Freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2010 6:07 PM

i bought a khe reverse laced to a alienation runaway and i dont think i like it
i can role back farther on my cassette and the cassette coasts better and it engages on me all the time annoying

|

Refs. Harry 95/ BLRBMX/ WTP 4 ever/C@RT3R

2/21/2010 6:08 PM

you should give it to me...

|

crystal meth

2/21/2010 6:08 PM

Harry95 wrote:

not givin anyone a 225 dolar wheel

|

2/21/2010 6:11 PM

Harry95 wrote:

JECBMX wrote:

you should trade it for my cassette wheel...

|

crystal meth

2/21/2010 6:12 PM

Harry95 wrote:

JECBMX wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

got a macneil laced to a supra g its indistuctable

|

2/21/2010 6:16 PM

JECBMX wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

JECBMX wrote:

damn haha i want a fc baddd. how much would you sell for

|

crystal meth

2/21/2010 6:17 PM

any body no how to get it to stop engaging wile roling back all the spacers are out

|

2/21/2010 6:19 PM

Harry95 wrote:

JECBMX wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

damn haha i want a fc baddd. how much would you sell for

dont know if im gona sell it ill give it 1 more shot it pisses me off tho

|

2/21/2010 6:22 PM

no one

|

2/21/2010 7:19 PM

you know to disengage the freecoaster before you go fakie, right...?

|

2/21/2010 7:30 PM

You have to back pedal before you 180. That's what disengages the clutch from the hub shell and moves it to the other side of the hub. Eventually your pedaling will just develop where you stop at the bottom and back pedal to flat to set up.

Freecoasters aren't as easy as everybody thinks. Stick with it for about a month and see if u can get the hang of it they're a lot of fun once you learn how to ride it.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

2/21/2010 7:32 PM

first of all. freecoasters are hard work. they change your riding style completely. if you're not prepared to do that you should sell your wheel now.

now if your prepared to spend some actual time on this there are a few things to remember

1. always disengage when you stop pedaling. make this a habit and you'll never think about it again

2.the trick to freecoasting is to never move your feet. ever!!! the second you land with your weight to the rear with your pedals all cock eyed you will engage the hub when you pull your weight back to the top.

3.do not attempt to use pedal pressure to roll out. you will get frustrated and give up. rolling out is all about changing your center of balance on a freecoaster. that and awesome sliders and halfcabs.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/21/2010 7:35 PM

i wanna try/get a freecoaster but from hearing what cupovjoe said, i dont think i can. cuz im right footforward but i fakie out using my left foot, like i push forward with my left foot to get out of fakie, so i think id be screwed ? hahah

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,

2/22/2010 1:13 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

first of all. freecoasters are hard work. they change your riding style completely. if you're not prepared to do that you should sell your wheel now.

now if your prepared to spend some actual time on this there are a few things to remember

1. always disengage when you stop pedaling. make this a habit and you'll never think about it again

2.the trick to freecoasting is to never move your feet. ever!!! the second you land with your weight to the rear with your pedals all cock eyed you will engage the hub when you pull your weight back to the top.

3.do not attempt to use pedal pressure to roll out. you will get frustrated and give up. rolling out is all about changing your center of balance on a freecoaster. that and awesome sliders and halfcabs.

i always stop at the bottom of a pedal and bring it back up to disengage and always half cab i think i fixed it but didnt ride it much after i put it back on it would engage when going down a bank or somthin think its good now though
i think the style looks better than cassette

|

2/22/2010 1:16 PM

How much slack are you running?freecoasters a amazingly fun,wish i had one and all the ones i ride you don't have to pedal backwards.already setup good

|

2/22/2010 1:18 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

JECBMX wrote:

i always stop at the bottom of a pedal and bring it back up to disengage and always half cab i think i fixed it but didnt ride it much after i put it back on it would engage when going down a bank or somthin think its good now though
i think the style looks better than cassette

stop being a bitch..you...you.....bitch??
seriously get the fuck over it go ride.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

2/22/2010 1:22 PM

OakPoint_Bmx wrote:

How much slack are you running?freecoasters a amazingly fun,wish i had one and all the ones i ride you don't have to pedal backwards.already setup good

no spacers at all or it engages and u dont land your trick
goin to ride it now

|

2/22/2010 1:23 PM

Freecoasters make me half cab crazy good and sliders always feel good to do

|

2/22/2010 1:47 PM

JECBMX wrote:

any body no how to get it to stop engaging wile roling back all the spacers are out

pedal your cranks backward like a half a crank and you will be fine

|

40+ Reffs on my profile Hit it up
IM LEGIT I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 08' NIGGA

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

2/22/2010 1:49 PM

also learn to ride a fc

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

2/22/2010 1:51 PM

If you ride chainless for a day you can ride a freecoaster,pretty much mastered chainless.Getting enough speed is the factor i'm dealing with but that feeling of going backwards just feels amazing and smooth

|

2/22/2010 1:51 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

i wanna try/get a freecoaster but from hearing what cupovjoe said, i dont think i can. cuz im right footforward but i fakie out using my left foot, like i push forward with my left foot to get out of fakie, so i think id be screwed ? hahah

yes haha you will be in for a treat... when i rollout of a fakie i USED to turn and pedal to to it faster butwhen i got the fc i just learned (after hitting my knee's on the bars and stem a million times) that i can use momentum

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

2/22/2010 1:53 PM

trade it for my stock 14t flip flop

|

☻/
/▌
/ \
___ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡π̲̲͡|̡̡̡____

This is Bob and his beautiful beach house, copy and paste him on your signature so he can obtain Vital domination!

2/22/2010 1:54 PM

Zachy D wrote:

trade it for my stock 14t flip flop

dude! you giving him such a deal!

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

2/22/2010 1:54 PM

Blake El Gingero wrote:

yes haha you will be in for a treat... when i rollout of a fakie i USED to turn and pedal to to it faster butwhen i got the fc i just learned (after hitting my knee's on the bars and stem a million times) that i can use momentum

That sucks guess i just picked up on it really fast

|

2/22/2010 1:56 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

Blake El Gingero wrote:

OakPoint_Bmx wrote:

yeah its not bad but for some people its just hard. my friend tried to ride my fc for an hour or so and his knees were read from slack and rollouts lol idk

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

2/22/2010 2:02 PM

Blake El Gingero wrote:

OakPoint_Bmx wrote:

Blake El Gingero wrote:

yeah its not bad but for some people its just hard. my friend tried to ride my fc for an hour or so and his knees were read from slack and rollouts lol idk

I'd trade someone if they wanted my wheel.I like the wheel to be silent and solid like that.I've had one too many chains brak and as soon as i change to LHD the driver of my wheel messes up a couple time and chainless again kinda sucks but fun at the same time

|

2/22/2010 2:04 PM

OakPoint_Bmx wrote:

Blake El Gingero wrote:

OakPoint_Bmx wrote:

I'd trade someone if they wanted my wheel.I like the wheel to be silent and solid like that.I've had one too many chains brak and as soon as i change to LHD the driver of my wheel messes up a couple time and chainless again kinda sucks but fun at the same time

yeah

|

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893