Freecoaster Help!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2016 8:09 AM

I got my bike and it had NO slack, So I took apart the hub and removed all 3 slack rings. Put it back together and have about 1/8 of a crank before it engages. I want a little more slack because my feet move around a little more than they should when I ride, But the question is... HOW? I've already removed all of the slack rings. KHE internals if that helps.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

8/28/2016 7:11 AM

Bump because I need help

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

8/28/2016 5:02 PM

Are you running 28-9?

Might not get much more slack. Try running a smaller sprocket.

|

8/28/2016 10:31 PM

Yeah if you're all outta slack rings to remove then that's your slack limit. Sounds like you're just gonna have to deal with it. you'd be surprised how much your mind/body will adjust to something once you decide to do it though. Have some fun.

|

8/28/2016 11:05 PM

To get more slack after pull off the 3 tiny washers, pull out the big hat washer and put it back the other way, you'll have a lot more slack.

|

8/29/2016 3:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2016 4:32 AM

Hijacking this thread.
I regreased my superold Geisha freecoaster, turned around the Big washer. Now it makes cracking noises when pedaling. And pedaling backwards is a bit harder.

|

8/29/2016 8:04 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Are you running 28-9?

Might not get much more slack. Try running a smaller sprocket.

No sir, 25-9.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

8/29/2016 8:06 AM

Francky wrote:

To get more slack after pull off the 3 tiny washers, pull out the big hat washer and put it back the other way, you'll have a ...more

If I choose to do this and it is too much slack for my liking, would I still be able to put a slack ring on to make it suit my riding more comfortably?

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs