Freecoaster DS hubguard problem!!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2013 1:26 PM

hey everyone! Got a problem. I run 4 pegs and a freecoaster and for some reason whenever I put a drive side hubguard on my hub it makes a weird clicking/popping/grinding sound when I pedal hard. Do you know what causes this? I run a non-drive side guard and it doesn't give me any trouble but when I put a hubguard on the drive side it starts making noises. Any help would be great! Thanks

|

Stay fit, ride a Fit, crash and have a fit.

8/1/2013 1:41 PM

sounds likes your chain is rubbing your guard

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/1/2013 1:44 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

This seems right.. What size Driver do you have? What Chain are you running? aaaaand What DSG do you have?

|

8/1/2013 1:49 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Topsey wrote:

This seems right.. What size Driver do you have? What Chain are you running? aaaaand What DSG do you have?

im assuming he has a plastic primo dsg.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

8/1/2013 1:59 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Topsey wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

im assuming he has a plastic primo dsg.

Not necessarily. My rush v2 driver & kmc 510 don't rub my pc dsg

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/1/2013 3:27 PM

I've got a rush v2 and a kmc 510 and a primo dsg.

|

8/1/2013 3:29 PM

Should I buy a new guard or what could I do to this one to fix it?

|

8/1/2013 3:29 PM

Its a 9t Driver right? I don't think they did any bigger? However if its an 11t like some KHE Clones did offer then the DSG wont fit over it 10t is the MAX.

|

8/1/2013 3:31 PM

Three60 wrote:

I've got a rush v2 and a kmc 510 and a primo dsg.

That is my exact setup lol. So how is it your chain rubs and mine doesnt?

|

8/1/2013 3:40 PM

make sure the guard is centered on the chain so it has an even amount of room around it... andif it still rubs then use a file and file the edges down... also if you have like a 28tooth sprocket or bigger then it wont fit so you need to shave it even more.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/1/2013 3:45 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

make sure the guard is centered on the chain so it has an even amount of room around it... andif it still rubs then use a file ...more

Well no he could be running 28/9 gearing or even 30/9 gearing. It doesn't matter what Sprocket size he has its the DRIVER size that makes the difference. If he has anything bigger than 10t in the back the guard will not work.

|

8/1/2013 7:42 PM

Daily grind would work great

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

8/1/2013 7:51 PM

Topsey wrote:

Well no he could be running 28/9 gearing or even 30/9 gearing. It doesn't matter what Sprocket size he has its the DRIVER size ...more

if you have something biggger than 25 then the chain comes out at more of an angle.. so if you have anything over 25t then it can hit and you have to shave the edges down to give it more clearance... i know cuz i was running a 9t driver and it didnt fit because of the 28t sprocket... now like your saying if he has 10t in the back then the guard wont work at all... im saying that he might have to mod it a little for the bigger sprocket...

|

Deviant BMX store

8/1/2013 8:37 PM

The primo one is retarded I have the aluminum one and even with 25/9 it hits, the daily grind dsg fuck anything else

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

8/1/2013 8:45 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

The primo one is retarded I have the aluminum one and even with 25/9 it hits, the daily grind dsg fuck anything else

Yeah the metal primo dsg is hard as hell to adjust right & a mm or 2 off & it rubs.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/1/2013 8:45 PM

yeeeahh haha i bought one and had to mod it so much to fit 28 9 i ended up just throwing it away... is the daily grind universal?

|

Deviant BMX store

8/2/2013 5:45 AM

I'm getting a fair amount of grinding with my primo dsg on a 30t to a 9t ratchet. I really want to try the daily dsg

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/2/2013 5:53 AM

i have a khe astern. eclat diesel -- basically a 710. and plastic dsg. i let it rub for months before i modded it... now its not even close to rubbing.. and i currently ride 28/9

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

8/2/2013 6:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2013 6:54 AM

My PC dsg works fine on 28/9 with no mods

|

8/2/2013 7:00 AM

tomdon wrote:

My PC dsg works fine on 28/9 with no mods

mine is crushed a bit where it rests on the locknut

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

8/2/2013 7:46 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

yeeeahh haha i bought one and had to mod it so much to fit 28 9 i ended up just throwing it away... is the daily grind ...more

yea it can be used on almost any hub but you may have to mod the base area because it is hub so if you run a slammed rear it might rest on the welds

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

8/2/2013 7:57 AM

yea it can be used on almost any hub but you may have to mod the base area because it is hub so if you run a slammed rear it ...more

so what do you mean mod the base? ill definitly look into it... it seems way better than the primo.

|

Deviant BMX store