Frames and Forks

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2013 9:17 PM

I have two questions.
1. How can I prevent my dropouts on my forks from bending? I'm going to be getting some Sunday octave forks here in a little, and I would like to know if I need certain things between my nuts and pegs and dropouts. My current setup is hub, dropout, washer, peg, washer, then a male nut. I'm gonna be switching to female hubs as well. So any advice on how to not bend my dropouts other than ease up on the grinds? I'm trying to learn icepicks and sometimes slam down on the front peg. But that's only happened a few times.

2. I'm planning on getting a new frame as well. The Sunday sound wave. My current frame is a standard headset, so when I order my new frame which is an integrated headset, would I need to order new bearings and such with it? Or would that come with the frame? I'm fairly new and still learning about headsets.

|

10/9/2013 9:21 PM

Need new headset with your new frame, and possibly a new bottom bracket depending on what you currently have now. What frame do you have now? or do you know what BB size it is?

As for the forks, you're not gonna bend the Sunday dropouts. They'll be fine and you have warranty if need be. Also, it should go hub > dropout > peg > washer >bolt/nut.

the washer always goes either in between the dropout & the axle nut/bolt, or in between the peg & the axle nut/bolt

|

10/9/2013 9:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Need new headset with your new frame, and possibly a new bottom bracket depending on what you currently have now. What frame do you have now? or do you know what BB size it is?

As for the forks, you're not gonna bend the Sunday dropouts. They'll be fine and you have warranty if need be. Also, it should go hub > dropout > peg > washer >bolt/nut.

the washer always goes either in between the dropout & the axle nut/bolt, or in between the peg & the axle nut/bolt

The bottom bracket is the same. And alright. I'll do that. As for the forks, I dont have the Sunday ones yet. I just wanted to know how I could prevent them from bending. The ones I have now, the dropouts are pretty bad.

|

10/9/2013 9:47 PM

mastersparks117 wrote:

The bottom bracket is the same. And alright. I'll do that. As for the forks, I dont have the Sunday ones yet. I just wanted to know how I could prevent them from bending. The ones I have now, the dropouts are pretty bad.

Chances are if your dropouts are bent, your front axle is as well. check that when you can. As for not bending them anymore, the only way to prevent that is to not grind on them. Getting smoother grinds would help make them last a bit longer, but if they're already really bent then it probably won't do any good

|

10/10/2013 12:30 PM

You shouldnt have a washer inbetwewn the peg and dropout

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx