Free sunglasses coming soon...

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2012 9:02 AM

Hey guys just wanted to let you know we are branching off into another company, Detour Sunglasses. We will be doing a lot of giveaways via Facebook and Instagram once we get enough followers. To stay updated on giveaways and what not follow our facebook page facebook.com/detoursunglasses and our instagram @detoursunglasses. Our website is still in the works but you can check out our store page at shop.detoursunglasses.com

Use code VitalBMX10 for 10% off all orders smile

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

9/14/2012 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2012 9:11 AM

look like cheap Ray Ban knockoffs, not exactly digging the frame shape either because it KINDA looks like they're going for the Oakley Frogskin/Holbrook design but then something happened and the lenses rounded off....look like flea market sunglasses but HEY! I'm not in their R&D department.

cool that you're giving them away, i'll stick with my BrOakleys tho.

|

9/14/2012 9:17 AM

sbc785 wrote:

look like cheap Ray Ban knockoffs, not exactly digging the frame shape either because it KINDA looks like they're going for the Oakley Frogskin/Holbrook design but then something happened and the lenses rounded off....look like flea market sunglasses but HEY! I'm not in their R&D department.

cool that you're giving them away, i'll stick with my BrOakleys tho.

If you can afford the $200 price tag on Ray Bans more power to ya

|

9/14/2012 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2012 9:25 AM

Most Ray Bans are around $130, the Polarized Ray Bans are around $200....even the Ray Ban Wayfarer's are pretty cheap considering they're "high-quality" sunglasses. I have a strong feeling these Detour sunglasses are just gonna be the same shit you see on the racks at Zumiez. I'd rather spend my money knowing i have quality protecting my eyes instead of something i can buy for 2 pairs for $15 at a flea market.
Like i said, it's cool you're giving them away for now, but once your marketing for them is done, how much are they gonna be? What protection do the lenses offer besides 15% UV protection (jk), etc. I'd like to know those details because if they were cheap i'd pick a pair up, i collect sunglasses for the most part and i'd like to ad a new brand to my collection.

Also, i don't wear Ray Bans, i wear Oakleys and ESS, i need something that will protect my eyes and i don't think Ray Ban has the strength i'm looking for.

|

9/14/2012 9:36 AM

sbc785 wrote:

Most Ray Bans are around $130, the Polarized Ray Bans are around $200....even the Ray Ban Wayfarer's are pretty cheap considering they're "high-quality" sunglasses. I have a strong feeling these Detour sunglasses are just gonna be the same shit you see on the racks at Zumiez. I'd rather spend my money knowing i have quality protecting my eyes instead of something i can buy for 2 pairs for $15 at a flea market.
Like i said, it's cool you're giving them away for now, but once your marketing for them is done, how much are they gonna be? What protection do the lenses offer besides 15% UV protection (jk), etc. I'd like to know those details because if they were cheap i'd pick a pair up, i collect sunglasses for the most part and i'd like to ad a new brand to my collection.

Also, i don't wear Ray Bans, i wear Oakleys and ESS, i need something that will protect my eyes and i don't think Ray Ban has the strength i'm looking for.

The lenses are all UV400 protection which filter out 99-100% of UVA and UVB. Lens are also impact resistant (have all the tests they had to pass with the FDA)

As far as pricing the neon green model (screen printed logo, plastic hinges, silver mirror lens) are $17 each

The other models shown ( spring hinges, chrome emblem logo, custom frame colors, multiple lens color options, laser engraved logo on lens) are all $28 and polarized are $35

You add on the discount code we gave you guys and they range from $15- $31

All prices/ colorways are available at shop.detoursunglasses.com

|

9/14/2012 9:43 AM

$35 for polarized? Yeah, i'll end up getting a pair or 2.

|

9/14/2012 9:51 AM

sbc785 wrote:

I always thought Oakley and Ray Ban had the same protection because they are both owned by Luxottica, I've never read into it though.

|

9/14/2012 9:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2012 9:59 AM

nope, we did tests between Oakley, Rayban, Scott and Smith...Oakley was the only one that passed multiple shrapnel tests, none of the other companies passed at all. Luxottica is a distributor, Oakley makes all of their own shit, you should see their factory in California, it's insane.

join the omatter.com website if you can, it's cool as hell (i get all my shit for 50% off just for being a member)

|

9/14/2012 12:44 PM

Glasses look really good man! keep it up i will most likely be snagging a pair.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/14/2012 12:59 PM

are you guys releasing them in women's as well? My wife likes the 2nd pair you posted but she has an Asian nose and sunglasses fit her weird.

|

9/14/2012 7:28 PM

followed cmfa and detour on instagram. lol^

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

9/14/2012 11:51 PM

free or just discounted they're dope

|

9/16/2012 3:39 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Glasses look really good man! keep it up i will most likely be snagging a pair.

Thanks man!

|

9/16/2012 3:41 PM

sbc785 wrote:

are you guys releasing them in women's as well? My wife likes the 2nd pair you posted but she has an Asian nose and sunglasses fit her weird.

Right now we don't really have any plans of it but possibly down the road!

|

9/16/2012 3:41 PM

she wants a free pair....she said she'll even like your page

|

9/16/2012 3:42 PM

Kyle_Marston wrote:

free or just discounted they're dope

Right now just discounted. Once we get more people on the Facebook page we will be doing contests for free ones.

|

9/16/2012 4:13 PM

The glasses themselves look really sick and I like the photography with the skyline in the background. I'm considering picking up a polarized pair after you do the giveaway(s) if I don't win. Are there going to be any lenses that are polarized but not "smoked" like they all are now. Like any mirror or etc. polarized? Also just curious, are they made in the US?

|

Refs: element4all, kroller

9/16/2012 5:06 PM

Really like the glasses, I like the Yoga Pants though(; haha
I like the Street Team idea though, great way to get the word around.

|

Follow me on Instagram! @marlozorman

9/17/2012 2:50 PM

SIRE wrote:

The glasses themselves look really sick and I like the photography with the skyline in the background. I'm considering picking up a polarized pair after you do the giveaway(s) if I don't win. Are there going to be any lenses that are polarized but not "smoked" like they all are now. Like any mirror or etc. polarized? Also just curious, are they made in the US?

Right now just smoked polarized. They are not made in the US. As much as we would like to keep everything manufactured here it is just not really possible. For the amount of customization on them if we made them here we would have to jack the prices way up.

|

9/30/2012 10:23 PM

Contest is up on our facebook page facebook.com/detoursunglasses

|

9/30/2012 10:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2012 10:32 PM

Yay, my Terrible One sunglasses have been broken and I didn't really feel like buying another pair till' I saw these.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/30/2012 10:34 PM

done :3

|

9/30/2012 11:31 PM

those are some pretty sick looking glasses... normally i dont wear em but i think i might pick up a pair if i dont win

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

10/1/2012 8:49 PM

Awesome! Good luck guys!

|