calling it right now...you're going to get a lot of trend jump on the bandwagon idiots on here that are gonna be like "Sanko sucks dick" and leave it at that. But don't listen to them. They don't know what they're talking about.


Sanko IS 4130. 4130 is composed of mostly iron (something like 96%), and a few other metals that are mixed in with it that really are the backbone of the alloy. Sanko and Supertherm are both 4130. 4130 describes the alloy...Sanko and Supertherm describe where the alloy was produced. Sanko is made in Japan. Supertherm (S&M) is made in the United States. Both are very high quality alloys that meet the standards to be called 4130 chromoly.


You will get a lot of people saying that Sanko dents easily, and while it is true that it seems that Sanko frames tend to dent more easily, this is not because of the alloy. This is because of the design of the frame by manufacturer, who specify what type of tubing to use on their bikes. If they want super thin tubing to make it lightweight, the Sanko manufacturers in Japan say okeydokey. If it dents easily, that's the manufacturer's fault. Same with Supertherm tubing made by S&M.


So in summary, both the Volume and the Fit are made with Sanko 4130 tubing. So none of the above matters to you. I just wanted to get it out of my system.

S&M does not make Supertherm tubing, it comes from True Temper.

|

5/16/2011 7:57 PM

tibug wrote:

I'm calling it right now...you're going to get a lot of trend jump on the bandwagon idiots on here that are gonna be like "Sanko sucks dick" and leave it at that. But don't listen to them. They don't know what they're talking about.


Sanko IS 4130. 4130 is composed of mostly iron (something like 96%), and a few other metals that are mixed in with it that really are the backbone of the alloy. Sanko and Supertherm are both 4130. 4130 describes the alloy...Sanko and Supertherm describe where the alloy was produced. Sanko is made in Japan. Supertherm (S&M) is made in the United States. Both are very high quality alloys that meet the standards to be called 4130 chromoly.


You will get a lot of people saying that Sanko dents easily, and while it is true that it seems that Sanko frames tend to dent more easily, this is not because of the alloy. This is because of the design of the frame by manufacturer, who specify what type of tubing to use on their bikes. If they want super thin tubing to make it lightweight, the Sanko manufacturers in Japan say okeydokey. If it dents easily, that's the manufacturer's fault. Same with Supertherm tubing made by S&M.


So in summary, both the Volume and the Fit are made with Sanko 4130 tubing. So none of the above matters to you. I just wanted to get it out of my system.

fuckin right thanks man you just totaly answered my question

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

5/16/2011 7:58 PM

tibug wrote:

I'm calling it right now...you're going to get a lot of trend jump on the bandwagon idiots on here that are gonna be like "Sanko sucks dick" and leave it at that. But don't listen to them. They don't know what they're talking about.


Sanko IS 4130. 4130 is composed of mostly iron (something like 96%), and a few other metals that are mixed in with it that really are the backbone of the alloy. Sanko and Supertherm are both 4130. 4130 describes the alloy...Sanko and Supertherm describe where the alloy was produced. Sanko is made in Japan. Supertherm (S&M) is made in the United States. Both are very high quality alloys that meet the standards to be called 4130 chromoly.


You will get a lot of people saying that Sanko dents easily, and while it is true that it seems that Sanko frames tend to dent more easily, this is not because of the alloy. This is because of the design of the frame by manufacturer, who specify what type of tubing to use on their bikes. If they want super thin tubing to make it lightweight, the Sanko manufacturers in Japan say okeydokey. If it dents easily, that's the manufacturer's fault. Same with Supertherm tubing made by S&M.


So in summary, both the Volume and the Fit are made with Sanko 4130 tubing. So none of the above matters to you. I just wanted to get it out of my system.

bricerbmx wrote:

fuckin right thanks man you just totaly answered my question

Why bring back a nearly two year old thread?

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

5/16/2011 8:00 PM

B.M.X wrote:

Why bring back a nearly two year old thread?

didnt realise it was that old until after i commented i was trying to figure out if supertherm was better than chromoly and now i know

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun