Free coster broke help me

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2017 1:32 AM

Hello so I bought this coster of my friend awhile ago and it was in decent condition it was a merritt one and I recently swap my frames now this is my problem and I was wondering if someone can help me fix it when I go to put my back wheel on I tighten one bolt but it tightens up both sides that's one of the problem then when I tighten it up right and my chains tight my cranks don't wanna move one bit but when I tighten it alittle my cranks move but my chain gets either supper lose right away I love my coster and was wondering what I can do to fix this problem without haven to spen 300$ on a new one
|

7/26/2017 1:37 AM

Sounds like the wheel is moving as you tighten it? Could be a few things, bent axle, bent dropouts, bent frame, out of dish wheel. Or it could be as simple as just needing a washer to help the bolt grip the dropout to stop it moving. If both bolts tighten at the same time that could be a dodgy thread or bent axle.

Either way, with a little patience you should still be able to put your wheel in straight and have the chain tension you want

|

7/26/2017 2:15 AM

I'm looking st my the end of my frame and the left side were you slide the wheel into is a little bent what should I do right now to fix this

|

7/26/2017 10:21 AM

I bet your front sprocket isn't on right. You did something wrong. Take it apart and try again. Not exactly sure what your asking so sorry.

|

7/26/2017 11:16 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

I bet your front sprocket isn't on right. You did something wrong. Take it apart and try again. Not exactly sure what your ...more

Best. Advice. Ever.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/26/2017 11:28 AM

Ultimately, without seeing it, it is hard for us to determine what the issue is-BUT one bolt is clearly gripping the axle and spinning it, causing the other side to tighten as well.

Try tightening the bolt that doesn't turn the axle first.

Add a washer to give the wheel a better chance at not moving.

Hit up a local shop.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura