Freecoaster Suggestions Help

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2014 8:26 PM

Ive been looking to buy a freecoaster, But there are so many out there that its hard to choose. The reviews on vital are pretty good on the colony freecoaster and I do have to admit it looks pretty awesome in Rainbow or oilslick or whatever you want to call it. But I dont see many people talking about it on the forums has anyone rode the colony freecoaster? Also was thinking on just going with a Khe Greyhound. I asked someone on danscomp about what he would choose and he said the cult was the best in his opinion but it didnt seem to get any good reviews. If you guys have any suggestions for a freecoaster please feel free to write about your experience with a certain freecoaster. Ive also rode the Ezra and it was pretty nice for the short amount of time I rode it so I dont know how the maintenance would be on it. I also dont mind spending a little extra for quality if you guys have any suggestions for my situation. Thanks

|

7/26/2014 8:42 PM

90% of Freecoasters have the same internals (KHE.) basically pick a design or company you like and go with that.
However, the ezra has different internals and (I believe) the cult has some differences from the KHE internals

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/26/2014 9:30 PM

i have owned a khe and now an ezra
ezra takes the cake
if the ezra blows out, its a small plastic disk and you buy a replacement
khe blows, and now you have to extract a blown and deformed bearing
which sounds better?

some of the cults have bad side to side wobble
personally id go with the salt (an ezra clone) or an ezra
cult just has a tapered needle roller bearing
salt, ezra or cult are good choices
ezra is also a cassette and needs less maintenence as well

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/27/2014 10:11 AM

I just bought a primo freemix 2 days ago. So far so good but I haven't even grinded with it yet haha

|

7/27/2014 10:32 AM

Ezra freecoaster. Not much maintenance needed just like a cassette.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/27/2014 9:16 PM

If it's your first freecoaster, you might be better off looking for something used maybe one somebody bought and realizes they like cassette better..I know a lot of people have done that and you wind getting a whole wheel for the price of a new hub..if you wanna go new Id go with a complete wheel.. Like the other person said a lot of them use KHE internals as they have been proven but I'm sure the other companies using different technology aren't putting out junk either so pick a company u likeand let it roll

|

7/27/2014 11:06 PM

That Freemix is going to come in an oil slick soon I heard that should be sick. Anyone ride an Alienation Rush V2?

|

7/27/2014 11:10 PM

Cutlash wrote:

That Freemix is going to come in an oil slick soon I heard that should be sick. Anyone ride an Alienation Rush V2?

lelelelelel oilslick

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/28/2014 2:13 AM

Ive been on the cult since its release, if you look after if, it will treat you well! I love mine, although imma swap it out when the blind drops!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/28/2014 4:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2014 4:06 PM

I have a federal v2 coaster been riding it for 2years and the guy I bought it off had it since they came out and it's still going strong although when I got it it only had 1 bearing left in the driver but I contacted federal and they contacted a local distro for me and sent 2 free replacement driver bearings and main bearing. I do clean and re grease every month or so depending on how much I ride

|