Freaking Seat Busted

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2016 11:03 AM

Bought this new bike, I take it out of the garage, and the seat starts spinning. I'm like, what the heck? So I try to tighten it. Won't tighten. I swirl it around trying to figure out what happened, and the seat popped off. So I took it to Chenga (bike shop I bought it from) and asked if they could fix it. They said they have never seen that happen, ever. So they told me to email Verde. So I'll be riding seat less pretty muchPhoto

|

9/10/2016 11:38 AM

I've seen that happen with cheap seat posts usually off stock bikes. Just buy a new seat post. I doubt Verde will do much about it but can't hurt to ask I suppose

|

9/10/2016 1:14 PM

Verde just messaged me back and said a new seat post will be sent out on Monday!

|

9/10/2016 1:42 PM

Any good ideas for sprocket color and pedal color? I'm buying gum colored grips. I'm thinking white sprocket (possibly the cobra one from dans comp or one from bike store) and maybe just keep black pedals?

|

9/12/2016 9:18 AM

Why wouldn't the bike shop email Verde on your behalf? Doesn't sound like good after sale service!?

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

9/12/2016 10:52 AM

Oldguyjon wrote:

Why wouldn't the bike shop email Verde on your behalf? Doesn't sound like good after sale service!?

This.

The shop I was in would take care of the contact between buyer and brand/supplier to clear up warranty issues. (We actually had a warranty person who we would contact, and they would forward to the merchants to clear up-she had a lot of pull with the brands).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2016 12:13 PM

Oldguyjon wrote:

Danscomp pulls this crap. I had orders where parts come defective straight from the box, never used.. and when calling them about it, they refuse the return and tell ya to contact the company about warranty/replacement.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/12/2016 12:39 PM

jb weld that bitch back in

|

It’s all bmx

9/12/2016 1:34 PM

Well, Verde messaged me back and said new seat post is on its way. So, I shall see. I know, I was pretty ticked they wouldn't do the contact through the store

|

9/13/2016 1:20 PM

Aye! someone from Cleveland on here!

|

9/13/2016 3:31 PM

That's encouraging re Verde! Cool of them

Re: Dans, I would expect them to act like the retailer and help handle it, since that's like, why retailers exist. Otherwise we'd all order straight from the factory. It's kinda part of the retailer deal tongue

Then again, certain products even from big brick & mortar stores the product instructions will say, contact US, NOT the retailer. I think vacuums are that way... But not sure how that's decided

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

9/14/2016 6:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2016 6:42 AM

sultzer27 wrote:

Aye! someone from Cleveland on here!

Yeah bro! I haven't had much time to ride around thiugh. Dang college. First year student tongue

What part of Cleveland you from?

|

9/14/2016 3:28 PM

T-MAN05 wrote:

Yeah bro! I haven't had much time to ride around thiugh. Dang college. First year student tongue

What part of Cleveland you from?

From Oberlin, but i go to Rays in the winter quite a bit. Not sure if you know where Oberlin is but its about 40 minutes west of cleveland

|

9/14/2016 7:10 PM

i would tape it for the mean time like hella tape. don't buy cheap meaningless stuff for your bike, just buy whacha need. when your back wheel starts skipping you'll want every bit of that money back lol. some parts cost a pretty penny. i mean when your pedals go replace em, but i've been riding the same plastic pedals for 2 years lmao. if you really stick with it over the years your bike will indefinitely become your own, no need to rush it.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/15/2016 2:32 PM

Got the seat post (Looks sweet!) today along with a green rag with Verde's logo all over it and some stickers. I'll upload pics tomorrow or tonight when I get a chance.

|

9/16/2016 8:24 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/16/2016 8:25 AM

Not the best quality of pics, I was in a rush. But, there they are

|

9/16/2016 3:56 PM

That's cool dude

|