Free bike!! //// Demolition axle question

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2013 8:28 PM

So there's this super chill scooter rider in my town, who is insane at riding a scooter. Talk shit all you want, but this kid is good. He scoots around with us sometimes and will ride one of our bikes and just from riding at random times he can already 180, flat 360, full cab, smith grind, tuck no hander, tire grab, and even landed a barspin the other day.

He always talked about getting a bike but his dad wouldn't pay for one so my friend & I last night gathered some spare shit together and today at work (I work at a bike shop) I built it up. Not a bad build and is fairly light too. He's already pretty comfortable with it as you can see

Photo

he was pretty stoked when we took him to a spot, and were like "we'll be right back, gotta go fix something on our bikes" and bring the bike to him

Photo

Now the build itself

Photo

Photo

Frame: Stolen Stereo 2008, 20.5tt, full chromoly I THINK from what I looked up
Fork: Sunday Night
Bars: Colony Bull
Grips: Subrosa Villicus v2
Barends: Animal PC
Stem: Eastern stock
Headset: Animal w/ standard-to-integrated cups pressed into the frame!
Seat: Mission Pivotal
Clamp: Shadow Alfred
Cranks: Redline Flight/Proline, idk which version, 3 piece
BB: Random bearings & hardware
Sprocket: Mosh 25t
Pedals: Animal Hamilton PC
Chain: Pieced together out of 2 different Shadow half-links & a Cult half-link
Front Wheel: Sealed stock, 14mm, 48h & single wall ):
Back Wheel: Demolition Anorexia cassette laced to a stock Mission rim with Shadow spokes, 9t driver, 36h, also single wall ):
Tires: Shadow Belter 1.95 front/Animal GLH-R 1.95 rear
Pegs: Random one in the front, working on getting him 3 more cause he wants to ride 4
Hub Guards: FBM, not pictured since I couldn't get it on the hub since it's pretty rigged haha
Weight: 24 & a half!

Now for my question about the axle.. Does anyone know if the Demolition axle will fit in an Odyssey Hazard cassette? His hub's making funny noises cause I had to completely rebuild it and some of the parts were pretty beat up so I figure that's why.. But our one friend has an Odyssey rear hub with a snapped axle he'd give him to use so we're just gonna try putting that on it with the Demolition axle but does anyone know if it'll fit? We're gonna try it anyway but just seeing if anyone's done it before

|

8/31/2013 8:37 PM

I'm about to do this. I have all the parts, but no scooter rider would even be grateful for that matter.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

8/31/2013 8:40 PM

Broughton wrote:

I'm about to do this. I have all the parts, but no scooter rider would even be grateful for that matter.

this one was, he was so pumped he ditched riding his scooter the rest of the day and went riding with us getting used to his bike haha

|

8/31/2013 8:43 PM

hell yea man, that was super nice of you guys! looks like a pretty solid bike!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/31/2013 8:48 PM

I don't think so. I tried a Demolition driver in an Odyssey/Joytech hub and it didn't work. And I noticed hardware and bearings and all were different as well.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/31/2013 8:51 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I don't think so. I tried a Demolition driver in an Odyssey/Joytech hub and it didn't work. And I noticed hardware and ...more

I got the Demolition driver to fit in an Odyssey hub before, it was a tight fit though..

|

8/31/2013 9:05 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I don't think so. I tried a Demolition driver in an Odyssey/Joytech hub and it didn't work. And I noticed hardware and ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I got the Demolition driver to fit in an Odyssey hub before, it was a tight fit though..

My Demolition driver was smaller than the driver area, lol. All I remember is taking an o-ring and adding it to my Anorexia hub to mod it so the driver wouldn't seize up so bad.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/31/2013 9:13 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

My Demolition driver was smaller than the driver area, lol. All I remember is taking an o-ring and adding it to my Anorexia ...more

I tried that with his.. Didn't stop the funny noises, it sounded like an unsealed wheel with busted bearings.
1 of the pawls didn't seem to be retracting right so it might have something to do with that but it also makes the noises when he's manualing, so it's definitely something in the internals. idk I'll tear it apart tomorrow and take a look if the axle doesn't fit the Odyssey

|

9/1/2013 1:55 AM

Yeew! Good shit! Our crew did the same thing of Frankensteining a bike after one of our dudes got his bike stolen. We ended up getting his original bike back because the fuckin idiot who took it rode it at our local. Too bad he's quit riding now.

|

9/1/2013 3:51 AM

Nice1... one less scooter kid in the world

Good job

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/1/2013 7:32 PM

Update!

The demolition axle fit perfectly!

but when changing it and trying to figure out why his hub was making noises, I found 1 of the pawls is chipped and sometimes skips.. no biggie though, I have 4 spares at the shop from another driver.

ALSO! We stopped by our friends house who gave us the Odyssey hub and he hooked him up with a Fit BF stem, OLDD Odyssey Vandero v1 hub laced to a Sun Rhynolite rim with alternating green & black spokes (looks good on his bike since it has green parts!) and $20 for a Fit Eddie v1 frame, has some miles on it for sure but hey, $20 for it was sweet!

Gonna surprise him tomorrow, he learned manual 180s tonight and feeble grind to 180 in a matter of seriously 2 minutes. kid's good.

|

9/1/2013 7:39 PM

That's awesome man!!!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/1/2013 8:05 PM

this is the kind of stuff that makes me love the bmx family.. when we arent fighting about whos the best street rider/ other stupid things we make some pretty cool stuff happen!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

9/1/2013 11:44 PM

You guys are ridiculously nice. I hope this kid really appreciates this. It looks like a nice build!

|

9/2/2013 8:20 AM

Good deed of the day xD. nice job man, id be stoked

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

9/2/2013 2:34 PM

Damn man I know a guy with the exact same story, he's sponsored now.
But he started scooting cause he couldn't afford a bike.
BAck in the day he teached me how to 180 disaster haha.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"