Freecoast Hub on FGFS?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2014 11:52 AM

Has anyone seen or heard of a freecoast hub or coaster freewheel on Fixie? I would be all over this. Or maybe modify a hub to be coaster??

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 11:57 AM

So you'd be able to coast going backwards but not when going forwards? What would the point in that be?

|

1/1/2014 12:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 12:08 PM

I really don't mean to be a Dick, But I have seen another Forum go from one of the Best BMX Forums on the Internet into a FGFS/Regular FG Infested SHIT HOLE!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE Keep this stuff to absolute BARE MINIMUM!!!

|

1/1/2014 12:17 PM

Topsey wrote:

I really don't mean to be a Dick, But I have seen another Forum go from one of the Best BMX Forums on the Internet into a FGFS/Regular FG Infested SHIT HOLE!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE Keep this stuff to absolute BARE MINIMUM!!!

This. And I am being a dick about it. Get the f*cuk out with this fixie crap.

|

1/1/2014 12:25 PM

Topsey wrote:

Fondue wrote:

This. And I am being a dick about it. Get the f*cuk out with this fixie crap.

^^^^fuck fixies

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/1/2014 12:28 PM

Topsey wrote:

this
you know you dont belong when the most compassionate member tells you to fuck off

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/1/2014 12:40 PM

Yeah, keep it to the dead thread.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/1/2014 12:57 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

So you'd be able to coast going backwards but not when going forwards? What would the point in that be?

nah man open ur mind. it would be just like bmx bike with a freecoast hub. i dont ride with the fixed cog. And for all u haters, nobody asked any opinions about if u like fgfs or not. shutup and ride.

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 1:00 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

RxKing wrote:

nah man open ur mind. it would be just like bmx bike with a freecoast hub. i dont ride with the fixed cog. And for all u haters, nobody asked any opinions about if u like fgfs or not. shutup and ride.

So you mean a Freecoaster hub on a fixed gear bike?

Anyway, take this to an actual fixie forum.

|

1/1/2014 1:03 PM

RXKing, Now I WILL Be a Dick.. You joined in June last year, but I've never actually seen a post from You until now!... You come onto a BMX FORUM & talk about Fucking Faggot Ass FGFS BULL SHIT.. & When People tell you this is a BMX FORUM, You get all bitchy & act like a Giant Dick!... If You want to talk about FGFS Fuck Off to a FGFS Forum!!! Google it, I'm sure there's one on the Internet somewhere!!!!

|

1/1/2014 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 1:06 PM

that is what the topic says my friend. didnt mean to hurt your eyes with my post. i didnt force nobody to read this

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 1:08 PM

It's general BMX talk, so what makes you think this is absolutely fine to be here?

|

1/1/2014 1:09 PM

Topsey wrote:

RXKing, Now I WILL Be a Dick.. You joined in June last year, but I've never actually seen a post from You until now!... You come onto a BMX FORUM & talk about Fucking Faggot Ass FGFS BULL SHIT.. & When People tell you this is a BMX FORUM, You get all bitchy & act like a Giant Dick!... If You want to talk about FGFS Fuck Off to a FGFS Forum!!! Google it, I'm sure there's one on the Internet somewhere!!!!

dude im just asking cuz i wana ride bmx style on my bike. maybe the bmx community could helpout. ive never encountered soo much hate before about this hahaha

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 1:12 PM

seems all u haters have nothing to say but bs anyway. just wasted efforts to hate on someone. im caught in the middle cuz them fixie fags dont even talk about freecoaster hubs all they care about is fixie, i thought thered be a lil love for me since im trying to adapt some bmx principles to a fgfs frame

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 1:18 PM

You done?

|

1/1/2014 1:19 PM

If you want to ride your fixie "bmx style", why don't you just ride a bmx bike?

|

1/1/2014 1:26 PM

GThompson121 wrote:

If you want to ride your fixie "bmx style", why don't you just ride a bmx bike?

i do ride bmx, but i want to try something new. this site is very helpful thats why i posted this. i thought people were mature enough to handle it

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 1:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 1:48 PM

Fixies are fucking lame

|

1/1/2014 1:51 PM

|

1/1/2014 1:58 PM

|

1/1/2014 2:02 PM

I dont see why you couldn't do it, I've seen a bunch of the kids who ride fgfs around me have profile or animal hubs so I'd think all you have to do is buy a coaster and lace it to what ever rim you have and it should work

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/1/2014 2:05 PM

I think the problem using a bmx hub on your fixie frame will be the spacing. Fixie is 120mm. BMX is 110.

|

1/1/2014 2:12 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I dont see why you couldn't do it, I've seen a bunch of the kids who ride fgfs around me have profile or animal hubs so I'd think all you have to do is buy a coaster and lace it to what ever rim you have and it should work

i thought those hubs were too small but u might be right cz ive seen dudes riding profiles in their setups too. maybe they got spacers?? or im jus dumb when it comes to hubs

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 2:14 PM

Fondue wrote:

I think the problem using a bmx hub on your fixie frame will be the spacing. Fixie is 120mm. BMX is 110.

yea ima have to figure somethin out. thanks for the help everybody.

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 2:18 PM

Profile makes flip-flop hubs too. The spacing is 120.
|

1/1/2014 2:21 PM

|

1/1/2014 2:31 PM

you are the man. i didnt even know that. i couldve avoided all this heat

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 2:44 PM

these hubs are not freecoaster sad

i wana do this

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/1/2014 2:50 PM

Ah. Gotcha. Btw, you're welcome and also my apologies about my first post. Hating on riding of any kind is lame, although I don't believe I was hating on it, I just thought it should be asked on a fgfs forum.

|

1/1/2014 3:05 PM

Fondue wrote:

Ah. Gotcha. Btw, you're welcome and also my apologies about my first post. Hating on riding of any kind is lame, although I don't believe I was hating on it, I just thought it should be asked on a fgfs forum.

no problem man i get where everyone is coming from... have u seen that new profile hub thats coming out? theres a post on here about it, maybe thts wat i need

http://www.vitalbmx.com/videos/features/Profile-at-Interbike-2013,49977/kylecarlson,363

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music