Frankenstem

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2015 4:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2015 4:20 PM

So I was messing around and got the idea for this frankenstem. It's a OE fit dlt base and a split shadow strike faceplate. The strike base was stripped beyond reasonable repair and the fit face plate is yet to be found. So yeah I came up with this. I'll let you know it rides if nice weather ever comes or if I get to an indoor. And it'll be getting a fresh paintjob

Photo

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

1/22/2015 4:23 PM

Nice!

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

1/22/2015 5:05 PM

In true frankenstem nature, you should leave it looking the way it is. Maybe you'll start a trend that replaces oil slick parts.

|

1/22/2015 5:06 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Nice!

Brandon please tell me that is your camaro. No doubt my favorite body style. Looks sick.

|

1/22/2015 6:09 PM

That actually looks pretty nice. It deserves a polish.

|

1/22/2015 6:45 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

That actually looks pretty nice. It deserves a polish.

Been working on it. Here's some pics of it on the bars and the sanding so far. And one side needs a bit more filing.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/22/2015 7:13 PM

I did this with my Madera and Lil Redneck the other night.

The faceplate was broken on my mast stem (my dad tried to put it on my brothers bike and cracked it doing it wrong!!!) and I just took the split plate from the lil redneck and the madera bolts and it turned out pretty neat.

I'll try to upload a pic in a minute but i may wait til i sand/or paint it so it's not so fugly.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/22/2015 7:21 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I did this with my Madera and Lil Redneck the other night.

The faceplate was broken on my mast stem (my dad tried to put it ...more

Do it. It's always sweet to ride something no one else has

|

1/22/2015 7:27 PM

I was gonna do this with my Primo faceplate and put on my Cult stem just cause the Cult looked too plain for my liking, but it didn't fit.

The faceplate on that Shadow stem was the only good thing about the whole stem, the body of it was terrible. Broke 2 of them.

|

1/22/2015 7:35 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I was gonna do this with my Primo faceplate and put on my Cult stem just cause the Cult looked too plain for my liking, but it ...more

I know. That body was terrible. The face plate was only long enough for the fit body, not wide enough though. That's where the split idea came into play

|

1/23/2015 7:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2015 7:26 AM

BlisterGypsy wrote:

Brandon please tell me that is your camaro. No doubt my favorite body style. Looks sick.

This is his, He's looking for a Third gen maybe this summer but he doesn't know for sure what he wants yet lol very indecisive.
Photo

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

1/23/2015 7:24 AM

^broken

|

1/23/2015 8:54 AM

Looks like a decent stem to me.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/23/2015 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2015 10:01 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Nice!

BlisterGypsy wrote:

Kokxxy wrote:

This is his, He's looking for a Third gen maybe this summer but he doesn't know for sure what he wants yet lol very ...more

Why he wants a turd gen I will never know. I like the f body it's just a auto which is kinda gay but idk he gotta good deal I would have jumped on it also. I kinda want a 3rd gen firebird but for now I'm done with gm. I want to get a hardbody or a miata now but I have the same problem with not making my mind up on cars lol.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/27/2015 1:34 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Nice!

BlisterGypsy wrote:

Kokxxy wrote:

This is his, He's looking for a Third gen maybe this summer but he doesn't know for sure what he wants yet lol very ...more

LOL yea ive seen a car just like that! it lost to a honda civic with 200 horse power. yea v8 the engine that wold lose to a can of v8 tomato juice! gay! alot of torque for no reason but to be passed up by a ricer. v8 is garbage. only sounds decent but rev it up to high and boom the shit car will take a shit.

|

1/27/2015 1:45 PM

You shoulda left the stem like that, looked like a legit frankenstem like that

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/5/2015 9:58 AM

thenewb187 wrote:

LOL yea ive seen a car just like that! it lost to a honda civic with 200 horse power. yea v8 the engine that wold lose to a ...more

What the fuck did I just read? torque for no reason? Stay in school. Stem is sweet

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/5/2015 10:33 AM

ive totally mixed and matched parts that were only partially good before lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/5/2015 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 1:33 PM

thenewb187 wrote:

LOL yea ive seen a car just like that! it lost to a honda civic with 200 horse power. yea v8 the engine that wold lose to a ...more

I'll agree with you its from an era of cars that were fairly slow to todays standards, but not THAT slow.

The two manufacturers I know the most about are Honda & GM Lmfao, i drive a 95 Camaro and an 06 civic and i can tell you without a doubt which is better in terms of performance.

Also, I've had my car up to 7k by accident (no limiter due to tune prior to my ownership) and it still runs as good as it did prior, not to say it was a great thing to do for it though.

Speaking on Honda Vs GM they're completely separate companies focused on two completely different things and year by year Honda has never released anything but the NSX that could compete with whatever Gm's Muscle car was that year stock for stock in a straight line.

If you wanted to compare, the fastest 0-60 of any production civic is around 5.8 (different sources will always have slightly different numbers) while a 6spd 95 lt1 was 5.6 nearly 20 years ago when it was a big deal in performance. Now cars have double the power and have highly advanced everything. The only way to compare in my eyes is to compare cars that are from the same timeframe and class, like an lt1 fbody vs a 4.6 or 5.0 sn95 mustang in which theres a clear statistical winner (z28), but in the real world, road conditions, how much wear the cars have taken and driver skill all come into play.

|

Instagram

2/5/2015 1:08 PM

Did you paint the stem yet? I kind of want to see how it'll look bruhh

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 2:09 PM

Kokxxy wrote:

thenewb187 wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I'll agree with you its from an era of cars that were fairly slow to todays standards, but not THAT slow.

The two ...more

I see the issue. It's the Camaro. It is by far the UGLIEST body style for a Camaro. PERIOD.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/5/2015 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 3:30 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I see the issue. It's the Camaro. It is by far the UGLIEST body style for a Camaro. PERIOD.

You know, people used to say Thirdgens were ugly as fuck. I'll agree they aren't the sexiest cars on the road but they look better than most cars to me. I hated the way Fourth gens looked until i saw a red one with red fiberglass hardtop and matching red and charcoal interior, i think late second gens are the ugliest of all, different strokes for different folks, plenty of people who are way older than you like it and the younger people usually hate it.

You can't say this is ugly
Photo

Photo

When you owned these
Photo

Photo

|

Instagram

2/5/2015 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 3:32 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

The two ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

You know, people used to say Thirdgens were ugly as fuck. I'll agree they aren't the sexiest cars on the road but they look ...more

Better be careful or Daveo Cutlass over here might drop the ban hammer on ya, sure as hell aint dropping no hammer in either of them cars

|