Free coasters on the rise

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2013 6:59 PM

Alot of riders have been converting over to freecoasters also alot of companies are coming out with them, i think that they are going to be the next big thing what do you guys think

|

8/31/2013 7:11 PM

I call bullshit on that

|

8/31/2013 7:12 PM

Yep, this is gonna be good. I think that freecoasters, plus a gyro brake system and 4 pegs would be sweet!! I think that most riders would be so cool if the coasters really blew up. Dare i say it, Chad Kerley would be watchable with a coaster. I think he uploaded a video of him riding one and it looked actually good... haha i saw Aaron Ross on one a few times, idk what the deal with that is tho. I think Dugan would be insane with one.. imagine him boosting a jump and doing a 180 and instead of using a cassette, he could probably do giant half cabs too!! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/31/2013 8:10 PM

Ill stick to cassette. Personally, I can't ride chainless, can't even horse hop. I tend to crank a little with everything I do and I never noticed it till I rode chainless. I ccouldn't ride with all the slack

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/31/2013 8:26 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Ill stick to cassette. Personally, I can't ride chainless, can't even horse hop. I tend to crank a little with everything I do ...more

you can get some with hardly any slack

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

9/1/2013 7:26 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yep, this is gonna be good. I think that freecoasters, plus a gyro brake system and 4 pegs would be sweet!! I think that most ...more

Mike Aitken did this with a cassette a bunch of times. Solid.

As to coasters, I think a lot of people are trying them out, realizing they can be fun, and it changes the way you ride things to a certain degree. You look a lot more towards fakies, and different things to do with them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/1/2013 7:48 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yep, this is gonna be good. I think that freecoasters, plus a gyro brake system and 4 pegs would be sweet!! I think that most ...more

That shits all fun and games, until your freecoaster catches.
Then your fucked.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/1/2013 8:01 AM

I think coasters are cool, and at some point in the future, will probably run one on a wheel set. I didn't get to the Odyssey 48h wheel kit before they sold out, unfortunately, but that's life. Flip has one in this edit and makes it look fun and simple to ride with one.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/1/2013 9:06 AM

what's the diference of a freecoaster? i know you dont need to pedal backwards , what more?

|

9/1/2013 9:41 AM

bernardo.costa.12139 wrote:

what's the diference of a freecoaster? i know you dont need to pedal backwards , what more?

They are dead silent, you have to get used to it not engaging right away, they used to be really unreliable and as of right now they are mildly unreliable, but you gotta work on em a lot. They are fat.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/1/2013 9:42 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

FuckYoCult wrote:

Then your fucked.

Haha yeah... i mean it doesnt happen normally, but i have had that happen before and i was fine. I just basically looped out.

|

9/1/2013 11:46 AM

I just tried a freecoaster today I bought a rush v2 off a guy really cheap to try it out it just has way to much slack would take some getting use to.

|

9/1/2013 12:01 PM

i think i'll keep the cassete smile

|

9/1/2013 4:47 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Then your fucked.

That why i run max slack, gives me a ton of room so if my feet move a little the hub doesn't engage, now if you run minimal slack you run a bigger risk of engaging the hub and getting thrown off

|

9/1/2013 4:52 PM

So pretty much if you pedal backwards it engages?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/1/2013 4:56 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

So pretty much if you pedal backwards it engages?

Backwards disengages it. If you land with more weight on your front foot or something and you have very little slack it will engage the hub and act pretty much like a cassette when going backwards

|

9/1/2013 5:05 PM

It's horrible in skateparks!!! Kids can't hear you coming!!! I saw a kid with one yesterday and the slack was unreal. I could not ride that shit. I'm from the Wu-Tang generation... I like Killer Bee's Buzzing

|

9/1/2013 6:41 PM

I hate the slack in the engagement I'm fine with backpedaling ........only coaster rider who interests me is Kelly Bolton he does some wild shit

|